CH.3.1: Disciple Recruitment Ceremony (1/2)
447 7 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

P.O.V. THIRD PERSON

It has been a week since Li Xuan transmigrated to this Cultivation World. Today was also the day when Hundreds of thousands or even millions of Disciples will be participating in a recruitment exam.

The Roaring Dragon Sect is one of the 5 most powerful Sect in the Central Continent. Well, it's actually the most powerful among the 5. But since there haven't been any major conflicts between sects, most people don't know the Rankings. 

Today is the day when a lot of Sects together do this Disciple recruitment exam. It happens every 50 years. From all 5 continents, all-powerful Sects come together and seek disciples.

The Exam is held at Skynet Island and there's a Teleporting Formation on every continent to reach here. 

Obviously, the Sect Masters are very busy and can't make time every 50 years to come here, so most of them send someone else in their stead.

This time Li Xuan will be going from the Roaring Dragon Sect, with him was an entourage of Elders and to protect him 5 Void Sky Rank Cultivators were following him. 

Void Sky being one Rank above Earth King, was a force to be reckoned with. Even here, where all large Sects gathered. Void Sky was the highest rank on this island today. 

Li Xuan, like all other representatives, was sitting on a high platform. On this platform were 8 seats. 8 seats for 8 most powerful Sects, 5 from Central Continent, 2 from Eastern Continent, and 1 from Northern Continent. 

These were roughly Ranked like this.

  1. Roaring Dragon Sect

  2. Misty Mountains Sect

  3. Jade Sword Sect

  4. Luminous Creation Sect

  5. Hands of Buddhism Sect

  6. Ten Mountain Sect

  7. Martial Guru Sect

  8. Heavenly Abode Sect

Yet, the weakest person sitting on one of the 8 seats was Li Xuan. Everyone else being at least Unity Rank and the highest was from Misty Mountains Sect's First Elder, who was at Void Sky Rank. At least that's what Li Xuan was told by one of his people, one who's also at Void Sky Rank. 

The test would last for about 2 weeks. Obviously, it's not much for people with high Cultivation. Even if Li Xuan was at Nascent Soul, no one disrespected him, but rather people were amazed. Even if he's the son of the Patriarch and probably the next Sext Leader, leaving him this much authority means that the Patriarch trusts him to make the right decisions.

The first test had already been completed, which they took at the entrance. The test is that you're less than 50 years old. They simply Check your bone age for that.

The total number of participants this time was 1.7 million. Among them was Quan Ai of the Quan Clan. 

Once a genius, Quan Ai was now nothing but a normal person. 

Quan Ai was the daughter of the Quan Clan's patriarch, who died 7 years ago. At that time Quan Ai was only 13 years old and already at the 7th stage of Qi Refining rank. But after her father died, all her resources were cut by her stepmother. These were all given to her step-sister Quan Zedong. Quan Ai's mother was already dead, just when she was a few months old. So now, with no support, it took her 7 years to reach the 8th stage of Qi Refining rank. If it was only about resources, she could still be a lot better than an average person, but her stepmother would never let her Cultivate and make her do servant Jobs.

Actually, she wasn't even supposed to be here, but she had snuck out behind her step-sister and reached here. After finding out that, she has a chance to enter some Sect, even a small Sect, she had used a hiding skill left behind by her mother, to hide and go with her step-sister. 

But even here, it was extremely hard. It had been 3 days since she reached here, without any Spirit Stones, she was starving, after all, she had no food, and the only way to get some was by using spirit stones. 

Unlike a mortal, she can indeed go on to live normally even if she doesn't eat for a month, but the problem was, she'll get weak doing that since she has to use Qi to sustain herself.

Her Step-sister had also found out about her but didn't do anything, after all doing anything here would be foolish, there were Core Formation ranked guards patrolling around. 

What can they do as a Qi Refiner? Obviously, she was giving Quan Ai a deep glare but that was it. 

