Chapter 27: Passing Time
80 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been nine months since we came to Castle Caelin. Sonia and Nergal haven’t sent any assassins after me since Jerme. As for Nils and Ninian, I let them leave so they can get closer to Lord Elbert when he gets captured. I also don’t want them to be frightened of me, so I couldn’t strong arm them into staying.

 

I used some of my points to use the lottery function and received a few more summons.

 

--

 

[Host has received the Summon Ike Skill, Summon Elena Skill, Summon Mist Skill, Summon Soren Skill, Summon Titania Skill.]

 

--

 

I sent the mercenary group off to gather a name for themselves and then to retun to Caelin for the new orders after establishing themselves.

 

Erk managed to finally escort Serra to Ostia and he returned to mercenary work. While Lucius received a new mission. He also started travelling with Raven recently. Kent received the Knight Commander position replacing Eagler who retired to live with his family in his estate. Sain became the subcommander under Kent. Rath left the first day to go back to mercenary work without anyone noticing. Well I noticed, but I don’t plan on stopping him.

 

Dorcas returned home to fight off bandits, now that he doesn’t need to work to heal his wife’s leg. Matthew returned to Ostia, probably reporting everything he learned along the way to Uther. As for Wallace, I sent him and Stefan off to wipe out the Taliver Bandits. Having Lyn live for revenge isn’t something I’m keen about. As for Florina and Wil, I’ve been training them into proper guards. Their skill has surpassed the other knights in Caelin due to my guidance. Lord Hausen has recovered from his illness and goes on walks with Madelyn, Lyn and me. The four of us look after Athena with Madelyn and Hausen being the main driving force behind that.

 

Athena has grown less attached to me, I think. She does still expect me to carry her whenever she wants, but she’s grown used to not being as close to me as she usually was on the journey. She grew closer to Stefan as well since he had a brand similarly located on his forehead.

 

During my time in Caelin I noticed Lord Hausen, Madelyn and Lyn planning something secretively. I let them keep their secret since I assumed it was a family plan of theirs. I honestly did not expect them to try and set up a marriage ceremony.

 

…And that’s where I am right now. In a party hosted by the Marquess, who invited all the lords he’s familiar with. Inside the hall I can see some familiar hair colors. I approach the two young lords and greet them.

 

“Welcome Lord Eliwood, Lord Hector. A pleasure to see you two here.” I say with a smile.

 

Both hearing my voice shiver before turning to face me. “Come now, Sir Percival. There’s no need to be like that. You’re our teacher, besides today is your day.” Eliwood says with a smile.

 

Hector nods. “Eliwood is correct.”

 

“Have you been practicing your techniques?” I say looking at them. Eliwood has developed a lean body with muscles hidden beneath his clothing, while Hector’s muscles are exploding and visible through his.

 

“Yes sir.” They both say looking at me with relief. I continue my conversation with the two waiting for the ceremony.

 

--

 

(??? POV)

 

“Hmm… I’ve never seen Hector so obedient before…” An older blue-haired man says. His features resembling Hector. He’s much older, by maybe ten years. “So that’s the teacher he had?” He says observing Percival. “The Lion of the Black Fang, huh?” He says with a smile as he approaches the group.

 

--

 

I notice Hector pause for a moment while looking behind me. ‘Is Uther behind me or something?’

 

I feel a presence behind me and turn to look at the person. What greets me is the visage of Lord Uther of Ostia.

 

“A pleasure to meet you Marquess of Ostia.” I say with a smile.

 

“The pleasure is all mine Lion.” He says returning it.

 

I look at him with the smile still on my face. “For the Marquess to know me… I’m honored.”

 

Eliwood and Hector look confused at that name. “Lion?” They both say.

 

“It’s from a long time ago. A different life, I suppose.” I say reminiscing about my family in the Black Fang.

 

They both nod. “If you two don’t mind, I wish to speak to Percival myself.” Uther says looking at the two of them.

 

Hector and Eliwood walk away and allow us our conversation.

 

“So, what is a member of the Black Fang doing here?” He says looking at me.

 

“Your spy network is quite vast. As for the Black Fang… I am no longer a member of that group. They’ve lost their purpose, so I left.” Uther looks at me for a moment and nods.

 

“Be careful, then. Do not lose yourself in greed.” He says looking over to Lord Hausen.

 

“I did not decide to get married for power…” I say with a gentle smile as I look towards Lyn who walks out. “Caelin will be under my protection and by extension so will its allies. I hope to continue Ostia’s and Caelin’s relationship.” Putting my hand forward, he shakes my hand and nods.

 

After our conversation the night ends flawlessly.

 

--

 

(Black Fang POV)

 

“So, he’s married now to the granddaughter of Caelin’s Marquess?” A gruff voice says.

 

“He’s certainly moving up in the world.” Another voice says.

 

“I’ve heard he beat Jerme quite easily. I want to see how our little brother has gotten with his sword.” A third voice adds in.

