CH 56: IS IT WAR? IS IT THE END OF THE WORLD? NO! IT’S A HAREM(2)
4.8k 5 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"lalalala"

Himiko hummed as she walked towards the toilets where Momo went to hide. Truthfully speaking, she was unable to feel sorry for her. They might have known each other since young, but, in her eyes, Momo was nothing more than a failsafe for her and Kuroha.

Kuroha may say that it didn't matter and that Momo wasn't as useful as she thought but she didn't think so. Kuroha was someone uninterested in most things. Even the revenge that he wanted to have wasn't really a goal but more a feeling of obligation.

At the very least, she never saw his expression contort in hatred. Even when he spoke about killing, even though he took this as a duty, she never saw him express any particularly strong emotions about it. That was why she never tried to confess. She knew that while her chances were higher, it was too soon to gamble.

Anyways, since Kuroha never had a particularly strong desire, he couldn't understand the appeal of Momo outside of combat applications.

There's only one truth. Momo's quirk was powerful enough to destroy a country, be it economically or physically.

Her quirk allowed her to create anything inorganic as long as it wasn't too large, that she understood the composition of what she wanted to create, and that she had enough fat for it.

 It means that, as long as she had enough food, she could create an unlimited amount of water, gold, diamond, and other resources. She could create an unlimited amount of weapons and rare material. She could also potentially create imaginary material as long as their existence was theoretically possible. In short, she was a tactical and strategic resource and weapon all in one.

Any country would be ready to declare war just to get a hold on her and her progeny. For such a girl, how could she still be allowed to roam free and do a job as dangerous as being a hero? Despite that, she wasn't being kidnapped and locked in some sort of room nor was she put in some breeding program.

It could only mean one thing. The Yaoyorozu either made a pact with the government or was strong enough that even the government and the other countries didn't dare to attack her.

 If she is on their side, it doesn't matter how many criminals they killed, they would most likely get Scott free and perhaps even be praised for it.

Himiko grinned as she stopped in front of the door. This wasn't enough. Everything was nothing more than a speculation. For all she knew, the Japanese government was an upright one who protected his citizens from all dangers. It was close to impossible, but the possibility existed.

As such what could she do in order to protect Kuroha? She could only reunite a large number of people with large influence. The larger the influence, the stronger their protection would be.

(Melissa Shield, was it?)

She knew of David Shield. A world-renowned scientist. His influence was without a doubt, and he even presided over I-Island, a zone outside of normal international law. If she also falls in love with Kuroha, wouldn't it be good?

As for jealousy? As long as she stayed number one in his heart, it didn't matter. She would do everything to protect Kuroha. She wouldn't even hesitate to create a harem for him.

Finally, she calmed her expression and slowly knocked on the door.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

It didn't matter how many hearts were broken nor how many people were used then discarded or destroyed. It didn't matter how much pain she brought or how evil her manipulation was. Only Kuroha mattered. For him, no sacrifice was big enough.

"Momo, open the door. I have an idea."

On her face, a concerned expression full of sympathy appeared. Any onlooker would only feel that she was a girl worried about her friend.

(All my life, I have worn a mask in order to hide who I'm. My quirk allows me to become anyone I want. Sometimes, I forget even my own identity. But, It doesn't matter. No matter how many masks I wear, even if I completely forget my own identity, even if I have to destroy my own self, I will always, always, always do my all to protect him.)

---

Kuroha, unable to know about Himiko's resolve, began to chat with Nejire and Melissa.

"Ne ne Kuroha, how did you meet Melissa? How long did you know each other? Are you friends? Family? ..."

"Please, stop."

Kuroha had to put his hand in order to stop this barrage of questions. He would never understand how someone could ask so many questions in such a short time.

"Her father is a friend of my uncle."

Obviously he couldn't say that he met her in the center of a large explosion and she took care of him while he was unconscious. He also didn't give the name of his uncle. It was nothing to hide, but he didn't really care about it. For him, the super hero All Might was nothing more than a gentle uncle who doted on him and saved him from hell.

