Chapter 2: Character Creation
228 7 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'-BITCH!' I yell out as a feel a tugging sensation on my body. 'What the hell is this?' I stop feeling the sensation and turn my attention to my surroundings. 'I'm supposed to be in Bern… This is definitely not it.' A completely dark room; my body feels like its stuck under water. I can't move and I'm. getting. tired.
'I suppose a nap would be fine right now.' Closing my eyes, I begin to take a nap.

--------------------------
"Ah. We forgot to wipe his memory of this place. We will have to fix that the next time he arrives." The figure says looking up from the portal that opened. "Well it should be interesting, nonetheless. Don't disappoint us again lad." The figure returns to his chair and as a new human enters the room. The young lady is asleep in her chair and the pale figure shakes his head clearing its mind. Time to start another's journey. "Are you awake, young one?"

----------------------------
I open my eyes but instead of a pitch-black room greeting me it's a game window screen.

[Welcome to the modified Gamer system! You'll be asked a few questions to choose your class, race, and other information that will be required.]

Okay. Great good to know it's working. Let's see… hopefully the system doesn't decide to randomly decide to gain a personality. I'd rather not have a sarcastic system or one that calls me onii-chan. That's just weird.

[Now for the first question please enter your name.]

Alright that's simple I'll just use my name…

Wait I can't remember it. Why can't I remember my name? "System can you tell me my name?"

[System requires the host to input their own name.]

"Well shit. Let's just go with something simple that would fit Fire Emblem. Let's go with Percival." I nod impressed with my ability to come up with names.

[Please answer the following questions:
For your past are you a: merchant's child, clergy's child, orphan, farmer's child or a noble's child?]

"What is the significance of these options?" I say looking at the options before me. It looks familiar to the avatar creation in the Marth Fire Emblem game.

[System is not allowed to say. Please answer to the best of your ability.]

"Well I'll choose orphan." If I remember correctly the stat growths and stat bonuses are affected by these questions and orphan was one of the better choices.

[Would you consider yourself: Beautiful, Wise, Diverse, Kind, or Strong?]

"I would consider myself diverse." I did do a lot of different jobs when I was alive. I was a cashier for a bit, I owned my own business, I went to college. That's probably the best thing to use to describe myself.

[For the final question what would you like to be in the future: Humanitarian, Honorable, Truth-seeker, Rich, or a Recluse?]

"I always chose honorable whenever I created my avatar, so I'll go with that again." I say reminiscing the memories I had with that character.

[Thank you for your input in these questions. Now let us move on to the race you can become. Only the races in Fire Emblem are available to you. Please choose wisely as this choice cannot be changed later.]

"Could you show me a list of the different races I can be?"

[Certainly, the options are:
Beorc
Laguz
Manakete
Kitsune
Branded
Taguel
Morph
Monster
Wolfskin.]

"Can I choose what type of manakete, laguz or branded I can become or are those decided for me?"

[As the manakete are the strongest race, their race choice for you will be randomly selected. The branded will also be picked randomly from the list of Laguz available. The laguz can be chosen freely.]

Hmm… picking manakete would make me rely on dragonstones and would also have Nergal on my back. So that option is out. A laguz is out simply because I'm not a furry. So that leaves branded. Hopefully I get something powerful like Soren's genius or the Black Knight's speed and strength. If it's useless like magic resistance or Micaiah's sacrifice ability. I wouldn't know what to do other than sigh in exasperation. It would just paint a larger target on my back. But there is one major problem with being branded.

"Can I choose where the brand is?"

[The brand is assigned at birth. You cannot choose where it will be located.]

"Fuck." Hopefully it's in a hidden spot, instead of somewhere obvious like my forehead. "…I just jinxed myself, didn't I?"

[The System does not believe in jinxes. Please remember that everything that happens is purely coincidence.]

"Uh huh." It's going to be on my forehead. Damn it. No use complaining, it'll still be useful for avoiding Nergal if it ends up there. "I choose to be branded. What's next? I have to choose my class, right?"

[Host is correct. Please choose the class system you'd like to apply.]

"Do you mean I get to choose which regions classes I can use? Does that mean I can't re-class if I don't pick the post Awakening systems?"

[Host is not locked out of the other systems. This is merely to choose which class you will originally start with. It will decide your proficiency in weapons mainly. You may select any region and you will not be locked out of re-classing.]

"It wouldn't be much of a system if I couldn't re-class whenever I felt like." I grumble to myself. "That should be fine. I want to choose the Tellius region. They had the best system by far." I say with excitement in my voice.

[Please choose a class from that region. Host may select any non-lord class.]

"Why can't I select a lord-based class?" I ask disappointed I can't just run around as a vanguard like Ike.

[Host may not select it due to their choice to be an orphan. You may unlock the class later when you receive enough system points to remove that restraint.]

Smug bastard. Hiding the best parts away from me. Everyone wants to be a vanguard, it's the most badass class. "I select Trueblade." I say with a smirk on my face.

[Host cannot choose a promoted class. Host must choose a base class and raise through the ranks. Please select a class.]

Damn couldn't just get to Trueblade like that. "I'll go with myrmidon then." Thanks, Navarre, for making one of the most broken classes in the games. I can make up for their low defense and hp by re-classing into a knight or a cavalier.

[Host has finished character creation. Please select appearance.]

In front of me appear portraits of different people. I can see Ike, Ephriam, Erika, Byleth and a
few others from the list. "Is there an appearance I can't select? Can I create my own?"

[Host can make his own appearance. The appearances in front of host are pre-selected due to being part of the Fire Emblem universe.]

Let's see I could make my own appearance, or I could use a preset one and change it a bit… I move the screen in front of me to Deen from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I skip to the remake's version of him rather than the original design. The remake looks much better. I change his hair to black and keeping the scar. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me. In front of me is a man with black hair and golden eyes. A tall man about 6 feet 2 inches. Not very muscular, but he is lean to make for it considering he is a myrmidon.

"This should work. I'm finished with my appearance."

[Good luck Host.]

The mirror disappears and the walls around me started to shake and so do I. A jolt goes through my body as an axe penetrates the walls my body was safe behind.

'For fucks sakes!'

3