37: Forest of the Death Realm
6k 23 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thanks for the recent support! If you do manage to find a mistake, please let me know since it'll help me improve the overall quality of the novel!

 

A couple of hours later, Lucifer could be spotted flying through the forest. Because of the tree's sizes, he could spread out his wings without feeling squashed. What made Lucifer feel a little fear, was the amount of Death Energy contained inside the forest. The Death Energy outside the forest would already be enough to instantly kill an Earth Rank, while the one inside the forest could injure a Lord Rank without much trouble. The pressure that came with it was extremely strong, which made Lucifer move slower than he usually did.

As he moved forward he noticed that the calling was becoming stronger, yet at the same time, it felt more distant than ever. It was an extremely strange feeling that made Lucifer confused. He didn't know whether he was going in the right direction, or if he was going the complete opposite direction. Everything around him felt weird. He couldn't connect the dots and find out which way was which and which way he had come from.

 

A mist began to form throughout the forest, and it only got thicker and thicker over time, no matter which direction Lucifer went in. After an unknown amount of time, the mist had become so thick, Lucifer had a hard time even looking a couple of meters in front of him. And this was not with human eyes. If a human with the same amount of strength as Lucifer arrived at this place, they'd probably not even be able to see more than a couple of centimeters in front of them. That was how thick the mist had become. He could neither see nor feel anything as if his body had become numb. The calling had also stopped, preventing him from having any clue of which direction he should go. The forest was devoid of any sound, creating an extremely eerie atmosphere.

 

Suddenly a blue eerie light began forming amongst the mist, being only barely visible. It moved from side to side and up and down as if it was trying to lurk Lucifer towards it. But since Lucifer had a human soul and was intelligent, it wouldn't even have any effect on him. Over time, more and more blue lights began forming, all swinging gently from side to side, creating a mystical scene. While the lights continuously swung from side to side, Lucifer began to feel a danger approaching, as if some sort of animal was preying on him. But the problem was, that his senses had been blocked off.

 

-"Loton, what is this?!"

["What the Host is currently facing is the Mist of Confusion. It is the most commonly used mental attack in the Realm of Death, due to the easiness of casting it. It can be used to make the prey confused, even if it is a Rank above the caster."]

-"How do I get out of this??"

["Among the blue lights inside the mist, one of them is slightly deformed. If the Host manages to break or catch it, the mist will automatically disappear while the attacker will be revealed."]

 

Immediately Lucifer began looking for the light that should be deformed. It would be a hard task since he was pressed on time due to the sense of danger, and there were hundreds of blue lights, each looking identical. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack since the blue light he was looking for was only slightly deformed according to the description made by Loton.

Another problem was, that it was almost impossible to read the distance a blue light was away from Lucifer since the mist messed up his senses.

Although Lucifer knew his body was immortal, he still couldn't help but feel that something was wrong, and it might be dangerous even for his body. It was just like when the King of Giants had slashed at him with his sword. Even though he had an immortal body, that sword somehow still managed to prevent his body from healing up, which was extremely scary. That just proved that even something that is meant to be immortal will have their nemesis no matter how strong or how powerful it's vitality and healing powers are. He knew he couldn't underestimate whatever was hiding in the mist, but why wouldn't it attack now when he didn't have any sense of direction? Perhaps it was wary of him, or perhaps it was waiting for something. It could be its pals, or it could be it didn't have the strength to take down Lucifer in one go, which would put its own life at risk.

 

Everything was possible which made it all the more confusing and hard to comprehend for Lucifer's brain which was in a state of chaos. Lucifer looked at every blue light to see if any on of them seemed different, but even then he couldn't spot which one was the deformed one. And that was even with much better eyesight than humans. 'No wonder it is used against prey, it is extremely effective.'

After a while, Lucifer felt that his chaotic state of mind had calmed down a bit, and he was able to think more rational than before. His eyesight also gradually began to recover, but only so much that it allowed him to see a little more detail in his surroundings. The blue lights became more apparent but that was all.

 

Suddenly Lucifer noticed one of the blue lights was different. It was so minuscule that it was just one big coincidence that he had spotted it. A slight bump was located on the right side, while it flickered ever so slightly, making it almost impossible to see that something was wrong with it.

At almost that instant Lucifer shot towards that light, while at the same time the sense of danger became more apparent. Death Energy in the air became denser. Although the Death Energy was already extremely dense, it almost doubled, which made Lucifer slow down, even more, making it harder to reach the deformed light. It felt like he was moving in slow-motion compared to his normal speed, but that didn't hinder him to try and reach the deformed blue light since it was highly likely the only way to make the mist dissipate.

 

As he got nearer to the blue light, it felt like it had some sort of connection with him, as if it belonged to him. It felt like it was a long lost treasure. It almost seemed as if it was trying to move towards him, but at the same time, it seemed like it was trying to avoid him.

 

When he was right in front of the blue light, he decided that the best way to catch it was with his mouth. The reason behind it was that the closer Lucifer got to the blue light, the more pressure was emitted from it, slowing him down further. At the moment, the pressure was so strong that he could barely move his legs, while his wings hung down his sides. He chomped down.

 

The next chapter will be published on Tuesday!

49