Chapter 13: Inheritance
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside the museum's marbled steps was Sakai Tech's exclusive armored carriage, complete with the latest Amanium-based dual engine at the front that boasted it's guzzling, tremulous blare across the empty street. CEO Maximo Sakai got a few applause from the exiting guests as he descended the wide, stoned stairs beneath his feet. He waved his hand leisurely as photographers took his rare appearance as an opportunity to get some news coverage.

Across the street was a man shouting beyond his tired lungs. Maximo Sakai could not hear what the man was saying but it looked like he was in distress.

"Let's go," he ordered his guards as one of them opened the heavy caravan door for the old Sakai.

The strange man shouting desperately had stopped immediately after seeing Maximo Sakai who was slowly getting inside his vehicle. The man recognized the old Sakai from his garish ride; the vehicle's door had the Sakai's 'S' emblem on each side of the caravan.

"Sakai! You bastard!" Shouted the man. It was Captain Gatdula Agapay. Maximo recognized the man, who was now a few feet in front of him, and was astonished as to their completely coincidental encounter in the dead of night.

"Oh! Captain Agapay! How fortunate. I was meaning to talk to you. So, what brings you here this late in the evening?" Maximo Sakai cheerfully inquired as his guards barred the distressed Captain from further approaching the old man inside his caravan.

"I'm here because your damn inbred of a son shot my boy!"

"Oh I see, well, that's a shame. I just heard the news myself. Poor thing. I hope your boy makes it," smiled Sakai sarcastically back to Captain Agapay who was now being physically restrained due to his increasing anger.

"You bastard! I'll make sure your boy regrets what he's done. I'll make sure your whole damn family regrets it!" Shouted the agitated Captain as he was held by two more guards.

"Boys, kindly let the captain now his place," directed Mr. Sakai as he rolled his window shut. The four guards then pushed the captain to the ground and started to pummel him with their batons while the elder Sakai's caravan revved its six-wheeled hydrocar and ran off into the night.

All of a sudden, a small, black blur came out from the shadows and started pushing back the four Metro Sentinels. One by one he grabbed and tossed the guards away from the captain, who was still quite weak from being beaten to the ground.

"Get him," ordered on of the Sentinels. The three of them rushed towards the shadowy figure and chased it further down the alley, leaving the poor Captain to deal with the guard's apparent leader.

"Alright, Captain. Nothing personal," the leader whispered, clenching his metal baton and raising it above his head.

The Captain shielded his head with his trembling hands. A loud clanging sound had emitted behind the unconscious guard's helmet who then dropped unconsciously to the ground just next to Agapay.

"Come on. Let's go!" yelled the stranger. The Captain looked up and saw a familiar face.

"Arman?"

"No time to talk, I just dodged those three in the alley, they'll be back."

The two of them rushed inside one of the empty buildings that was under renovation just across from the Museum. The stranger flung open the scaffolding's thick drapes as both men evaded Sakai's Sentinels inside the hollowed building.

The panel sign above the building they entered was marked "No Entry: Trespassers will be Prosecuted" and "Metro's first Self-Sustaining Hydro-Plant in Progress. Vote for La Guardia."

The two men paused for a moment, waiting for the guards to clear the streets. Captain Agapay spoke slowly to the stranger.

"Arman? Are you Arman?"

"Yes, that's right. Didn't think I'd meet you again. Well, I didn't think I'd get mixed with a bunch of Metro Sentinels for that matter. It doesn't really matter, though."

The Captain just stared at the boy's facial feature which had reminded him so much of his forgotten past.

"Arman Bruno? Is your name really Armando Bruno?"

"Well, yeah. Hey, how'd you know my last name."

"I-I-I'm Trio's father. I'm Captain Gatdula Agapay."

"Trio? You're Trio's father?! How is he? Is he going to be alright?!"

"Yes, he's going to be alright. He was having blood transfusion when I left the hospital."

"That's a relief. At least I've done something good at that camp."

"Tell me, Arman. What is your parents' names?"

"My parent's why do you ask?"

Captain Agapay was didn't respond so Arman took it to himself to answer the man's question.

"Well, my dad's name is Jira. My mom is Alana. Why do you ask?"

"I knew it! I knew it! You look so much like your father, Arman. Your mother and father were the greatest warriors the West Sea has ever seen. I was one of the Knights that followed them into battle. They were the true heroes of the West Sea War."

"Well, thanks, I guess."

"Do you understand the situation you're in? How your family changed the course of history?"

"Captain, with all due respect. I've been on my own since the New Republic disavowed my parents and tossed me in the tenements. No matter how much I tell everyone that my mom and dad were heroes, they either mouth off or beat me up. How'd you think I ended up getting better at fighting? It wasn't through the Academy, that's for sure."

"It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, though. Heroes. Traitors. Whatever. To me, my parents are the greatest people who have ever lived. And that's all that matters."

"Well, said. Now come, Arman. I think Trio would like to thank you in person for what you've done for him."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. As a matter of fact, I would like to welcome you to my home, if you have no where else to go."

"Well, I'll think about it. With respect, I don't really know you, sir. I don't think..."

"My name is Captain Gatdula Agapay, Commander Jira and Commander Alana were my superiors before the war ended and I got promoted. They have taught me everything I know about being a West Sea Explorer. I owe them my life. And now, Arman. I will gladly offer you my home and teach you everything there is to know about the West Sea."

"Thank you for the offer, Captain. But I think it's too late now, I was just expelled and I doubt even you can change that."

"Well, there are other ways to be a West Sea Explorer, you know. The Aseatic Division isn't the only Training Camp in New Republic."

***Thank you for taking the time to read my work. It would really mean a lot if you could leave some comments as I would like to hear what you have to say about the chapter. You can also vote and share this to your friends and help spread the story of The West Sea.***

1