Chapter 10: Prince Zephiel and Leila
124 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'System purchase the Fairy Eyes and the magecraft body required! Only apply the Fairy eyes to my damaged eye. Leave the other one alone for now. When we leave the Black Fang, we can fix it.] I say as I enter my empty dungeon with Gawain watching over me.

[Host has purchased Mystic Eye: Fairy Eyes and magecraft body. Applying now.]

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Oi! That's not normal kid!" Gawain shouts out as he tries to run for cover.

A magic explosion happens in my vicinity.

A few hours later

I woke up from the most peaceful slumber I've had. I look around me and see that I am in a crater.

Behind me a figure moves to hit me on the head but expecting it I move to dodge. I end up crashed on the floor looking up at Gawain.

"What you aren't used to your new power yet? Hahahaha!" Gawain says laughing madly at the end.

"Oi quit laughing. It isn't funny old man."

He continued laughing until I left the zone.

"Rude old man."

---

After exiting my room, I start heading for Brendan's building. Today is my last mission with the Black Fang. Sadly, the others won't know that until I'm already gone.

"Percy!" A green haired girl runs up to me with a giant smile on her face. "I heard you're going on a mission today! Can I go?"

"Nino you and I both know you're not going. You're not strong enough yet even after everything I taught you."

Nino pouts at that and looks at me. "Come back alive, ok?" Nino says in a barely audible whisper.

"Haha! No need to worry so hard Nino! I'll always come back home no matter how long it takes!"

She starts to follow me, and I notice up ahead a purple haired woman and Uhai. The woman has leather armor on and has a short hair that has some covering over her right eye.

'Oh looks like Leila is here for this mission as well… I should figure out a way to keep her alive for Matthew…'

I walk up to the two people and stand in front of them.

"Good to see you Percival and you too Nino. We were waiting on you before we go inside." Uhai says nodding at me and Nino.

"Let's go inside then. Hopefully the mission isn't too much of a headache." I say with a easygoing smile.

"Won't be too hard with the One-eyed Lion with us." Leila says looking at me with a smirk.

"Oh? And who are you? I don't think I've seen you before."

"It's a good thing you haven't seen me before. It means you're doing a good enough job." Leila says looking away and towards the door.

"Oh."

"Well let's get inside and get this over with." I say opening the door and going inside.

"Nino I'll see you later. Tell Lloyd and Linus to take care and tell Linus to rush into a fight whenever he gets the chance."

"Okay! See you later!" Nino says running off.

We enter the room Brendan is in and he can be seen sitting there with Sonia and the Black Knight standing there.

The Black Knight walks in front of us and hands us a set of papers with our target and their expected location on it.

"You're to hunt down these bandits and get rid of them. The nobles don't want to deal with so you three will handle it.

I look at the paper and see it's a trail near the border of Lycia. 'Hmm… I can take this opportunity to visit Lycia and meet a few people or go straight towards Sacae…'

"Alright, Is there any major threats in their crew?" I ask looking towards Brendan.

"No there isn't anybody you should have a problem with, but don't get cocky." Brendan says.

I take a glance at Sonia and she has her signature smile on.

I head for the exit with the other two in tow.

"Gather whatever you need and let's head out immediately."

"Be careful kid." Brendan says under his breath.

On our way there we encounter an interesting situation.

"Alright! Drop everything valuable that you have! We're the Telirius Bandits!"

I look over at Uhai. "Aren't they the bandits we're supposed to wipe out."

"Yes, they are." Leila says with a hand resting on her forehead.

"Why are they sticking up a carriage this far from where they're supposed to be."

Looking at the carriage I see only a single guard and inside the carriage is a young boy with blonde hair.

"Oh shit." I say aloud recognizing the kid.

"What who is in the carriage?" Leila says trying to look inside.

"It's the Prince."

"Let's take advantage of this distraction then." Uhai says setting up his bow.

"As soon as you fire, I'm rushing out."

Uhai and Leila nod and get ready. Leila starts to move off to the side to get behind the bandits standing in the far back. I pull out my Wind Edge and get ready to charge.

*SWISH*

The arrow soars through the sky and I launch out of the forest.

"We're under attack!" One of the bandits yells out. After yelling that out a wind blade slashes his throat open.

"I'll give you bandits one chance. Throw down your weapons and I'll grant you a peaceful death." I say with a gentle smile looking at the bandits.

The bandits look at each other and then back at me. "It's only one guy! Get him!"

"So it's the hard way then." An arrow launches from the forest and takes out another bandit while I charge in to clean up the rest.
--

"Your highness please cover your eyes. This gore isn't fit for your eyes." The knight says looking at the massacre in front of him. 'He's taking out so many bandits by himself. Is this what that group is capable of?'

--

The bandits have all been slain. I look around for the leader's corpse. After a moment of searching I found one that looks similar and pull out the paper to compare.