 

“Linus all you think about is battle. Percival got married and we didn’t get to go.” The second voice says to Linus.

 

“Even if he thinks he’s left us. He’s still one of us.” The first voice says.

 

“I understand father. When we see him, we’ll make sure he doesn’t anything this major without us again.” Lloyd says adding on.

 

“I want to see Percival again…” Nino adds in. Linus puts a hand on her head. “Don’t worry brat. Knowing him we’ll see him sooner or later.”

 

--

 

2 more months pass by and today is the day I go travel to Ostia. Hopefully in time to help Hector with the Black Fang…

 

‘System show me my stats’

 

[Certainly, Host.]

 

[Name: Percival Reeds]

[Race: Lion Branded

Class: Master Knight

Level: 19

EXP: 20/100

Title: The Lion

HP: 79/79

SP: 100/100

STR: 64

MAG: 56

SKL: 68

SPD: 73

LCK: 52

DEF: 46

RES: 29

CON: 9 (15 on mount)]

 

I nod to myself. ‘I’m definitely strong enough now to fight against Nergal… The issue is my resistance is still low. I don’t think I can face tank a spell yet from him or a dragon’s fire breath…’

 

I grab my sword and attach it to my belt. I take one last look around the room and leave. As I move to leave the castle an attendant comes up to me. “Milord, there’s a group of mercenaries here looking for you.” I nod at the attendant and move towards the castle square. “Tell them to meet me at the square. Inform Gawain and Elena to come as well.”

 

I arrive at the square and moments later Gawain and Elena join me. “How have you two been?” I say looking at them. The woman has long blue hair reaching her shoulders. Her features resemble that of Ike and Mist. Her two children with Gawain.

 

“I cannot thank you enough for bringing my wife to me.” Gawain says with a smile.

 

“No worries, Gawain.” I say with a smile. A moment later I hear the mercenaries approaching. I looks towards the sound and see a muscular young man in the lead. His blue hair held back by a green-gray bandana. With white pants on and combat boots. He has a cape tied around his back with a massive shoulder plate on his left arm. In his hands is another copy of Ragnell. He approaches us with a smile upon seeing his parents.

 

Beside him is a young girl with long brown hair. In her hands is a staff with an orb at the tip. Her dress is an orange and white mix, with brown boots on. She starts running towards her parents.

 

Behind them are the rest of the other two members of the Greil mercenaries. A tall red-haired woman with an axe over her back, Titania. A black haired feminine looking boy, with a dragon brand on his forehead. Soren the tactical genius behind the group carrying a book.

 

“Father! Mother!” Mist says running up to Gawain and Elena. The two look at their two kids with a smile, as well as the mercenary group he used to run. “Welcome back!” Elena says with a smile.

 

Ike steps up beside his father and smiles at his sister and mother. He then turns his attention to me. “You called us back, Percy?”

 

“Yes, I need you to do a job. It involves a friend of mine. I want you to go to Ostia and tell Hector I sent you. Here’s a letter to confirm that I’ve already paid for your services. While you’re with him make sure to protect him from any harm. You can act when the Black Fang attacks him if you wish. Make certain you protect him and his attendants.” Ike takes the letter from my hands and nods. “It’ll be done. Anything after we protect him from the assault?”

 

“We’ll meet up soon after. Continue journeying with him until you hear word from me.” I say looking at them with a smile. “You can spend time with your family for a week while you’re here. But you will need to leave within a week’s time to make it on time.”

 

“Okay. We’ll head out in a week’s time then.” He smiles at me before turning back to his family.

 

“Dad!” I hear Athena shout out from behind me. The five year is old is walking towards me with Lyn trailing behind her. She walks over to me and motions for me to pick her up, which I do. “How are you Athena?” I say looking at her. She starts to regale her day with excitement, and I play along with her. Lyn looks at the mercenaries and smiles upon seeing Elena and Mist. She walks up besides me and looks at my attire. She looks at me with a frown. “Are you going somewhere Percy?”

 

“Mmm… Not yet. I was thinking about going to Pharae to teach Eliwood the next steps in the sword technique… But…” I say looking at her with worry. ‘Laus attacks the castle after Eliwood and Hector chase him off…’

 

She notices me looking at her with worry she gives me a bright smile. “Don’t worry. You can go teach him. I’ll be here waiting for you when you come back.” She says hugging me with Athena in between us.

 

I nod at her response. “It’s fine… I’ll teach him when he comes for his next visit.” I say returning it. ‘I’ll make damn sure that Laus scum doesn’t hurt anyone while I’m here.’

 

--

 

It’s been a month and I’ve received news that Eliwood has set out for his journey to search for his father. I’ve also received news from Ike that they rescued Hector from the Black Fang…

 

I sigh loudly. ‘It’s beginning… I should go prepare the others for the fight coming soon…’

4