The First real test, after the Age check was, The Mirror Maze. It was a complicated Maze with Mirrors as walls. Your task was to get out of the Maze within an hour without bumping into your reflections.

It was made to filter out those that have forcefully Cultivated, like using pills and such, because if they've forcefully Cultivated, their Spiritual Sense isn't strong enough to get out without bumping into their own reflection, while if you've even a Visp of Spiritual Sense and some good practice, you'd not be fooled by the mirrors. 

Quan Ai was dropped somewhere in the Maze just like everyone else. She looked at her reflection, she was wearing tattered clothes, her hair was not made, and her Jade like face, which was once famous among the citizens of Quan City, looked tired and muddy. She took a deep breath and told herself. "Just a bit more, I'm not aiming for the Top 8, so it's definitely not impossible to get recruited. Any small Sect far away from Quan City will do." She took a deep breath and started following her Spirit Sense.

The Mirror Maze was filled with 1,000 people. The test was being done in a group of a thousand so that people don't bump into each other. 

In the same group of 1,000 people, in which Quan Ai was, there was another person there as well. Long Bai, the Chaotic Cultivator. The reason Long Bai was here was to enter one of the Top 8 Sects or more importantly he wanted to join one of the Top 5 of the central continent. He needed an extremely large number of cultivation resources to cultivate. After all, with his Bringer of Chaos Scripture, he can now absorb anything at all and increase his Cultivation. 

He who was called trash by many just a month ago will now trample the world beneath him. He's the son of Chaos himself, who dares go against him, just a few years and he'll definitely be above the immortals with his speed. 

From a cripple, one month ago. He was now a 3rd stage Foundation Establishment rank Cultivator. He moved through the Mirror Maze using his Void Sense, the overpowered skill which can see through all illusions and most importantly clothes of all the Jade-like beauties he likes.

He was obviously the first one to come out of the Maze. Once out, he focused on his Chaos Ring and went to the Chaos Plain. The ring looked like an ordinary storage ring, but it was an extremely powerful Chaotic Treasure. It could change anything into Chaos Qi which then Long Bai can use to cultivate in the Chaos Plain.

Soon Quan Ai also got out, but both of them did not know that someone had gotten a notification about them as soon as they got out. The place they got out was within Li Xuan's Spiritual Sense range. 

{Scion found: Long Bai

Basic: 

Name: Long Bai

Type: Artefact

Scion Level: A+

Potential Total: 63

Analysis: 

Recommended Action: Loot

2nd Recommendation: Kill

Not Recommended: Disciple

Not Compatible: Love

}

{Checking Authentication → Authority 2(+99) found. Displaying Status.}

{

Basic:


Name: Long Bai 

Age: 22

Gender: Male

Race: Human


Advanced:


Spirit Roots: Chaos

Bloodline: Chaos God [Consternation: 50% | Power: Average | Unawakened]

Constitutions: Chaotic Body [Powe: Weak | Awakened | Effects (Tap to see Effects)]


Cultivation:


Qi Cultivation: Foundation Establishment (3rd Stage)

Body Cultivation: Foundation Establishment (3rd Stage)

Soul Cultivation:


Cultivation Techniques:


Bringer of Chaos Scripture

Rank: Heaven (6)

Power: Average 

Potential: Peak-Immortal Emperor 

Mastery: Beginner (0.3%)

Requirements: Chaotic Qi, High Pain Tolerance, Chaotic Bloodline.


Skills: 


Chaos Steps

Rank: Earth (9)

Power: Very Weak

Requirements: Chaotic Body

Mastery: Beginner (3%)

Effects: Move through Chaos, Increase in Speed. 

Devour Chaos 

Rank: Earth(10)

Power: Very Weak

Requirements:

Foundation Establishment,

Chaos Bloodline 

Effects: All Energy that the user Eats becomes Chaotic Qi.

