Chapter 9: Growing Up!
120 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lloyd and I walk up to Brendan while the rest of the group goes about their day. "Job's done old man." I say looking at the people behind him. Brendan turns towards us and looks at my bandaged arm in surprise. "You got hurt by some bandits kid? Looks like we have to double your training."

"He fought and killed the berserker. That's how he got the wound." Lloyd speaks up in my defense. Brendan hearing this looks at me with surprise and then grins. "Attaboy! Naturally no one can beat the Reeds!" He starts laughing loudly. The black-haired woman behind him puts a hand over her mouth trying to hide her disgust.

"Who are the people behind you?" Another voice joins the conversation. The man walks up behind us and puts an arm around my shoulder and Lloyd's. "Linus could you not do that after you just finished training." I say looking at his sweat covered arm. He just laughs to himself and keeps his arms where they are. Lloyd shakes his head and turns his attention back towards the newcomers. His eyes on the black-haired woman as well.

'Looks like Lloyd's already suspicious of her.'

"This is Sonia. The woman I've been talking about to you lot. We got married while you guys were away. This is Ursula." He says pointing to the tall blue-haired woman with short hair. "And this little one is your little sister, Nino." He says patting her on her head. Nino moves her head closer to the hand.

"Little... sister?" Lloyd, Linus and I say. Lloyd gains a small smile; Linus looks at her with pity and I give her a slight nod.

"Good job on your mission Percy. Go ahead and take a rest."

"Okay guys see you in a bit!"

I say running off towards the cafeteria. After making sure they stopped looking at me, I turn towards my room to train.

'How many system points do I have remaining?'

[Host has 14,495 System Points.]

'Hmm… by the time I try leave the Black Fang to join Lyn I should be able to get the fairy eyes.'

------

"Haaaa!"

I yell out as I strike out towards Zelgius. He blocks the strike and strikes me across the face. Brushing the attack off, thanks to my defense, I rush back in and kick him in his chest. He clearly doesn't feel the impact and smiles looking at me. We clash blades again and again until Gawain tells us to stop.

[Host has achieved Sword Mastery A.]

"That's enough for today."

Zelgius nods at that and I store the sword in my inventory.

"Since you've started training with us, you've gotten stronger. Soon you'll be one of the strongest people in this camp with just blade skill alone." Gawain says looking at me with a smile.

I nod my head. "I just need to get strong enough to be able to leave without Legault or Jaffar coming after me to kill me."

"Now I have a task for you that I need done. Zelgius you're going to join the Black Fang as the Black Knight. I need you to protect Brendan from Nergal and Sonia."

Zelgius nods his head. "I'll do it."

Hearing the Black Knight say they could handle a mission is the most reassuring thing I've heard since I came to this world.

Inside a tent are two figures. One hulking sitting on a chair, while the other remains standing.

"Lloyd how did he do?"

"He performed quite well. In a year or two he'll be at my level."

Brendan hearing this gets a giant smile on his face and leans back in his chair.

"Good that kid has earned it through all his training." After finishing that, he sits back up in his chair and looks towards Lloyd. "Now we have to handle a few matters…"

Waking up in the morning I run out to the cafeteria to get some food. Looking around at the people here I see Nino standing alone in a corner. 'She looks like a scared cat.' I think to myself and walk over to her.

"Hey little sis!" The girl hearing me jumps at the sound and turns towards me. Seeing her expression of a scared girl I put a hand on her head. "You hungry kid?" She nods. "Well come on then. You aren't going to get any food standing in this corner.

---

Further away Sonia can be seen watching the two interact. "Hmph taking care of garbage like that is such a hassle." Sonia says at a whisper. She smiles looking at the boy. "He can be of use to Lord Nergal…"

---
4 Years Later

"Legault wait up!"

"What is it kid?" Legault says while stopping and looking towards me.

"I just wanted to stop you to say a few things." I look towards him with a serious look in my eyes. "Don't let your morals get corrupted old man. Don't do something if it's going to make you have regrets. Especially killing someone who's defenseless."

Legault pauses for a moment and looks at me. He nods his head and walks away.

Later that day I heard he escaped the Black Fang with a wounded assassin.

---

Three years go by and I have become a swordmaster. My name as the One-Eyed Lion has spread far and wide. A man that executes corrupt nobles within mere moments of their acts. A man with armor covering his shoulders and chest. Along with guards upon his sides and a pair of boots colored a purplish-red like the rest of his armor. A cape held together by a lion branded sigil attached to the chest piece.

I've grown closer to the other members. Getting closer to them has given me a chance to pass along some warnings and saving some others. While other members have left completely. Whether it was their death or their decision to leave.

While Black Knight has joined the Black Fang. He's become a trusted member of the group and sticks closely to Brendan.

---

Stats

Name: Percival Reeds
Race: Branded
Title: One eyed Lion
Class / Level: Swordmaster / 15
HP: 60/60
SP: 50/50
STR: 46
MAG: 30
SKL: 49
SPD: 52
LCK: 45
DEF: 42
RES: 30
CON: 9

4