Chapter 117: Fateful Reunion part 2
67 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Thank you, Mr. Soldier, for your help" [Diana].

"It is our duty to do so, and I have already promised your two brothers, so that is why we are here." 

"Sorry we had to burn the fake Hydra. It has the regenerative power of a true Hydra, and God knows what will happen if it regenerates" [Randy].

"Even though there's no evidence, the eyewitnesses of the victims and those Imperial soldiers should be enough. I will make the necessary preparations to put them behind bars. I will also make arrangements for all the victims here. Please do not worry.

"You're too kind." [Kat]

"I guess I will accompany them, not that I am useful in this situation, being kept alive as a mana source for that false hydra..."

"Hey, no need to be so hard on yourself. Remember what Guild Master Akela always said, everything happens for a reason" [Randy].

"I'm still not feeling well... I guess I will go back home with the soldier... Sorry for troubling you, Diana" [Siti]

"What are you saying! I'm just glad you're alive!"

 [Diana]

We successfully saved everyone... Not everyone... as there are traces of victims' bones near the false hydra's nest. There are toys, hats, shoes, even wallets of the victims, all probably regurgitated by the false hydra after it ate them all. At least I'm glad that the dungeon problem is solved, because the Golem can work again as usual after defeating the false Hydra. Rescuing others, especially Siti, also makes me feel better. I'm glad that Siti is safe and sound. I don't want the five brothers to be sad if something bad happened to her. I don't know why, but seeing them sad makes me think of Nar and Sas crying after my kidnapping. My heart aches just thinking about it.

It is getting very late. It must be around eight o'clock at night. The sound of mosquitoes buzzing around. The sound of the nocturnal animal on the nearby mountain accompanying us. Today's moon isn't as bright as it usually is, making the surrounding area dim. With nothing as our light source, I used my Light Ball spell while riding on Fie's back. I don't want Fie to glow when I'm riding him, it will hurt my eyes.

We have been informed of Nar and Sas' current location. They're trying to track down a group of infiltrating Imperial soldiers nearby at the request of the head soldier guarding the dungeon. That explains why they didn't come to our aid, but I'm proud of them. They're heroes recognized everywhere, heroes who help everyone in need. Words can't describe the fluffy feeling of pride that's bursting from my chest as I'm once again happy that they've adopted me as their little sister. 

As we enter the steep mountain, a high mountain of 2598 meters, I ask the forest for Nar and Sas. The answer from the forest is that they're already on the other side of the mountain, probably on their way back to the city with a group of people. It is good that they are alive. I said to the other who was with me. I just wanted to see them and help them, and the other one, without complaining, gladly accompanied me. 

"I think we should go back then. It's getting late" [Kat].

"Agreed" [Randy]

(Still, this strong lady is fighting a monster. A strange monster.) [Tree]

"Strange monster?" [Diana]

(It is only a few goblins, but something about these goblins feels strange. They're not usually aggressive, but lately they've been collecting scarifices and taking them to the big building on the other mountain. Humans, animals, and other monsters have all fallen victim.) [Owl]

Randy, Kat and the other seem to realize that the forest is telling me something, and I quickly explain it to them. It's strange indeed, and given the information we're getting, the goblins are probably being controlled by the false Hydra to bring tribute. It's only a few goblins, and the location of the strong lady is not far from us. Of course, we have to climb the mountain, but I can ride Fie and the others are adventurers, so it's not a big problem for all of us, so we decided to help the lady.

"Cold..."

"Not as cold as Mount Olympus Mons. That's literally 21,229 meters high" [Kat].

"Have you been there?" [Diana]

"I did, but I couldn't climb to the top."

"Seriously, who could? This is like a walk in the park if what I heard about this mountain is true" [Randy].

"Meow!" [Fie]

Fie, who is trying his best not to slip, is surprised when he hears about a bigger mountain. Even I am amazed at the size of Mount Olympus Mons. I couldn't even begin to imagine how high it is and how difficult it would be to climb. I take it easy while riding on Fie's back, but even I can tell that this climb isn't easy. Slippery trail. Cold weather. Poor lighting. This alone takes a toll on us, so a climb that's ten times higher than this mountain should be at least ten times harder.

As we approach the place mentioned in the forest, a woman of Auntie Amleth's age appears, wearing a white hijab. She looks friendly. Her eyes are dark brown, difficult to see in this weather. Her body is large for a lady of her age. She's wearing a baju kurung, a strange outfit for someone who's in a mountain. Surrounding her is a dead goblin.

"My goodness, look who I found. It's been a while, Randy" [Khamisah].

"Ms. Saga! So the strong lady is you!?" [Randy]

Miss Saga! As is the SS rank adventure, aka the strongest adventure, aka the one who takes care of Nar and Sas bavk then! We all couldn't believe it, but Randy wouldn't confuse someone as important as her. No, more importantly!

"You're brother Nar and Sas Elder Sister, that means you're my elder sister as well!" [Diana]

I greet her energetically.

"Brother Nar and Sas? My goodness, I didn't know they were adopting someone so cute. Is what she's saying the truth?" [Khamisah]

"Yes. She's their only little sister, a jewel of Amleth" [Randy].

"Then you are my little sister. Mine telling me your name?" [Khamisah]

"I am Diana! This is Fie" [Diana]

"!" (Diana... Her face, it's just like Dana! Even the name is the same... Could it be... Dana is no longer in the mountain, she's probably headed for the city, 

I should confirm it as soon as possible) [Khamisah]

2