'Yup that's the one.' I look back towards the forest and give Uhai a thumbs up. When I do that, I notice a figure with a sword about to strike him. 'Oh shit!' I start moving that way using the Lion Step form to close the gap.

--
(Uhai POV)

I look towards Percival and see him giving me a thumbs up. His face drops into a feral expression and he starts rushing towards me. I turn around and see a figure looming over me with a sword about to strike me down.

'So, this is how I die.' I stare at the man about to cut me down and see a blade appear in front of me blocking his strike. "That's not happening!" Percival yells out as a lion comes out of his sword leaving a giant bite mark on the bandit's chest. 'Heh looks like I owe the kid a favor.'

--

I manage to reach Uhai in time and save him. "Uhai are you alright?" I look at him looking for wounds. "I'm fine Percival. Thank you for the rescue. I owe you one."

I look at him and grin. "That's what friends are for old man!" I say giving him a pat on his shoulder.
Looking around the battlefield I notice Leila hovering over the leader's body.

"Assassin you have any wounds on you?"

"I'm alright." She says responding back. She has a wary expression on her face while looking at me, but I shrug my shoulders. I turn back to the carriage and look towards the guard. A tall man with blonde hair with a giant axe on his shoulder is looking towards us.

"Are you the One-Eyed Lion?" He says looking at me warily.

"It's not a nickname I chose, but it's one I'm willing to work with. Percival the Lion at your service General Murdock."

"Hmph. So, you know who I am?"

"Naturally anyone of Bern would recognize one of the Wyvern Generals."

He looks at me and notices me not looking at the carriage at all. "You understand who is in this carriage."

"It's an honor to be in the presence of the Prince." I say bowing towards the carriage.

"I apologize for the sight before your eyes."

"It's alright. I wish to see the famous One-eyed Lion if possible, Murdock." Murdock surprised at this stays silent for a moment and looks at me. He nods. "Of course, your majesty. Move up to the carriage and stand on that side lion."

I do as he says and see the child prince in front of me. "I've heard a ton of stories about you Lion. I heard you can summon lions with a single wave of your sword!"

'Ah he's still a child…'

"I am not capable of that yet my lord. I can summon wind blades but not lions yet."

"Yet? That means you can do it eventually?"

"I believe if I train hard enough anything is possible."

He hears my words and nods. "Thank you for saving me." He says with glee. "Wait until my little sister hears how the One-Eyed Lion saved me." He sits back in his carriage.

'Looks like my audience is already done.'

I look towards Murdock and nod. Murdock begins to lead the carriage away. When it's a decent distance away I walk towards Leila who's still standing and looking at the leader's body.

I put a hand on her shoulder. "I need to have a word with you. Uhai do you mind gathering wood for a camp."

He nods and walks away to gather the supplies.

Leila steps back and has a hand resting on her dagger.

"Now, now. There's no need for that. I just wanted to give you a warning."

She tightens her grip on the dagger.

"Is this how Ostia treats friends?" I say whispering to myself. Her eyes go wide at those words and pulls out her dagger and points them at me. "How-"

I cut her off mid-sentence. "Don't worry about that right now. I just wanted to pass this along before I leave. When you eavesdrop in on Sonia's conversations take the utmost care. She isn't human and neither are her companions. They're capable of killing you with just a snap of their fingers. So be careful with your actions."

'System are there any items I can buy that would protect her from being killed?'

[Host can purchase the Lion Summon skill. The skill summons a lion that is linked to the Host. It will do what you would in the situation. If you apply it to a person, it will come out when that person is in danger.]

'Purchase it and use it on her.'

"Why are you telling me this?" Leila says. "Because if you die it'll make it harder for me to become friends with a few people." She hears this and gets visibly confused. "Well anyway good luck!" I say as I start walking away. "Tell Brendan I'm retiring from being a Black Fang member!"

"Wai-"before she can finish the sentence Uhai returns.

"Where did Percival go?"

"He just went that way. He said he's leaving the Black Fang."

"What!?" Uhai shouts and looks towards the direction Percival walked off in. "The commander isn't going to like that at all."
--
Three Days Later

"What do you mean he's leaving the Black Fang?" Brendan says looking up at Uhai.

"That's what he said before he left us and walked off on his own." He responds looking down.
In the room Brendan is standing crushing the table with his hands. The Black Knight is standing by the door. Sonia is standing in a corner, While Linus and Lloyd stand at the opposite sides of the table.

"Does he know the position he's putting me in?" Sonia hearing Brendan mumbling shakes her head.

"Lloyd we're going to go get him right now. He's going to make Nino cry if she finds out."

"Linus we can't rush headfirst into this we don't even know where he is!"
The arguments in the room continued for an entire night before they decided to wait for news of the One-Eyed Lion.
--

"Jerme go hunt him down." A feminine voice says from the shadow.

"If that's what Nergal wants I'll get it done. I always wanted to cut him open."

4