Chapter 303: Planning negotiations.
291 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yao Jun stood in front of the crumpled body of the blue-eyed and violet-haired Lin Shuyen, who could only be described as a bloody mess after what Zhuyin had done to her. He frowned slightly as he looked down at her, the state of her face was a bit worse than he originally thought, it might be a bit hard for her to properly answer his questions in this state. He stretched out his right arm with his cupped hand facing the sky, but a thunderous shout rocked the area before he could proceed.

"YOU GET AWAY FROM MY NIECE!"

A crackle of lightning followed the loud bellow, an azure bolt of lightning piercing directly toward Yao Jun's head. Yao Jun glanced at the lightning and frowned slightly at the sudden attack, his right arm shifting into a dismissive wave. A translucent water-like shield appeared at his side, the lightning actually bouncing back when it touched the shield. The true form of the lightning was also revealed as it bounced back, it was a middle-aged man with golden eyes and blue hair, lightning crackling all around him.

He had been watching the duel from the start, just barely containing his anger since it was after all his niece that had initiated the battle. But seeing that Yao Jun was planning to do something to her even after she had lost the battle so violently, he was no longer able to hold himself back.

Lightning danced within the man's eyes as he looked at Yao Jun and stomped the ground to charge forward again, Yao Jun not even bothering to move in response. The water-like shield he had created earlier suddenly expanded and surrounded the middle-aged man while he was charging, he crashed into it and bounced off again. But this time he clashed with the other side of the orb while bouncing back and ended up bouncing downward, crashing into the bottom of the orb and getting bounced up.

Like this, the middle-aged man that had reached the late-stage of the Earthly Deity realm kept bouncing around in the orb that was a fusion of the law of water and the law of reflection, unable to even properly position his body. Yao Jun had the strength to duke it out with Heavenly Deities, his strength had already reached a stage where only the most freakish of Earthly Deities could contend with him. Yao Jun moved his hand back into position after incapacitating what should be Lin Shuyen's uncle, not bothering to look at him any further.

"I'm not trying to harm her, I'm trying to make it easier for her to talk."

More water appeared in the air above Yao Jun's hand when he finished his words, silently hovering there while Yao Jun's eyebrows moved slightly in thought. After a short moment of thought, a few smaller flowers and leaves from various herbs were drawn out from his God Gate and tossed into the orb of water, each flower of leaf coming from herbs known to speed up the natural healing ability of the body.

Yao Jun had killed countless cultivators and beasts over the years, he didn't often use it but that didn't mean that the herb garden he had in his God Gate had stopped growing or received new additions. Coupled with the extremely dense and abundant Qi within his God Gate, his herb garden was more than just thriving, it was only a matter of time until more and more plant-type Demonic beasts awakened within it.

A small azure flame sparked into existence in Yao Jun's palm and immediately brought the ball of water to a boil, the flowers and leaves melting into the water and dyeing it deep green. Yao Jun looked at the ball of water for a second before rolling his eyes in thought, a drop of pink liquid and a drop of crimson liquid appearing within the ball. The two drops merged with the water, Yao Jun giving a slight nod of his head before flipping his hand and using a bit of wind to guide the liquid into the mouth of Lin Shuyen.

When the water entered her mouth and traveled down into her stomach, the wounds on her body started to heal at a visible rate, even Yao Jun raising an eyebrow in slight surprise. He had zero experience with making medicine so just to be sure that nothing went awry, he added a drop of Du Xiao's weakest numbing poison to deal with any pain while also adding a drop of liquid produced by the massive lifeforce that Yama had absorbed over time. But looking at how quickly the wounds were healing, as well as how much energy still remained in the liquid, Yao Jun might have overdone it slightly.

Lin Shuyen's wounds quickly vanished, only leaving behind blood and a few scars that could easily be covered up. Yao Jun flicked one of his fingers, the remaining liquid vanishing from Lin Shuyen's stomach and appearing above his palm again. Over half of the liquid had been absorbed by her to heal her wounds, Yao Jun throwing the remainder into his God Gate so that he could save it for future use. It also served as a good trial for making medicine, it at least allowed him to know that when he did so in the future he had to pay more attention to the ratios.

Lin Shuyen's gaze was already on Yao Jun when her wounds finished healing, she had been conscious the entire time so she knew that it was he who healed her. She also knew that it only took him a wave of his hand to defeat her uncle, who was so impossibly grand in her own mind. She couldn't help but think back to what Zhuyin had told her just at the end, she really wasn't able to get through even his weakest vanguard, she was far from qualified to speak ill of him.

