Chapter 5: The Mad Dog
154 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We're finally here!" I jump at the loud voice and try to give him a stink eye. Brendan looks over to me and laughs. "Kid's already got the balls to go against the boss!" Jan says snickering. "Wait till he's old enough. We'll see how long he can keep that up with the training he's going to go through!" Brendan says with an evil grin on his face.

"Dad! Lloyd! You're back!" Breaking of the staring competition me and the old man put on, I see a short chubby kid run up to the group. He couldn't be more than 6 years old. At his side is a training sword unfit for his height. The sword was dragging along the ground as he was running up. "Linus! What did I tell you about dragging your sword around? Put it away while Uhai hasn't seen you!" Lloyd says smiling.

"Did someone call me?" A man with features of a nomad from Sacae appeared. He looks to be about 20 or so. He looks towards the group of men and then towards Linus. Linus seeing this, panic, and holds the sword and moves it towards his shoulder off the ground. Uhai nods his head seeing his actions. "Treat your blade with respect. It will determine life from death."

*SMACK!*

Brendan can be seen patting Uhai on the back. "How did your mission go Hawk?" He asks looking off in the distance.

"No problems. They did not stand a chance against the might of the Black Fang. His gold was distributed to the common folk as well before we burned it down."

"Good work. Did you bring any with you for drinks?" Brendan says with a grin. Uhai looks at Brendan and shakes his head. "The gold belongs to the common folk. Not to be wasted on drinks."

Brendan gives him another smack on the back and shakes his head. "If you're serious all the time you won't be able to enjoy life, Hawk. Well let's get inside. Uhai do you know how to take care of a kid?"
"No?" Uhai says looking back to the group and noticing the child Lloyd is holding. "Wait whose child did you kidnap?" He says looking at Brendan with suspicion. "We saved him from some slavers. Kid lost an eye in the fight. It should be fine as long as he get's used to it." Brendan says walking past the gate of the camp.

Uhai walks up to the Lloyd and looks at the child. "Hmm… He doesn't appear to be a child of the Elibe continent." He looks closer at the child and the wound on his eye. "Let's get that bandaged up to prevent infections." He says lifting the child from Lloyd's hands and taking him to a building.

Lloyd follows behind Uhai with guilt clear on his face, while Linus follows behind Lloyd. "Lloyd are we getting a younger brother?" Clear excitement on his face as he watches the child with sparkles in his eyes. "If dad let's us keep him and train him as member we'll probably get another brother."

"Do you think he'll be stronger than us?"

"I don't think so. We wouldn't be good older brothers if we can't protect him."

Behind them the Brendan looks at the two with a gentle smile on his face. 'Looks like these two got your personality, love.'
-----------

'Oh man, Uhai was such a badass character. I hope I can manage to convince him to join us against Nergal later. Even though he didn't agree with Nergal, he still listened to Brendan's orders. I don't actually have a plan to convince them…'

'I can always ask Zelgius and Gawain what they would do. Those two have a world's worth of knowledge. For now, let's worry about getting strong enough to be able to contest against Nergal.'

'System show me my points.'

[Host has:
System Points: 151,000
Gold: 0]

'I can fix my eye now…'

[Host please be advised if you fix your eye now you will have to go through the pain of your body reacting to this change. As well as your body will experience the pain of losing an eye and re-growing it when you buy eye abilities.]

'Well let's set a goal then for an eye ability then. Show me ones that would help me in combat.'

[Certainly Host:
Mystic Eye - Charm – 50,000,000
Byakugan – 50,000,000
Mystic Eye – Binding – 100,000,000
Sharingan – 100,000,000
Mystic Eye - Compulsion – 125,000,000
Glam Sight: Fairy Eyes – 200,000,000
Mystic Eye Petrification – 250,000,000
Mangekyo Sharingan – 1,000,000,000
Tenseigan – 5,000,000,000
Mystic Eyes of Death Perception – 50,000,000,000
Empyrean Eye – 100,000,000,000
Rinnegan – 100,000,000,000
All Seeing Eyes of God – 100,000,000,000]

'Okay. Well, I have no clue how I'm going to get close to any of these. I don't know which one I should aim for…'

'It's between Fairy Eyes and Empyrean Eye though. Fairy Eyes would help me keep track of any movements my opponents make. Empyrean Eyes would just make whatever outcome I want to happen come true.'

[Host would also have to purchase magecraft capable body that would power those eyes.]

'How much would that cost?'

[Calculating one capable of powering those abilities… 5,000,000,000]

'Just rob me! It'd be easier than scamming me!'

[Those abilities do not fit in this world. Their cost will be higher due to the rules broken.]

Sigh. 'I won't be able to get them just moping around. 'Ok easy enough. I'll focus on getting system points for weapons and class upgrades.'
--------

"There. His eye should be covered enough to prevent an infection. So, who is going to take care of him?" Uhai says looking towards Lloyd and Linus.

"Dad is going to look after him! He's going to make him one of the strongest people in the world like me and Lloyd!"

"Poor child doesn't know what he's getting in to." Uhai whispers to himself. Remembering how Brendan trained the two children in front of him. Having to remind him throwing sharp axes at children isn't the best way to keep them safe. If the child was awake he'd be crying in fear, luckily he's sound asleep. 'Sleep while you can child. You won't be getting much rest soon.' Uhai thinks to himself as Lloyd and Linus run circles around the child.

2