4: Advancement & Evolution
5.7k 16 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Successfully advanced Host from 'Baby' to 'Child' Demon Dragon."]
["Successfully advanced Host from 'Child' to 'Young Adult' Demon Dragon."]
["After successfully advancing into a 'Young Adult', the Host has 200XP left."]
["Waking up the Host from sleep."]

Lucifer slowly began to open my eyes. The second he woke up, he felt an excruciating pain through his whole body, and he couldn't even move a single part of his body except his eyelids.

- "Status."

________________
[Name: Lucifer][Race: Demon Dragon (Young Adult: 3/5)][Rank: Earth]
- Titles:
- HP: 300/300, MP: 0/300
- Total Battlepower (TB): 300/600
- Skills: Expand, Sanguis Dragon Flame,
- Unique Skills: Absorb, Combine, Observation,
- Passive Skills: Fear, Demon's Healing,
[Advancement Unavailable]
[Evolution Unavailable]

________________

Apparently the advancing used up all his MP. The reason might have been that he skipped the 'Child' stage, and jumped straight to 'Young Adult'. 
'I'll have to wait a bit to recover my MP, in case I encounter a beast'. Lucifer thought while having some hint of concern in his eyes. He got the skill 'Flight' which allows him to fly around and soar into the sky. Flying around is a much faster means of transportation than walking around on 4 legs which will make things much easier for him. 'I should first wait a couple of hours before I leave the cave and try to find some food and XP'.

A couple of hours later of rest, Lucifer could begin to move his body again. The first thing he did, was to get a feeling of how big his body had become. His wingspan had increased to 8 meters, while the height of his body had increased to 4. His tail was approximately 10 meters in length and it had gotten a sharp spike at the tip of it, which was white in colour and had some red patterns on it. Looking closer at his wings and body, he spotted that different kind of blood-red symbols and carvings had appeared looking really eerie. After inspecting himself, he noticed the cave he was in was barely big enough to fit him after head advanced into a Young Adult. Looking at the entrance, which now seemed much smaller than before, he barely managed to squeeze himself out.
Looking at the surroundings, it all seemed smaller now due to him having grown to a height of 4 meters.

- "Let's try out my new and bigger body."

He spread out his wings and began to fly through the jungle, only barely managing to fit. After flying around for some time underneath the tree's crowns, he flew over the top of the trees, to find a beautiful sunset, with magical clouds and vibrant colours.

Suddenly a smaller dragon came flying toward him several hundred meters away. It had shiny green scales almost resembling nature. On top of its head, sat a little flower quietly blowing in the winds. It had a calm aura and looked like it was a peaceful and friendly race. It didn't seem to have noticed me, although I was bigger than it, and continued to fly toward me.

- "Observation."

________________
[Name: None][Race: Nature's Dragon (Young adult: 3/5)][Rank: Earth]
- HP: 250/250, MP: 250/300
- Total Battlepower (TB): 500/550
- Skills: Recovery, Nature's Dragon Flame, Acid Spit
- Unique Skills: Nature Control,
- Passive Skills: Nature's Healing,

[Race: Nature's Dragon]
Nature's Dragon is known for being a friendly and calm dragon race, the complete opposite of the Demon Dragon's race like Yin and Yang. It is on friendly terms with humans and most living beings, and sometimes it travels together with caravans, or in small groups of people. They are very shortsighted, while their hearing is some of the best among Earth Rank. It is also known as 'Nature's Protector'.
________________

'So that's why it hasn't noticed me yet, it's simply too far away to see me', Lucifer silently contemplated.
'Wait, there are even humans in this world? Then It's going to get interesting!' He happily thought.
When the dragon was 100 meters away, it finally noticed him. But sadly as soon as it did, fear could be seen in its eye and it began to shiver ever so slightly, and it hurriedly turned away to flee from him. He ignored it since it wouldn't hurt him anyway, and he wouldn't want to hurt something that was of a friendly nature. After thinking for a while on what to do next, he came to the conclusion that it would be best to try and hunt some beasts and get enough XP to advance further. 'Right now, It wouldn't be too hard to kill those Demonic Deers and they give a lot of XP, and I wanna find out what happens if I combine my bloodline with the Demonic Deers'. He finally decided.

["Bloodline of the 'Demonic Deer' has successfully achieved 100%."]

After a couple of days of hunting around for the 'Demonic Deer', he successfully gathered it's bloodline and one more of its skills, the 'Demon's Eye'.

________________
[Skill: Demon's Eye]
When used, it will send out a pressuring and intimidating aura and it has a small chance to visualise the enemy's next move.
________________

'So it's a form for prediction ability'. Lucifer had a small smile on his face. Almost at the same time another message with the familiar cold and mechanical voice rang inside my mind.

["Due to obtaining the complete bloodline of the 'Demonic Deer', it is possible to combine the Demon Dragon bloodline and the Demonic Deer bloodline."]

'Since I only have 2 bloodlines, If I mix them I should be going to sleep again, due to my body being modified into whatever it is the combination gives'. He flew up into the sky to try and find a good place he could stay at while undergoing another advancement. 
Some time after beginning to fly, he found a mountain a couple of kilometres tall with a flat surface on top. When I landed on top of the flat surface, I noticed it looked like the top of the mountain was almost cut clean off, with something sharp. After looking and studying the surface for a bit he laid down while beginning to ponder what kind of beasts the two bloodlines would create.

- "Loton, what beast bloodline will be made by combining the Demonic Deer- and Demon Dragon bloodline?"

________________
[Current bloodlines]:
- Demon Dragon (100%)
- Demonic Deer (100%)

[Possible Outcome]:
- Dragon Deer (Earth Rank)(TB: 1800)
- Giant Demonic Dragon (Lord Rank)(TB: 2400)

[Race: Dragon Deer]
A race of dragons resembling a deer. It is calm and friendly and doesn't attack without reason. It is an intelligent and rare race to spot, and it is said that it can be tamed.

[Race: Giant Demonic Dragon]
A new race of dragons that with its sheer size gives an intimidating and oppressing feeling. It is an intelligent dragon race, while also being violent and sometimes even attacks stronger beasts, due to its physical size and strength.
________________
'The Giant Demonic Dragon sounds amazing compared to the Dragon Deer and it's even so much stronger than I am now!'. He looked over the two possibilities with interest. The thing he needed to do right now was to get stronger and survive in case he'd ever run into a strong opponent.

- "Loton, combine the Demon Dragon with the Demonic Deer into the Giant Demonic Dragon."

["Combination of the Demon Dragon bloodline with the Demonic Deer bloodline is initiated."]
["Due to the System needing to transform the body of the Host, the Host will need to enter deep sleep, during a duration of 12 hours."]
["Confirmation needed, will the Host combine the 2 bloodlines and transform into the Giant Demonic Dragon?"]
[Y/N]

- "Yes!"

["Entering deep sleep for the duration of 12 hours."]

 

Don't ask why the combination of a Demonic Deer and the Demon Dragon results in the Giant Demonic Dragon. It just does.

91