Chapter 323: I warned you.
201 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a slight lull in the bids after Yao Jun made his move, the various gazes that lingered on him seemingly trying to figure out his identity. He had reached the middle stage of the Earthly Deity realm and could bring out 250 Primordial grade Spirit Stones, so they found it highly unlikely that he was just a random person.

But none of them had heard about him before, nor did he fit the descriptions of any of the stronger cultivators that they were aware of, leading to a slight bit of hesitation. Unknown variables were always something you had to treat carefully, especially if that variable was one you didn't have the slightest bit of information on.

But they were also aware that you couldn't just let your worry dictate all of your actions, sometimes you had to judge things based on what was right in front of you and then act on that. Yao Jun was sitting along with the others at the lowest floor rather than in one of the private booths, so the odds of him not having a large backing was a bit greater than the odds of him having one. As such, a few more bids were thrown out, mainly just to test the waters.

"251 Primordial Spirit Stones."
"252 Primordial Spirit Stones."
"255 Primordial Spirit Stones."
"310 Primordial Spirit Stones."

The final bid once again silenced the remaining people in the auction. 310 Primordial grade Spirit Stones had already exceeded the value of the refined blood by about 150 Primordial Spirit Stones. Only those who had a true need or use for the blood would bother bidding a price like this. Some people cast glances at the private booth that threw out the bid, but Yao Jun was not among them and simply called out his counter-offer.

"500 Primordial Spirit Stones."

He once again raised the price by an exorbitant number, once again drawing the gazes of the others in the auction hall. Yao Jun himself wasn't bothered by the gazes, but Yao Xuelian was still young so the pressure that the gaze of several strong cultivators brought with it wasn't too pleasant for her.

She squirmed slightly, Yao Jun's brows furrowing for a second before he tapped the handrest of his chair. A sharp yet invisible pressure shot out from him, enveloping Yao Xuelian and directly splitting apart any pressure that the various gazes brought with them. It wasn't a terribly obvious move, but those with keener eyes or senses were still able to detect it, a sliver of graveness surfacing in their eyes when they felt exactly how sharp that pressure of his was.

Yao Jun heard a dissatisfied click of a tongue come from the private booth that had bid 310 Primordial Spirit Stones, but the person residing there didn't place any more bids. 500 Primordial Spirit Stones was already a price that few people would be willing to shoulder unless they absolutely had to, it was even enough to buy out several mid-sized organizations. Thanks to that Gao Weizu soon brought this round of bidding to an end with a smile.

"Sold for 500 Primordial Spirit Stones to the gentleman at the back. Would you like the item right away or should we prepare it once the auction ends?"

Yao Jun showed his answer by throwing out an interspatial ring, Gao Weizu quickly snatching it out from the air. He scanned the contents and threw out the yellow gourd upon seeing that the ring contained the agreed-upon price. No one made a move for the gourd as it flew through the air, doing so would be the same as going against the Sunborn Auction House. And with the ties they had to Province Emperor Sunsong, that was an action that was tantamount to suicide.

Yao Jun caught the gourd and removed the cork, making sure that it still contained what he was looking for. It was an act that could be considered somewhat rude as it questioned the honesty of the Sunborn Auction House, especially since he did it right in front of them. But if an act as small as someone questioning their honesty was enough to anger them then they would never have reached their current position, so Gao Weizu didn't even flinch at the sight.

Yao Jun tossed the gourd into his interspatial ring after checking its contents, dropping it into his God Gate the moment it entered his interspatial ring. It landed in front of the slime, Jun Tuan, who had already received word from Yao Jun and thus immediately swallowed the gourd whole.

Quietly, and unbeknownst to the outer world, Yao Jun was already in the middle of creating an army of Divine Beasts, even creating some that had never seen the light of day before. Just one Divine Beast alone was terrifying enough to become an overlord and arouse great greed so there would certainly be more than a few people willing to move against him just for the chance to get their hands on one of the beasts. But for those that tried, they would learn exactly what sort of existence was capable of creating an army of Divine Beasts.

Yao Jun had acquired his target, but he didn't leave the auction house despite this. The refined blood was just the first item to be sold, there would definitely be even more valuable items sold later, it wouldn't be a waste of time to see some of these.

And sure enough, the auction quickly started up again as item after item was brought out. The items directly after the refined blood were of somewhat lower quality but still quite precious, most of them being items related to certain laws to help you cultivate them. During the second day of the auction, a Demonic beast was brought out for sale. It was a serpent type Demonic beast that was originally of the lightning element but had mutated after eating some strange resources, gaining the stone element as well.

In his own universe, a beast like this that wielded two opposing laws would be considered a Horrid Beast, and it certainly had the strength to back that name up. But it had still been captured and sold off, the final buyer spending nearly 1500 Primordial Spirit Stones. Yao Jun wasn't entirely idle during the auction either, spending a further 1100 Primordial Spirit Stones.