Tap to View the Rest ↓


Martial & Elemental Arts:


Sword Art Mastery: Beginner (22%)

Chaos Mastery: Beginner (5%)


Fate:


Chaos King: 0.819

Harem King: 0.181


Potential:


Will: 4

Talent: 12

Comprehension: 6

Luck: 22

Cheat: 19

Total: 63


}

After getting overwhelmed by reading the information, Li Xuan became extremely agitated. This was a true protagonist, not like the uncooked Yu Huang that he met earlier. He decided to simply observe him for now, attacking him was obviously a Suicidal strategy. Who knows if an Immortal King will pop out of that artefact and save him? He even tried to find which artefact was the one that this guy was using but nothing seemed out of ordinary.

Thus he looked at the second Scion that he detected.

{Scion found: Quan Ai 

Basic: 

Name: Quan Ai 

Type: Genius|Secret Powerful Background 

Scion Level: B

Potential Total: 31

Analysis: 

Recommended Action: Love

2nd Recommendation: Disciple, Kill

Not Recommended: Loot

}

{Checking Authentication → Authority 2(+99) found. Displaying Status.}

{

Basic:


Name: Quan Ai 

Age: 21

Gender: Female 

Race: Human


Advanced:


Spirit Roots: Water (80%) Wind (20%)

Bloodline: 

Constitutions:


Cultivation:


Qi Cultivation: Qi Refining (8th Stage)

Body Cultivation: 

Soul Cultivation:


Cultivation Techniques:


White Lotus Scripture

Rank: Mortal (2)

Power: Extremely Weak

Potential: Peak-Core Formation 

Mastery: Beginner (80%)

Requirements: null


Skills: 


Mist Fade

Rank: Mortal (9)

Power: Extremely Weak

Requirements: Water Control (Intermediate)

Mastery: Beginner (41%)

Effects: Become like Mist, invisible unless focused. 

Tap to View the Rest ↓


Martial & Elemental Arts:


Water Control Mastery: Intermediate (4%)

Wind Control Mastery: Beginner (68%)


Fate:


Moon's Child: 0.713

Heart Shattering Beauty: 0.192

Queen of Pirates: 0.095


Potential:


Will: 6

Talent: 10

Comprehension: 16

Luck: 9

Cheat: 0

Total: 31


}

At least he has a Disciple candidate now, no way is he going after a girl with the fate of the Heart Shattering Beauty. She'll definitely be a Disciple, he thought and started watching the tests again.

Most of the people were able to pass the Mirror Maze and now the number was down to 1.4 million. 

The next task is to reduce it to 100,000. They gave an artefact to every participant. It'll take them to an illusion, where they'll be hunting Spirit Beasts. Everyone's illusion is different, everyone will be transported to different environments as well as the level of Spirit Beasts also depends on the participant's own Cultivation. According to Li Xuan, it was just an Immersive Virtual Reality game.  

Just like Quan Ai and Long Bai, many people entered the illusion. One such person was Song Cui, an Ice Cold beauty of the famous Song clan. She was one of the people that many had their eyes on. Song Clan of the Northern Continent is considered one of the most powerful Clans there, other than the Lao Empire of the Northern Continent, no one would be powerful enough to cross paths with the Song Clan in the Northern Continent. 

Thus the Heavenly Abode Sect of the Northern Continent was very desperate to get their hands on her. It'll be the best way to form a friendship with Song Clan and become the most powerful in the Northern Continent. 

There were three large forces in the Northern Continent, The Lao Empire, which covered most of the Continent and had many Kingdoms under it. Song Clan was a powerful ancient Clan that had its root in the Northern Continent before the empire even existed and the third most powerful force is the Heavenly Abode Sect. 

Song Cui being the Daughter of the current Matriarch of the Song Clan, the only daughter. Was an extremely useful political tool for many forces. But of course, other than the Heavenly Abode Sect, the other top 7 Sects didn't have their eyes on her as a political tool but rather a genius disciple. As she had the bone age of only 24 and was already in the 1st Stage of Core Formation Rank. 

