Chapter 6 – Main Character’s Entrance
618 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Third Person's POV)

Skipping through the hallway, bag in hand swinging to and fro, a bubbly first-year excitedly made her way to her classroom. Suzuki Fuyumi licked her lips, moistening them. Though most students were nervous during the transitioning period from junior high to high school, Suzuki was eager to begin the next chapter of her life.

However, this excited first-year had accidentally missed the first day of school. Staying up late till 3 am, she hadn't woken up till noon when her mother came home from work to pick up something.

To say she received the growling of a lifetime would be putting it lightly.

This morning, she made sure to set her alarm for 6 am.

"Eep!"

*Thud*

Lost in her daydreaming, she ended up colliding with a body and fell backwards onto the tiled floor. Her bag fell out of her hand, landing next to her as she grimaced from the pain.

"Ouch," she muttered.

"Ah, oops. Sorry," she heard a male voice say. "You okay?"

When she glanced up, her eyes met with a good-looking boy that looked to be her age. His face was blank but his eyes showed mild concern. Holding his hand out, he offered to help her up.

"Thanks," she said sheepishly. After he helped her to her feet, Suzuki apologized to him, bowing her body, "I'm so sorry for bumping into you. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

"It's nothing," replied the boy. Scratching the back of his head, he muttered, "It was partly my fault as well."

"I'm Suzuki Fuyumi, a freshman. You are...?"

For a brief moment, she swore she saw the boy's eyes flicker with an unknown emotion before falling blank again. Though curious, she didn't ask.

"Ishida Shiki. Freshman as well."

Oh. So he was the same as her, thought Suzuki.

Tucking a strand of her light blue hair behind her ear, she said happily, "So you're like me! Haha, that's great! What class are you in, Ishida-kun?"

"...Class 1-B."

Huh. For some reason, he seemed reluctant to tell her.

'Eh, I'm probably overthinking it,' Suzuki shook her head. 'After all, why wouldn't he want to tell a cute girl like me?'

If anyone else heard her thoughts, they would've thought something was wrong with her.

"Soo, if you're okay now, I've got to go to class."

'Eh? What? Just like that?'

Suzuki watched in shock as the boy turned around on his heel and walked away without another word. She was left standing there with questions swirling in her mind.

'Huh? What's with that reaction? I thought all boys liked talking to me...' Suzuki pouted. Biting her bottom lip, she decided to brush it off.

'Well, whatever. He's probably just very shy.'

Suzuki flipped her hair over her shoulder and displayed a charming smile on her face before continuing her journey down the hallway.

****

(First Person POV)

The main character, Suzuki Fuyumi, was portrayed to be a cute, sweet, and bright young teenage girl who was eager to live life to the fullest. Her pure naivety and innocent personality garnered the attention of many people that wished to befriend her. In particular, she had a large following of male fans that admired her from afar.

Sadly for them, her heart was set on her precious senior that she went to junior high with.

Of course, that didn't stop her from befriending and socializing with her fans. The only problem with that though was the fact that some of these fans mistook her intentions and thought she had an interest in them. However, once they confessed their feelings, the only thing they received in return was a polite rejection and the words; 'We can still be friends though.'

Honestly, the worst words to say to a guy that has a crush on you.

Ever.

Hence, many broken hearts were formed and the resentment from numerous female students slowly grew. After all, who wouldn't be jealous of Suzuki Fuyumi, the cute and bubbly first-year that easily stole the hearts of the boys in school?

It did strike me as odd when I read the manga back in high school. I mean, as an otaku slash nerdy like me, I wasn't familiar with girls as I hardly spoke to them. I didn't understand how girls thought or functioned so reading this manga, it was my assumption at the time that Suzuki Fuyumi was the ideal 'girl'.

However, it was only when I grew older that I came to realize how...off her character was written.

Although it may seem that the mangaka was portraying a young, bright, and innocent teenage girl, the character of Suzuki Fuyumi could also be seen as...a dumb airhead.

Well, it was that or a bitch.

Whichever you prefer.

Meeting her in person today took me by surprise. She was definitely a pretty little thing but that was about it. As a potential romantic interest (not that I was considering it) she didn't appeal to me. She just wasn't my type.

When I walked away, I could feel her gaze piercing my back but I ignored it. Whatever she wanted with me, I wasn't interested.

'Don't get me involved with your life. I don't need unnecessary drama disrupting my peaceful high school experience.'

I hoped to never see her again.

However, fate certainly has a cruel way of forcing you out of your comfort zone.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Suzuki Fuyumi. Please take care of me!"

What're the odds that the one person I wanted to avoid ends up in the same class as me? Either this was fate messing with me or I have some seriously bad luck.

"Thank you Suzuki-san. You may take a seat at the back next to Gojo-kun."

Said boy's face lit up like a Christmas tree as if Kami-sama had blessed him. When Suzuki sat down, his face turned bright red and he bashfully greeted her.

Taking a single glance around the classroom, it seemed that nearly all the males had an eye on her, though they tried to keep their obvious attention subtle.

As for the females of the class, some of them didn't seem to care at all about the new addition whilst others eyed her enviously. My deskmate thankfully belonged to the former.

Only sparing a single glance at Suzuki, Esumi looked down at her notebook and began reading the text.

Her seriousness towards studying impressed me.

"What are you staring at?" Her eyebrows scrunched together in a frown but her eyes stayed trained on her notes.

Coughing lightly, I turned away replying, "Nothing."

"Hmph."

26