Chapter 115: What the other are doing
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Kara point of view]

The line for treatment is getting longer and longer. The disturbance caused by the false hydra is severe. One by one, from mouth to mouth, the words spread. A monster capable of making people amnesiac has already kidnapped hundreds or even thousands of people. It causes mass panic among the citizens of Emas. Unrest, as the fear in them grew larger and larger. All seek treatment from Saintess Rumia. 

Saintess Rumia is helped by several others. She's a dedicated saintess who puts others before herself. Cardinal Davis, Paladin Jean, and the others also help her tirelessly. Apparently, the spell along with THE THING is not easy to break. Even Cardinal Davis is having a hard time. They have tried their best, but the best they can do is support the saintess and provide additional treatment, such as a mind-soothing spell. 

For people of Amleth that currently staying here, Mara and I contacted the embassy and explained everything at them. The embassy are now currently tracing all of my people, and as expected, there is a mismatched. Even now, the number reached hundreds and it will surely increase as we tracked down more people

Marianne, Tio and Adnan have several contacts here. They have explained the current situation in Emas to their families and thankfully their families have agreed to help us. The three families are using their business partners to spread the word and help contact anyone who may have recently lost a family member.

Neloufa and the team from the opera house are using their newfound fame to explain what's happening on Emas. Of course, the Emas royalty and their ministries have done the same, but a word from someone from the same social class has proven to be more effective. They were well received yesterday and even now, carefully choosing their words, the masses are able to calm down, even if it's just a little. 

"Saintess Rumia, you should rest for a while" [Mara].

"It's okay, Your Highness, I can still go on" [Rumia]

"Your Holiness, Your Highness is right. A good rest is important" [Cardinal Davis].

"Please, get some rest. We are here to help you. We won't let you carry the burden alone" [Jean].

Only Saintess Rumia is capable of completely removing THE THING from the affected person. Removing the spell alone wouldn't help much, as THE THING will continue to cause damage to the mind, as proven when others remove the amnesia spell first. 

The only other person who can do what Saintess Rumia is doing is Diana. Even Cardinal Davis and Paladin Jean are unable to do what Diana can easily do. 

With this long line, the unrest of the masses caused by THE THING, I am once again grateful to the Goddess above, for I am destined to meet Diana. If it weren't for her, Mara and I wouldn't be able to recover from THE THING, or maybe we would be dead by now, from Gilbert's doing.

Since there is nothing else we can do, my friends and I can only help the Church with various miscellaneous things. I couldn't help analysing the data, since the data is still being compiled, and there are those from the Ministry of Defense who don't want to give us from Amleth the necessary data, claiming that it is highly confidential. Understandable, even if I have good intentions, I am still a nobody in this country. I couldn't help the church with the treatment, because my healing magic is nowhere good enough. Carrying medical supplies, helping to calm others and giving encouragement, that's all I can do. Unlike me or Mara, I'm sure dear mother can do something if she's in my place

"Sigh..." [Kara]

"Why the long sigh, Your Highness?" [Vita]

"It's nothing... There's nothing to worry about." [Kara]

"Hmm... I see... I see... Your Highness, you've done your best, and that's all that matters now, so even this little help you're giving us is appreciated" [Vita].

"How did you know?" [Kara]

"Your Highness, you are quite the opposite of the outspoken Diana, forgive me for saying so, but at the end of the day, you're still a child. It's easy to see that in your face. I'm sure your mother Queen Amleth will say the same thing" [Vita].

"Did you really think that?" [Kara]

"That's what I'm sure of, even though I don't know Her Highness Queen Amleth personally, someone that Diana speaks so highly of would not be a bad person" [Vita].

The diva, Miss Vita, really knows how to give a little pep talk. Even though I learned the theory of giving a speech from my private tutor, from my dear mother, and even from my literature teacher at school, I can see that I am still pale in comparison to her. It's one of many qualities I should improve, because one day Mara and I will be the ones to take the throne, and that skill will come in handy.

As time passed and night fell, the number of people did not seem to stop. Saintess Rumia finally forces herself to take a short break. The masses are unhappy, but even they wouldn't dare to complain, as they can see Saintess Rumia working tirelessly nonstop. 

As we all gathered in a room, the two heroes Mr. Nar and Mr. Sas returned. I thought Diana and the others would be with them, but instead they brought someone unexpected. We are all in disbelief (except for Saintess Rumia, it's as if she's expecting the guest to come). After some more time has passed, it's Diana and the other, and again they've brought someone unexpected. 

1