00009. We have a what?!?!
5.6k 36 265
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next nine months flew by in a flash with the only thing of note happening being Peter's first birthday. Emily has also started to be less fussy than before and can almost sleep the whole night without waking up. Another positive thing is I have been allowed to go into aunt May's backyard. But only if her or uncle Ben are there to watch me. The same goes for at home. It has helped me out a lot with chakra control.

When I first started going outside I would mostly just walk around and explore the area. You can explore them when you consider how big they are to someone like me. Peter, and the other kids would join me of course. Most of them would play with the jungle gym equipment or the outside toys May had back there. After a week I started to look around the area for small smooth pebbles. Once I had two I started practicing my chakra control. Once I could do two, I went to three, then I would add a fourth. Then a fifth and a sixth, I did this till I had over thirty of them. I wanted to keep them with me all the time, but I had no idea where I would hide them. Currently I stick them under my shirt while I do other stuff in the backyard. I remove them and set them off to the side when we have to go back inside.

I also get to practice some earth jutsus when I am in my parents' backyard. It's pretty hard to do, since it's normally me and my parents with Emily. I have to wait till they are paying attention to her and I am next to the only tree in the yard. I normally sit next to it with a book and pretend to read while I concentrate on my chakra sense and do mini earth movement jutsus behind me and the tree. It's mostly making small holes and filling them back up. Even though they are small holes, it's great for chakra control and using up my chakra. Since I am using my chakra sense the whole time and the holes are about two feet away, it uses my chakra fast. The control comes from using that while making small holes without making a sound. It takes time but I can do it four times before I am almost out of chakra.

The other day I finally made a shadow clone, I didn't use any of my chakra for a full day and in the middle of the night I made a single clone. It took a good bit of my chakra and then split the rest. I now know for certain that Naruto was ridiculous. The amount of chakra it would take to do his multi clone jutsu in the first episode is just stupid. I am sure if I continue to practice and increase my chakra every day, I just might have the same amount of chakra as Naruto at that age. That is also me practicing every day since I was born and Naruto kinda being a slacker when he was a young kid. Being a main character sure is broken.

Oh, another thing that has happened is I now have some art supplies. I can only use them at home and while in the presence of one of my parents. But I have started to mess around with fuinjutsu and I use that term very loosely. I am mostly practicing my writing and drawing. The main thing I do is write letters of the alphabet. My parents are ecstatic about it and have even been bragging to everyone that I am already writing. Some interesting information I found out about fuinjutsu is that the symbols don't have to be the same as they used in the manga/anime. I can use anything I want as long as I can understand it and imbue my chakra into the ink as I write it. Of course I have not tried to do this yet.

The main reason I figured this out is because I have all the fuinjutsu knowledge of the Uzumaki's. Going through and comparing different people's experiences with fuinjutsu I realized it works the same for all of them. Even if they use different words or spelling or even a different language. The main thing is that the fuinjutsu maker understands the words/intent and how they interact with each other to make the finished product. One person could make an explosive tag with the words, gather, chakra, compress, time, excite. While someone else would use the words, converge, fire, compact, delay, discharge. It might seem weird but they would both cause the same explosion when they go off. There would be slight differences between the tags themselves, like the first one would gather and compress the chakra better. But the second one would have a more stable delay before it went off. The first one would be off by a second or so.

Now again, I haven’t been able to test any of this yet, this is just going off of the knowledge I have. But it should be pretty concrete and I should have no issue when I finally start to make stuff. I have also decided to use one of my programming languages for it. Mostly so anyone who looks at it too closely will have no idea what it means. I think at some point when I am older I will make storage tattoos. I was thinking about making rings or bracelets, but you could lose those. Someone would have to cut off my arm to make me lose the tattoo’s. Besides I am pretty sure I could use an invisible ink to make them, so no one would ever know they are there.

—------------------------------------------------------

I was in the kitchen, my father was singing as he cooked dinner and Emily was sitting next to me watching as I drew. She had the habit of watching me and what I was doing whenever we were next to each other. As my father was finishing up dinner, the front door opened and my mother said, “Jacob honey, I have some stuff in the car I need help to bring in.”