Song Cui on the other hand didn't have anything about these in her mind. Her thoughts are currently resolved around a certain boy. Obviously, it was not unusual for a girl her age to be immersed in thoughts about boys but her thinking was a little different.

You see, Song Cui's father was an immortal from Heaven Realm. Heaven Realm is a plain of existence that only powerful people can go to. At least that's what she knew, she didn't know much though. Her father had given her a gift before going back to the Heaven Realm, a chest. He had told her mother that he found this chest in the tomb of a very powerful immortal. Immortal Shishira, it was her Dao name, he told her about how great this immortal used to be, and thus, in his admiration, he could not open up the chest. He gave the chest as a gift to his daughter.

Song Cui, after reaching Foundation Establishment, had opened Pandora's Box. It turned out that the box was filled with Heaven Grade Spirit Stones. Well almost all of them had lost the Qi but still, it was a treasure. With the treasure was also a necklace. 

After wearing it she found out that the Soul of Immortal Shishira resided within it and for millions of years it was able to stay alive due to the Qi in those Heaven Grade Spirit Stones.

She became her master and taught her after. In return, she asked Song Cui to cultivate till she reaches Nature's Visp Rank. After which, she'll be able to help Immortal Shishira recreate her body and be completely alive again. It was also the reason for her reaching the Core Formation Rank at just the age of 24. 

Back to what was bothering her. It was the guy called Yang Zan, Yang Clan had once done a huge favour to the Song Clan and thus Song Cui's now dead Grandmother and matriarch of the Song Clan at that time had engaged Song Cui to Yang Zan. Song Cui always hated it but it was her ancestors who planned so she couldn't do anything, that was until a year ago. 

Yang Clan was in the Central Continent thus it wasn't surprising when they offended someone and were almost wiped out. However, that was many years ago, Yang Zan was still alive so engagement still was valid, but a year ago they found out that Yang Clan wasn't done yet, Yang Zan had gone up and offended an even more powerful Young Master. Who crippled him and threw him off the cliff.

Yang Zan survived but Song Cui's mother was furious. How can she have such a stupid son-in-law, who doesn't understand his background and goes around offending everyone and thus ordering Song Cui to go annual the engagement? 

She had gone ahead and done it, she had done it in public so he couldn't deny it later, but this guy had gotten offended and announced that he will challenge me in three years or something. "How could he, cripple, challenge me?" Thinking that Song Cui had accepted the challenge. 

Today, she had seen him here, but the most important thing was that the Cripple was no longer a cripple but rather a 4th Stage Core Formation Rank Cultivator. Not only that, he had somehow learned powerful methods to hide his Cultivation. If Song Cui's master wasn't here, she would not have found out about his true Rank but like everyone else believed that he was just a Peak Foundation Establishment ranked Cultivator. 

According to her master, the Skill was so powerful that even someone at Solar Creator rank would have to lock him in a Spiritual Sense Lock to find out his true Cultivation Rank. 

How had he gotten so far? That was what worried her. But of course, it didn't stop her from Hunting Spirit Beasts left and right. Her sword, glowing in an icy blue glow, slashed enemies with elegance and grace. As for the horde of beasts from all directions, a cold blue aura will be released, freezing everything around her. The audience was watching her with interest and some with awe.

"Master, was that showy enough?" She asked in her mind.

"Should be, I've never done it before just like you. But as long as you try to give it your all, they should be able to notice you." Her Master replied. 

She called her master, but Immortal Shishira was more like a Senior Sister to her, talking to her made Song Cui relaxed. Song Cui didn't have a personality that was easy to approach so she didn't have many friends, but she didn't feel lonely anymore with her Master. 

"I just wish that he chooses me as his Disciple." She replied.