But rather than looking dejected at the realization that she was so much weaker than the person she had taunted, her eyes actually lit up with a bright light. She quickly jumped up from her lying position and twisted herself into a kneeling position while lowering her head.

"Please accept me as your disciple! Even if it is the weakest of your vanguards I would be more than willing to become their disciple so please accept me!"

The sudden change in attitude didn't just catch Yao Jun off-guard, it also caught the spectating clan leader Pan Long off-guard. The man trapped within the reflecting bubble had already given up on resisting and could only let out a sigh when he heard his niece's words. She was arrogant and brash that was true, but she always strove to have the strength to back up that arrogance. Yao Jun was even capable of easily dealing with him despite being at the same cultivation realm as Lin Shuyen, how could she not beg to be his disciple after seeing that? But sadly for her, Yao Jun couldn't be bothered in the slightest with her request.

"Not interested. Tell me, that Divine Beast bloodline of your ancestor, the mutated Skysea Bat, do you have it within your clan or only within your clan members?"

Yao Jun's question was directed at bot Lin Shuyen and her uncle, who Yao Jun freed from the bubble with a wave of his hand. Lin Shuyen was slightly dejected at the quick rejection but the light in her eyes showed that she refused to give up. Her uncle quickly stepped forward and stopped her before she could say something detrimental, he was now astutely aware that this person was not someone they could offend.

"Please ignore my niece, Senior. I am her uncle, Lin Voyun. Senior, we do indeed have some of the Ancestor's blood within the clan, it is one of the greatest treasures that we have maintained and safeguarded over the years. But if you wish to acquire some, I'm sorry to say that I do not have the qualification to negotiate that with you, only the clan leader has."

Yao Jun wasn't terribly surprised by Lin Voyun's statement, that blood would definitely be the greatest treasure of the clan, it belonged to their founder after all. But he had to get his hands on it, he needed it for Little Thunder, and since Lin Voyun said that he didn't have the qualifications to negotiate, it at least meant that they were willing to negotiate about it. Yao Jun's eyes rolled slightly as his thoughts moved, eventually coming to a decision.

"Very well. You can tell your clan leader that I'll come to negotiate it in three months' time. Of course, you must swear an oath that you won't set up a trap or ambush me when I arrive."

An oath, the highest form of a promise that could be made. You swore an oath directly to the universe, which would then crush you should you break the oath. The stronger the universe was, the stronger the might of the oath was. And since this was a major universe, even Godkings would end up disintegrating if they broke their oath, it was the best tool for negotiations and the like. Lin Voyun knew that he really didn't have the option of rejecting, quickly swearing the oath that they would not ambush him when he came for the negotiations.

As for the reason why Yao Jun said that they would do it three months later, he wanted to give himself some time to go through the library of the Pan clan, the main reason he had followed them to begin with. Using his Time-Altering Spire, three months would be more than enough time for him to go through their library and greatly increase his knowledge.

Lin Voyun once again had no choice but to accept, promising that he would notify the clan leader posthaste. Of course, while he knew that he had no choice but to accept, he wasn't actually dejected about it. This was a good chance to form a bond with Yao Jun, an act that would definitely prove useful in the future considering how strong he already was. And if he really had something worth so much that they would agree to the trade, then that would only serve to further increase the strength of the Lin clan.

The specific details were quickly figured out and Lin Voyun handed Yao Jun a map of the territory, allowing him to learn a little more about how this planet was split up. The planet was divided into 21 provinces, each of which was then split into three different territories, which contained several cities that ruled several villages. The villages were ruled by the cities, the cities were under the control of the territory lords, and the territory lords were under the control of the province emperor.

Looking at the map, Yao Jun also understood exactly how gargantuan the planet he was on right now was, it was utterly mindboggling. Just the territory he was in right now, not the province but just one of the three territories within the province, was as large as the largest planet in Yao Jun's own universe. And the map also mentioned that this was just the fourth-largest planet in this major universe, showing Yao Jun that he had vastly underestimated just how large a major universe was.

Yao Jun allowed the information to sink in and then put away the map, excusing himself since he had achieved what he came here to do. He brought Guo Luo and the exceedingly excited Yao Xuelian away from the area, ignoring the muffled voice of Lin Shuyen as he used the spatial array to return to the clan. The three headed directly for the library, which Yao Jun had easily found using his control over the law of space, and practically sealed themselves up in it, devouring book after book as time passed.

12