My father removed the skillet he was using from the stove and said, “Just a moment Dani, almost finished with dinner. How about we eat and then unload the car?”

We could hear the front door close and my mother walked into the kitchen a moment later as she said, “That's fine, I still have no idea where we are going to put it.”

I stopped drawing and looked at my mother as I said, “Hi mom, how was your day?”

She smiled as she came close to me and Emily. After she placed one of her hands on each of our cheeks she said, “It was good, but it’s even better now that I can see both of you again.”

“What about your lovely husband who cooks you dinner every night?”

“You are alright, as long as you keep cooking for me.”

My father gave out a sigh as he finished plating dinner and said, “I feel so used. Never get married, Theo.”

“Yes father.”

As he was placing everything on the table, my mother walked up to him and gave me a hug and a kiss as she said, “Don’t give Theo any bad ideas. You know you love being married. Plus I want grandkids one day.”

“I want grandkids also.”

My mother and father sat down at the table and as my father was feeding Emily, he asked. “So what's in the car that you need help bringing in?”

“All of the partners at the firm were given brand new computers today from Stark Industries. As a thank you for our help over the years. I am not sure where to put it, or even if I will really use it. I use the one at work enough, I don’t really need one at home.”

A computer? We will have a computer in the house? I will finally get to check out a computer in the marvel universe. I wonder what OS it is running and how it compares to what I made? I wonder how powerful it is? I know Stark made a lot of stuff that was more advanced than what we should have had at the same time.

I looked at my mom and tried to keep myself from giving anything away as I said, “What is a computer?”

Before she could say anything, my father spoke up and said. “A computer is this box shaped thing that lets you do stuff like writing. You can also play games on it.”

My mother scoffed at that and said, “It is a lot more than just a box that you can write with and play games on. I use one at work every day to make drafts to contracts, email co-workers to talk about ongoing projects. Email clients so they can double check documents without having to come into the office. That is just a small amount of things they can do Theo.”

“E-mail? What is that?”

“Email is like a letter you send to someone else with a computer.”

I looked over at my dad and asked, “What kinda games can you play with a computer? Are they like the games I play at Aunt May’s house?”

My mother shot my father a look as he smiled at me and said. “Computer games are played on a computer first of all. Computer games are normally played by yourself. They are also a lot different than what you and Peter normally play at May’s house.”

My father winced a little at the end, I think my mother kicked him under the table. My mother looked at me and said, “What your father said is true, but you won’t be playing any computer games on this computer. It’s mine and I might need to use it for work sometimes, so I don’t wanna add a bunch of things to it.”

I gave my best puppy dog eyes I could and said, “Not even one game? You always say to share my things with Peter. Can’t you share with Emily, dad and me?”

My mother looked at me a little shocked as she didn’t expect my attack. My father, on the other hand, had the biggest grin on his face. But he didn't say anything. My mom took a moment but then said, "You are right Theo, I should share with you and Emily. But your father is only allowed to use the computer with you or Emily."

My father frowned a little bit but said nothing as my mother shot him a smug look. The conversation continued for a while longer as we finished dinner. After dinner, my mother went to change as my father cleaned up and washed the dishes. When my father was finished he and my mother brought in some boxes from her car. The boxes all had a Stark logo on it with some artwork of the computer on it. I didn’t help them set it up, I just watched and played with Emily. It took a little bit, but my mom finally settled on putting the computer on the desk she used sometimes to go over paperwork. It took up more than half of the desk, but she still had room to do paperwork if she moved the keyboard and mouse.

Once the hardware was set up, she went through the setup process and made her user account. I didn’t pay too much attention to it, but I did notice when I heard something I never thought I would hear in person. The dial out tone for connecting to the internet through a phone line.

I looked over at my parents and said, “What is that weird sound? Are you playing a game?”

My father looked back at me and said, “No, your mother wanted to check her work email, so we had to connect the computer online to do it. This sound is the computer connecting.”

“Oh okay, let me know when you play a game, I wanna see it.”

My mother looked over and said, “We would have to buy a game first, give me and your father some time and we will find a game you and him can play together.”

“Okay, I can wait.”

265