"I don't understand your obsession with that guy, yes he's a Genius to reach the 3rd stage of Nascent Soul at just the age of 22, but he's younger than you. Why do you hope to become his Disciple?" According to Immortal Shishira, many geniuses in Heaven Realm have achieved similar if not even better feats. But according to Song Cui, he was the best Master she could hope for. She already had Immortal Shishira, if she needed any guidance, what she needed most right now was support from a powerful background as well as a master who was not only a genius but also confident. 

But of course, these were just excuses for her master, deep down. Song Cui wanted to become Li Xuan's Disciple because he was the one who freed her from Yang Zan, by crippling him. Thus she wanted to thank him by being his Disciple. 

"Well, I did tell you to enter the Roaring Dragon Sect, but that was because I think that there might be something more to the Li family that our eyes can see." Her master said.

Just like that the competition ended. It was a 1-day competition. After hunting for a whole day, she wasn't tired at all. After all, it was just an illusion. She looked at the Ranking Board. She was at 6th rank, but her eyes went wide when she saw who was at first. Yang Zan, her ex-fiance. 

The illusion is decided by your own level, so even if he's at a high Rank in Cultivation. It wouldn't make it easier, it's actually harder. Is he truly a genius?

"No," her Master's voice answered her questions. "The illusion is run by many Void Ranks and Thousands of Earth King ranks. But none could identify his true Cultivation, thus his test was extremely easy. He won by cheating."

That asshole… she thought. Cheating in such a wide-scaled competition. She obviously thought of telling the authorities, but her Master stopped her. Who would believe her? After all, it'll need at least someone at Solar Creator rank to find out his true Cultivation. 

There was another person who was extremely angry at Yang Zan, Long Bai. Long Bai was ranked second, he was so frustrated that he wanted to kill this Yang Zan, but he controlled himself, and the Son of Chaos will never lose. He'll show this Yang Zan, who's the King. 

What about Quan Ai? She had barely passed the 100,000 quotas, unlike her Step-sister. Quan Ai now had a chance. A chance to change her life. 

Li Xuan, who was away Cultivating (sleeping) had also come back as the results came. He wasn't surprised that the Scion he detected earlier was ranked 2nd. After all, there should be more Scions as well. He had gone to eat and sleep after the first few rounds of Mirror Maze completed because it was boring. He only came back now to see the results of the second round. 

He obviously wanted to check if the First Ranked person was also a Scion and went close to him. 

{Scion found: Yang Zan 

Basic: 

Name: Yang Zan 

Type: System [Blacksmith God System]

Scion Level: A++

Potential Total: 54(+110 Due to Blacksmith God System)

Analysis: 

Recommended Action: Loot and Kill

Not Recommended: Disciple

Not Compatible: Love

}

{Checking Authentication → Authority 2(+99) found. Displaying Status.}

{

Basic:


Name: Yang Zan

Age: 33

Gender: Male

Race: Human


Advanced:


Spirit Roots: Fire (50%) Earth (50%)

Bloodline: 

Constitutions: Earth Flame Body [Power: Very Weak | Awakened | Effects (Tap to see Effects)]


Cultivation:


Qi Cultivation: Core Formation (4th Stage)

Body Cultivation: Foundation Establishment (8th Stage)

Soul Cultivation:

Note: Using a Cultivation Hiding Skill

Displayed Qi Cultivation: Foundation Establishment (10th Stage)

Displayed Body Cultivation: Body Refining (10th Stage)


Cultivation Techniques:


Blacksmith King Scripture 

Rank: Mortal (10+)

Power: Extremely Weak 

Potential: Half-Step Immortal 

Mastery: Master (100%)(Fake!)

Requirements: Blacksmith God System


Skills: 


Hide Cultivation

Rank: Earth (10+)

Power: Very Weak

Requirements: Blacksmith God System 

Mastery: Master (100%) (Fake!)

Effects: Show your Cultivation below or above one Major Rank.

Grandmaster's Hammer 

Rank: Mortal - Heaven Defying (0-10)

Power: System Defined 

Requirements:

Blacksmith God System 

Effects: Build anything as long as you've resources, power, and imagination.

