35: Divine Abyssal Lotus
3.1k 4 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hi.

I am extremely sorry for not publishing for over a month! I've been having a hard time taking the initiative to write, and I just had a hard time writing. Now that my parents have helped me start writing again, I'll be editing the first 5 chapters after I've published this chapter. After that, I'll begin on the next chapter!

 

Lucifer felt that Madison's words were hard for her to say as he could see her eyes get wet, and she almost choked on her words while explaining. Lucifer felt his heartache when he looked at the pure and innocent girl in front of him, with tears in her eyes. From the look in her eyes, it was almost as if he could see her memories flashing by, reminding her of the past. It was the first time Lucifer had seen her cry, and although he was happy to see another side of her, he didn't like it either as seeing such a beauty cry right in front of him almost made himself tear up. Ever since he met her back on Earth he had never wanted her to cry tears of sorrow as it would simply not feel right for such a beautiful girl to cry. It would be better for her to always smile, and be happy

As he felt that she was on the verge of breaking down in tears he hurriedly went forward while trying to hug her to the best of his abilities with his enormous dragon body. Although it was a bit awkward of a hug, he still barely managed to hold her while gently patting her on the back with his claw. 

As Lucifer lowered his head to look at her, Madison simultaneously raised her head making eye contact. She instantly burst out in tears while trying to hide her face. It was an extremely weird sight to behold. A crying Goddess burying herself in the arms of a mortal dragon.

 

-"E-Enough of that, yo-you'll have to b-become stronger fast, i-in order to survive i-in this world."

 

The previously crying Madison had already moved away from Lucifer without him even noticing her leaving his grasp. Although her eyes were still red from crying, the tears had already stopped. Although Lucifer could only see her back, he could feel she released a form of majestic yet gentle aura.

 

-"Although I can't help you m-much when it comes to raising your s-strength, I'll help you to the best of my ability."

 

As she said that, out of thin air a little flower condensed. Its petals were completely black, while its stem was white with small carvings in black, representing all sorts of mythical animals. The whole flower glowed, and it exuded an aura of perfection. As Lucifer stared at it, he could sense that the flower was boundless. No matter how deep you looked or felt, it just had no end.

 

-"This is the Divine Abyss Lotus. It is a treasure of the Abyss, and it was gifted to me as a birthday present from the Abyss God on my 1000th birthday. Although it contains endless power and energy, I've never been able to use it, due to limitations. Only species from the Abyss can absorb it. It is extremely rare, and the Abyss God only has few of them, which he's saving for the future generation of Abyss Gods."

 

As Lucifer listened he was dumbfounded over and over again. First, he found out that Madison was over 1000 years old. Although he had expected that she would be old, he didn't think she'd be such an old granny. Second, was that only Abyss creatures could use it. Since Lucifer's species were an Abyssal Dragon, it naturally meant he'd be able to absorb it without much trouble. But what made him the most confused was that there were future generations of Abyss Gods. What did that imply? That even gods die of age? Or was the Abyss God cautious?

 

-"However, the Divine Abyssal Lotus can't be absorbed by any creature below Saint Rank. Due to this, you're not able to absorb it, which means you'll have to work harder and attain Saint Rank."

 

-"How can it be that you're trying to make me hurry so much? Is it because of some creature that even gods of this world can't fight against?"

 

Lucifer simply didn't understand why he'd have to get strong even quicker than before since the tempo at which he was growing was already extremely fast. If other people knew how fast he was growing they'd probably kill themselves from jealousy and envy. And now, he was told to do it even quicker? It simply didn't make sense that the pace he was at wasn't even enough.

 

-"It is indeed someone strong, but I'm not allowed to tell you anymore unless you achieve Angel Rank."

 

'Again!' Now he had to achieve an even higher rank for her to tell him what all that hurrying was about.  Even though he already felt strong, in terms of strength, compared to other entities, he was only an ant. No, not even an ant, but a speck of dust. Something they wouldn't even take notice to, something that without even thinking or doing anything they could kill. The world was extremely big, and no matter how strong one is, it doesn't matter since there'll always be someone stronger. It was an extremely scary thought since it made one feel helpless and insignificant. 

 

-"Since you can't absorb the Lotus, I'll have to fuse it to your soul, and when you achieve Saint Rank, it'll automatically be absorbed and be turned into strength and power."

 

She gently raised her hand and took the Divine Abyssal Lotus by the stem, and arrived in front of Lucifer, pushing it into his chest without any form of resistance coming from Lucifer. Although it sounded weird, that it would be bound to his soul, deep down Lucifer knew it was for his own good that Madison would fuse it.

The moment it entered his chest, his whole body began shaking violently, and an excruciating pain developed in his soul. The worst kind of pain imaginable couldn't be achieved with a body, but with a soul. The soul was the most sensitive and least tolerable towards pain. it was also one of the weaknesses of every creature unless they had trained their soul using special techniques.

 

-"I'll be sending you on the way! Let's meet again soon when you've achieved Saint Rank!"

 

Instantly Lucifer felt space around him twist and turn in every direction as if someone manipulated it. A suction force moved Lucifer through a tunnel with hundreds of different colors, as if hundreds of rainbows had merged and formed a cylinder.

 

1The next chapter will be published on Thursday, so I have a little more time to stock up on a couple of chapters!

52