After answering Nejire, he decided to ask Melissa,

"I thought you studied on I-Island, why are you wearing UA uniform?"

He, of course, asked about Melissa and David after coming back, so he knew at least some basic information about her. Melissa nodded before answering

"Originally I should have stayed on I-Island, but because of some professional reason, father has to stay in Japan for at least a year. That's why I was transferred to 3-F. The department of support."

(AN: For those who don't know, UA has four departments and the classes go from A to K. Hero Dep= A+B. General Education Dep= C+D+E. Support Dep= F+G+H and Management Dep= I+J+K)

Kuroha nodded. He knew that Melissa was quirkless. He also knew that like her father, she was a genius inventor. UA should have been more than happy to receive a student like her.

"Anyways, sorry for last time, I should have stayed and at least said goodbye before going? No Nejire, I won't tell you what I'm talking about."

Nejire mouth who was already opened, closed before she began to pout. She used her spoon to repeatedly stab her ice cream while she sulked.

" Meany Kuroha!! ...."

Kuroha sighed a little. Nejire was really a handful to take care of. Once again, he was reminded of the power of being a girl. He didn't care much about the feelings of the fairer sex but he had to admit that girls always got more leniency than boys.

"*Psst* Ahahahah! You guys are so funny."

Melissa laughed a little while wiping a tear from the corner of her eyes. Initially, she didn't really like this situation. Even though she was far more mature than her peers, no one would be happy if they're told that they should leave their familiar environment and go to another one.

Thankfully, she first met Nejire in the hallway this morning and became friends with the particularly bubbly friend.

Then, she looked at Kuroha with curiosity. Frankly, she still wasn't able to reconcile the charred corpse with the handsome boy in front of her. Quirks were really incredible weren't they. She unconsciously touched the red bracelet on her wrist before taking her back.

Kuroha, who was extremely observant, remarked on her movement. But he didn't pay attention to it. After all, what kind of secret such a simple bracelet could hide? It wasn't like it could be some kind of super armor. Perhaps it was just a simple reflex from her.

The discussion between the three began anew. Nejire, seemingly forgetting that she was supposed to be mad, began to laugh as she asked.

"How was your first day? Which class are you in? Who is your prof? Is he gentle? Evil? What.."

"Nejire, one question please.*Sigh* My first day wasn't bad but not particularly interesting either. I'm in class A. My prof is Aizawa Shota. I wouldn't say that he is gentle, but he is reliable."

Nejire nodded as she continued to eat her ice cream.

"Wait for a little."

 Kuroha looked at her, before rising a little and wiping the ice cream on the side of her mouth with his finger before putting it in his mouth.

"This is not bad. This shop is pretty good at making ice cream."

Nejire seemingly acted unconcerned of his intimate act and simply smiled like a happy child. Only a light blush could be seen on her face as she answered

"Isn't it? I came here since my first year. I wonder if the owner has a quirk related to sweets. Is it possible?"

Melissa, on the other hand, wasn't lightly blushing but was legitimately scarlet.

(What is the relationship between those two?)

She was really curious. They didn't seem like lovers but were too close to be friends. Looking at them from the side, Kuroha looked like a kind father that was indulging his mischievous young daughter.

(I hope I'm not playing the third weel.)

When she thought of that, she suddenly remembered that Kuroha came with a girl and that another one was waiting for him.

(Is he a casanova?)

Melissa feels her impression of him drop a little, but she wasn't the kind to judge someone without enough proof. What more, even if he was a casanova, this had nothing to do with her. They weren't close enough for her to give her opinions on how he dealt with his own relationship problem.

"We came back!!"

Melissa turned to face the two girls. The one called Momo and Himiko. The two of them naturally took their place on Kuroha right and left before talking as if nothing happened. This Momo girl seemed to be cheered up a little. What could have happened?

110