CH 55: IS IT WAR? IS IT THE END OF THE WORLD? NO! IT’S A HAREM(1)
5.3k 17 126
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few minutes later Kuroha was seated in the middle of what could only be named as the hell of frost.

The moments he saw those girls, the scream he let inwardly was so perfect that if Edvard Munch was still alive, he would have been ashamed of the depiction of THE SCREAM he drew and would beg Kuroha to become his muse.

Kuroha feels trapped. On his left and right were seated Momo and Himiko respectively, while in front of him were seated Melissa and Nejire.

How he wished he was a dense protagonist able to laugh in such a situation without understanding how dangerous his situation was.

He could put Melissa aside. This wasn't a hentai. A girl wouldn't fall in love with him just because she saw him naked. From her eyes, he could see some form of resentment but he was sure that it was more because he went away without at least saying goodbye. If you take care of someone and that person vanished without a word of thank, you wouldn't feel good either.

But what about Nejire? This was a tad more complicated. The relationship between the two was only two months old but he couldn't deny that they became friends and close rather fast. He only saw her as a friend of course but he was sure that some budding feelings for him began to grow in her heart. Most likely it was just a crush, nothing serious, but no one would like to see his/her crush surrounded by girls/boys.

Himiko? This one gave him shudder. He understood her too well. She might seem to have become tamer but that was an illusion. It was simply because her obsession with blood, in general, shifted to an obsession with HIS blood. If someone were to threaten this situation, he was sure that she wouldn't hesitate to murder that person. He remembers how many times he had to stop her from trying to kill Momo when they're younger.

Momo? That was the biggest problem. He didn't even dare to take a look at her current expression. He already wounded her heart and now when they were on the verge of reconciling, he sends her to a zone where other girls he knew were present? He wouldn't be surprised if she simply stopped talking to him.

He sighed as he looked silently at the menu. He didn't know what to say and staying silent wasn't an option.

"Oh, this ice cream really looks good. Kuroha doesn't it remind you of the one we bought during our last date?"

Kuroha froze a little before looking toward the smiling Nejire. He had to stop his urge from cursing. He should have known that Nejire was the most dangerous. She had no brake in her mouth.

"Ah Ah yeah."

He could only let out a strained laugh. Seeing the fluctuating expression on Himiko and Momo's face, he knew his situation went from bad to worse.

From the corner of his eyes, he could even see Momo's elegant smile twitching like crazy. It looked like she would snap at any moment.

(Ah, let it end fast.)

It was then he remembered another lesson Nighteye imparted to him.

---FLASHBACK

This time, a young kuroha could be seen standing as Nighteye spoke to him on a beach, with the setting sun on his back.

"Kuroha, do you know the most important ability to have and use when you aren't protecting anyone and are fighting unsurmountable odd?"

Kuroha tilted his head before saying,

"Analyse the situation?"

Nighteye nodded before shaking his head as he kneeled and put his hand on Kuroha shoulder.

"Never forget this Kuroha. As long as only your life is in danger and that you're facing insurmountable odds, you must...Flee with all your might. Flee so fast your enemy won't even be able to see."

"But...Isn't fleeing something shameful?"

"Shameful? You can only feel shame while you're alive!! You, Kuroha were born with a supreme ability in flight. Never be shy to use it when the situation calls for it. Promise me this."

Kuroha looked at the serious before nodding and said,

"I promise."

---END

(Father, seems like I must put your teaching into practice.)

Just as Kuroha was about to use his quirk, two hands suddenly touched him from the right and the left.

"Kuroha, what were you trying to do?"

"Yes, tell us Kuroha. Don't tell me you tried to use your quirk?"

Kuroha was stumped as he looked at the smiling face of Himiko and Momo before he let out a smile so bright and full of honesty that even All Might would have been proud of him.

"What are you talking about?"

But inwardly, he said,

(Father, sorry, I wasn't able to put your teachings into practice. The enemy is simply too strong.)

Kuroha didn't know it but when he was on the verge of using [BLINK] he had a little bad habit of closing his eyes and furrowing his brow for a fraction of second.

Frankly, calling this a weakness would be far fetched. No one could really see this minuscule action. In fact, only three people knew this. Momo, Himiko, and Milienia. Even Kuroha himself didn't know it.

Kuroha finally let out a sigh. Since he couldn't flee, he would do this like a man and face the situation head-on. Acting wishy-washy in this situation had no use apart from making it even more confusing.

He called and gave his order before finally addressing the girls. 

"Since most of you don't know each other, let me do the presentation. Himiko, Momo, These girls here are Hado Nejire and Shield Melissa. Nejire is our sempai in UA and from Melissa's looks, she should also be our senpai."

Nejire smiled as she waved her hand while Melissa dipped her head as a sign.

"Melissa and Nejire. Those two close to me are Yaoyorozu momo and Toga Himiko, they are childhood friends of mine."

"Hello!", answered Toga while Momo didn't show any sign of answering.

Kuroha looked worriedly at Momo,

"Momo?"

He tried to touch her, but Momo retired her hands before getting up abruptly. 

"I need to go to the toilet."

As a refined girl, she would have never used such a crass expression but right now she wasn't in the mood to care. She didn't wait for their answer before going away.

Kuroha tried to stop her but Toga put a hand on him before shaking her head in denial. Afterward, she also got up.

"Let me do it."

Kuroha sighed before nodding.

"Thank you, I owe you one."

Himiko simply laughed before saying with a wink and a blush on her face,

"Don't worry, I will make you pay me back sooner or later."

Kuroha's face cramped a little. Why did it feel like his chastity was in danger? 

(AN: Initially I planned to finish this one go by writing a long chapter, then I remembered that today was valentine day. As such I decided to let it end on a bad note and cliff end.

What will happen next? Even I the author don't know. It depends on how my date will go tonight. Why would Kuroha be happy if I'm not? ?? ) 

126