Tap to View the Rest ↓


Martial & Elemental Arts:


Blacksmithing Mastery: Grandmaster (100%) (Fake!)

Fire Mastery: Beginner (80%)

Earth Mastery: Beginner: (75%)


Fate:


Blacksmith God: 1


Potential:


Will: 12

Talent: 6(+15 Due to Blacksmith God System)

Comprehension: 4(+95 Due to Blacksmith God System)

Luck: 12

Cheat: 20

Total: 54(+110 Due to Blacksmith God System.)

Note: Fluctuations in Potential are the results of a Multiverse Level system's interference. 

Note2 (Hide if A<100):

Please click here to get Detailed input on [Blacksmith God System]. 


}

{Blacksmith God System:

A Low-Multiverse Level System made by [#### ###]. 

Functions: ##...##

Absorption: Available.

System ID: X34_BGS_YZ-U:099

Note: You've Insufficient Authority to View the page. Authority Granted by Job is not applicable perfectly. }

"So Finally, I've met my nemesis," Li Xuan thought. His worries are going away. While usually, a System user was the most difficult Scion to deal with. But after finding out he could absorb it. He was now imagining a scene where he absorbs all systems from all the Scions and becomes invincible. 

After he daydreamed, he came back to his senses. Even if he can absorb his system. He still had to be extremely careful. Most importantly, that guy was glaring at him extremely hard, as if he had stolen his girlfriend. 

Li Xuan did not remember that his predecessor had once crippled Yang Zan. But Yang Zan wasn't angry just because of that. Of course, he was here for revenge, so he could join a powerful Sect and get backing to crush this Li Xuan. But currently, he was dumbfounded as well. 

Yang Zan was trash not too long ago, until one day he picked up an old Hammer. Which gave him the Blacksmithing God System. 

Even after getting the System, it took him a lot of time to cultivate. Because the System needed him to complete tasks, the tasks were making things with the hammer. Blacksmithing required Qi, but as a Cripple, he didn't have any. Thus it took him a lot of time to make things manually and complete Quests. But he was finally able to cure himself with the system a year ago.

The System had many Functions, one of which was Appraisal. It was extremely powerful. He had just used it on his ex. The girl who betrayed him and annualised their engagement as soon as he became a cripple. The Results were.

{Name: Song Cui

Clan: Song Clan

Sect: none

Age: 24

Virgin: Yes

Measurements: (36:25:34)

Spiritual Root: Pure Ice 

Cultivation Realm: 1st Stage of Core Formation.

Beauty Score: 94 }

It had always worked perfectly, he could even Appraise Earth Kings with it. But today when he tried to appraise his mortal enemy, Li Xuan. Something Extremely unexpected happened.

{System Failure: The person who you're trying to appraise is… Error.

.

.

.

System interference.. found.

.

.

.

System uninstallation is in process.

.

.

.

System Uninstallation stopped by Interference.

.

.

.

System Failure: Cooldown Function Activated.}

After which he couldn't open the System, it only said.

{5:41:56 remaining till cooldown compilation.}

It was a good thing that it'll be out of the cooldown in about 6 hours, but why did it happen? He wasn't… bright as you would say, but he knew it had something to do with Li Xuan. 

Was Li Xuan so powerful that the System failed? No, he must have some artefact on him that did it. His thoughts started wandering over all the possibilities as he glared at Li Xuan.

The next morning, the Third and final test Started. The 10,000 steps to Heaven. It was an ancient Stairway, also one of the major reasons why recruitment is always held here. These steps existed long before most of the Sects were formed. With each step, the pressure on you increases. 

It's said that even a Solar Creator tried to climb all the way but could not climb past 6,000 steps. It's said that if a Disciple managed to reach above 1,000 steps. Sect Master of Luminous Creation Sect will immediately take that person as his personal disciple. Luminous Creation Sect was one of the Top 5 Sects on the Central Continent, obviously, after hearing about it, everyone was pumped to climb up. 

19