CH 124: WEIRD END
3k 8 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This should be enough I suppose.”

Kuroha murmured as he looked at the race from one of the large screens. He had intentionally let enough lead so that each student managed to show some of their skills. But now that they were reaching the last hurdle. It seemed like it was time for him to act.

“Oh well. Let's get it over with. It’s time for little Shoto to get some reality check. Can’t have him continue wasting his talent.”

On those words, he simply vanished.

----

A little earlier, Todoroki, after easily passing the second stage, was about to reach the third. From where he was, he could easily hear the comment of Present mic.

[The lead pack is a step ahead, but below them, everyone’s clumped together!!]

He didn’t need to be told that, he could nearly feel them breathing behind him. That was how much pressure he was under currently. 

‘I never thought that it would be that hard.’

Initially, he was convinced that he would win with a large margin. Now he could only lament at how much he underestimated his classmates. Still, this didn’t matter. This was only an upset.

He began to slow down and finally stopped once he came face to a large field

‘A minefield?’

Present Mic gave him the answer,

[The 3rd and final barrier is A MINEFIELD!!!!]

‘As I thought’

[It’s set up so that you can tell where the mines are if you look carefully! By the way, those landmines aren’t that powerful. BUT THEY ARE LOUD AND FLASHY ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU WET YOUR PANTS!!!!!]

‘I see, this is an obstacle trying to make those in at disadvantage’

It was then that he heard two screams, shouting the same things,

“THIS DOESN’T AFFECT ME!”

[HEY HEY HEY, The rest of the pack is also speeding up!!]

The situation was clear. Because of the mine, the previously large gulf was closed. More and more people joined, what more, The five in the lead were constantly trying to hinder each other. Still, this didn’t stop them from clearing the minefield and giving their all for the last leg of the races.

The stadium was basically boiling. People were wondering who would win. 

[Right now, the first person back in the stadium is...Huh?]

The passionate speech of Present mic was cut short.

*Step* *Step* *Step*

Everyone was waiting for one of the five to enter the stadium while running and giving their all. But, the one who appeared in front of them was none other than the representative they all forgot leisurely walking as if this whole race had nothing to do with him. As with an incredulous look, one question was present in all their mind. 

How did he do it? and where were the initial top 5? 

(AN: I wonder myself what happened.)

-----

30 minutes and another game later, a pause was sounded and people, as well as students, began to slowly stream out of the stadium. As they walked, only one name was in their mind. 

Kuroha.

His display was simply outside of what they would have expected from a first-year student. His calm, his confidence and his poise were certainly praiseworthy. But as always, what really caught their eyes was the ungodly difference in skill between them.

From the footage, they understood that he seemingly teleported next to each of the top five before incapacitating them with a thread of blood, then simply walked away without the slightest care.

Afterward, during the cavalry battle, he teamed up with Momo Yaoyorozu as well as Minegata Minoru and dominated the event without the slightest problem. No matter how many people came after the ten million points he was worth. They only ended up losing their own.

At the end of those two games, one conclusion was already reached. If nothing weird happened during the final game, the winner would be without a doubt Kuroha.

It was then that they remembered his speech.

"I will be honest with you. This whole festival will be a waste of time. None of you will be able to get first place. Why you may ask?... Because I am here."

What seemed like arrogance and bravado, was now seen as absolute confidence in himself.


Hello guys. How are you? Been a while hasn't it? So firstly sorry for the short chapter. Frankly after all this time without writing I must say that I become rather rusted and lost my old typing speed. I also lost some of the ideas I had planned for the festival. Still I hope that you liked this chapter.

Also don't forget to read endless myth on Ringdom. I have posted CH 6 yesterday

79