These Spirit Stones were only spent on two items, a soul cultivation manual focused on illusions and a soul cultivation manual focused on a slow refinement and infusing the soul with a vast quantity of lifeforce. The first one was bought for Guo Luo since it was well suited to her and the second one was bought for Yao Xuelian since it was much gentler than Yao Jun's own Monarch's Nine Rebirths, it would be suitable for her to cultivate from a young age.

There were other items that caught his eye, but the bidding wars for them exceeded his capital so he could only give up on them. After all, he might have plenty of funds on his hands, but when he was competing against the larger organizations that brought out their all for these items, he would inevitably end up somewhat lacking. And just like that, he didn't buy anything else as the sixth and final day of the auction arrived.

The lights in the hall were dimmed slightly as the evening of the sixth day arrived, the walls and floor lighting up with minuscule runes that gathered together into lines and formed an array. Sunborn Auction Hall was clearly powering their protective array with all their might now, showing that they were likely about to take out their final item.

Yao Jun's guess was quickly proven correct when two people appeared beside Gao Weizu, a lithe man and a muscular woman, both of them exuding auras that had already surpassed the Heavenly Deity realm. One of them handed a box to Gao Weizu, who opened it to reveal a transparent vial containing only a single drop of blood that shimmered with a faint blue light.

Gao Weizu trembled slightly as he held the box, slowly removing the lid of the vial, moving so carefully that it looked like he was handling an infant. But the moment the lid was removed, a horrendous pressure spread out and covered the hall, the entire building creaking as if it was about to fall apart. Yao Jun could even feel his God Gate tremble as the pressure pushed down on it, suppressing it so much that it almost felt like it would be sealed shut.

Yao Jun had even stood in front of Origin Beasts before, yet not even they had been able to cause his God Gate to react like this. Gao Weizu put the lid back in place in a careful manner, drawing in a deep breath to calm himself before he gave a short description of the item.

"The final item will be this single drop of blood. We have just barely managed to divine that it belongs to a previously unknown Primordial Man known as Qiao Xingmei. It is filled with an extremely oppressive aura of the law of water, it is extraordinarily suited to those cultivating their body and those who specialize in the law of water. Bids will start at 12 000 Primordial Spirit Stones."

A solemn silence hung over the hall after Gao Weizu finished his statement, a good portion of the people in the room unaware of what a Primordial Man even was. But Yao Jun had read through countless books already, so he knew a little bit about those transcendent existences.

A Primordial Man was the same as an Origin Beast, a being born alongside a universe. But whereas an Origin Beast would be the first beast born, a Primordial Man would be the first humanoid born, the ancestor of the first humanoid races of that universe. For blood of this level to be brought out, Yao Jun knew that this wasn't a bidding war meant for him. And sure enough, the bids immediately left the reasonable range.

"25 000."
"51 000"
"250 000"
"370 000"
"10 Empyrean Spirit Stones."

The voice that called out the final bid was bright and low, it felt as if it was pressing down on the entire city at once. The price it spoke of was also enough to leave everyone dumbfounded, there was actually someone bidding using Empyrean Spirit Stones, the highest grade in existence. And sure enough, no one dared to bid higher. The box and vial vanished into thin air, a bright orange interspatial ring appearing in their place, signifying the end of the auction.

It felt like an abrupt end, but it was one that few people would be able to forget. Not only had they gotten to see blood from a Primordial Man, but they also got to experience someone bidding with Empyrean Spirit Stones. Yao Jun had already acquired the things he paid for so he could bring Guo Luo and Yao Xuelian to leave the auction hall straight away.

He had gotten what he was looking for here, so he figured that it would be time to leave the planet after a bit longer so that they could head for the last Divine Beasts he was looking for. The Divine Beasts would be the first step in raising his strength to meet the requirement for the King rank on the Multiverse Bloodwind List, only like that could he ask the Bloodwind Emperor to revive Yun Yantian.

But as they walked through the city, a little over three hours after they left the auction hall, Yao Jun's eyebrows ticked up for a second. Yao Xuelian was being swung around by him and Guo Luo at the moment, but he stopped swinging her and picked her up instead, pinching her nose and tugging on it a few times.

It looked like an affectionate gesture, but the moment he did so, his mental energy flooded into her mind and overwrote the world that she saw. And as the world she saw was overwritten, a sickening squelching sound rang out around Yao Jun. Nine circular indents appeared on the ground around him, eight of them containing the squashed remains of people covered in robes that looked like folded space.

The ninth one didn't contain a corpse, but it still contained a crushed arm and part of a leg. A middle-aged woman with frosty green eyes and long black hair was standing a step away from the indent, her left arm and part of her leg missing, blood spurting out from the jagged edge that remained.

Her face was pallid and filled with sweat, her pupils had already shrunk to a state where they were barely visible. Yao Jun moved his head but didn't let his gaze land on the woman, his eyes drifting beyond her and landing on what seemed to be empty space.

"Your arms already healed fully, that's pretty darn fast."

The empty space he was looking at shimmered for a second before it was moved aside, Ren Shuren and Ren Yazhu removing the strange robes they were wearing and revealing themselves. They didn't look too shocked by the bloody scene, Ren Shuren simply glanced casually at the pale woman, Zue Angye.

"I warned you."

10