Chapter 2: The Awakening
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2.

The Awakening

The woman jolts awake from a nightmare… It was all a dream. She stands and leaves the house, heading towards the water, grabbing a net and pulling it out of the water, which has few small fish. She sighs and returns home, leaving the net on a table outside. She pulls her knife from the hip and begins to skin fish.

Steps against the grass can be heard coming towards the woman.

"Morning, Kara."

A male voice speaks.

"Morning, Al. Here for the bandages again?"

The woman replies.

"Mhmm. Any luck fishing?"

"Less and less everyday."

"Maybe it's a sign. I've been telling you to leave this place behind."

Kara turns around, leaving the knife on the table. She cleans her hands on a rag that was hanging by the table.

"Come."

Kara says and makes her way inside the house.

Once inside she washes her hands before grabbing a roll of bandages. Al sits on the table and waits patiently. Kara approaches and begins to remove the old bandage.

"Why won't you leave this miserable place? I don't understand you. There is a whole city outside these woods. Hell, you have a daughter out there that is being raised without a mother"

Al says. As he mentions Kara's daughter she tugs on the bandages, making Al grunt for a moment.

"It's not so simple. She's better off without me."

"Look, I've known you for a while, and I know you enough to know you love and miss the girl, besides, hiding yourself in this cold forest won't last forever.

Kara finishes tying the new bandages around Al's arm. Al stands up and heads towards the door, Kara follows.

"Think about it. Friend's advice. Thanks again for the bandages."

Kara simply nods and watches as Al leaves.

0