Chapter 124: Fight in the devil king castle part 2
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A hero and the party set out on a quest to defeat an evil that has spread throughout the land. A dashing horse is taken by the head knight, while his companion follows his lead. With each step, they march forward, relentless yet cautious as they step in to bring down the evildoers.

"Cool! You're like a hero in the play!" [Diana].

"Thank you, it saddened me that I couldn't see the play performed by Diva Vita herself. I heard that you helped her, right?" [Head Knight]

"That's right! You should definitely come and see it! You are all invited!" [Diana]

"It will be my honor to do so!" [Head Knight]

"Captain, if we make it out alive, you should buy us a ticket to see their performance!"

"I've seen it, it really is brilliant!"

"So I am not mistaken! You really are the little kid next to the new rising star Neloufa! Your help in the performance was great"

"If that's the case, I promise you all, including the adventurers, that if we win this battle, I will book a ticket for each of you!" [Head Knight]

"Yay!"

"I'm motivated!"

"Let's go, go, go! I'll make sure Miss Vita and Neloufa give their best!" [Diana]

"Alright, that's enough, you guys are too close to her!" [Nar]

"But we are getting to the fun part!" [Diana]

"You're a young noble lady, you have to mind your manners, isn't that what the head maid is always reminding you of?" [Nar]

"Boo..." [Diana]

(Someone overprotective)

(So that's the hero Nar... He's overprotective of his little sister)

With that, my fun time playing with the horse comes to an end, as the horse whinnies sadly as I am forcefully led away by my big brother. I wave goodbye to the horse as it continues to neigh, saddened by the fact that there is now a 5 meter distance between us. A distance so short and yet so far.

"Oh... this is strange... Usually calm and composed, I guess he took a liking to you" [Head Knight]

"Really? Do you want to follow me back to Amleth, Mr. Horse?" [Diana]

"Neigh" 

"I see. Well, that's okay. You must really love your master." [Diana]

"Meow!" [Fie]

"Right! I love you too, Fie!" [Diana]

"Wow... You really are able to communicate with animals and the forest without breaking a sweat. I can't believe my little sister is so talented" [Dana]

"Even modern elves have trouble doing that." (I guess her blessing is far superior to Amleth's) [Khamisah]

"Never fail to impress me" [Sas].

"We've seen it several times, but it's still amazing" [Kat].

"True. Even Elegast can't hold a candle to her" [Randy].

The forest cooperates with us. I don't know the spell to shorten the distance between two destinations through the forest like Mr. Hanging Treant does, but I can at least tell the forest that we're all on a quest to stop the evil false Hydra and the Imperial Soldier, and so the forest gives us its permission. The tree shades cools us on the way. Warning us of monsters ahead. Even gives us fresh delicious watery fruit when I ask. Of course, seeing this, the others can't help but want to try it as well. The usually long and arduous journey made easier by the cooperation of flora and fauna.

A small spider, flying down from the sky, greeted me. It landed nicely in the palm of my hand! This black colored spider is a little bigger than my palm! It's so cute! Look at it! There are numerous baby spiders on its back! 

"Hmm? I see. I see. Don't try too hard. Run away if you have to. I'm sure we're all capable of taking it down." [Diana]

(Got it. We spiders will be next if you don't help, so we'll be happy to lend you some helping legs!) 

"Helping legs. Ahhh! I get it! You're good at jokes, Mrs. Spider!" (Diana)

"Diana, is that poisonous spider saying anything?" [Dana]

"That's right! She said that there are orcs ahead who are under the spell of the false hydra. There are about 50 of them. I'll go ahead and make sure the spiders don't overexert themselves" [Diana].

"This is dangerous! I'll go with you!" [Head Knight]

"Are you out of your mind! I'm not going to let my little sister go off with some random guy!" [Dana]

"Second that!" [Nar]

"Third that!" [Sas]

"Fourth. I'm the fourth!" [Diana]

"Did you even know what they were talking about?" [Kat]

"No idea, but it sounded fun" [Diana]

The Head Knight seems nervous. I don't know why, but Dana is angry with him. I don't sense any malice coming from him. If anything, Dana looks like the scarier one of the two. Even Nar come and start to support Dana. They seem to get along well. The other knights and adventurers just laugh when they see what's happening. Since I am worried about the spiders, Fie and I went first. Khamisah and Sas effortlessly follow Fie from behind. 

"Ooh! The spider has started its attack!" [Diana]

"Meow! [Fie]

"Right! Trap those orcs! That way the spider won't get hurt!" [Diana]

Fie started to use the earth spell and made a hole underneath them, just the right size for them to get stuck. Spiders from the size of my palm to a giant spider attack the orc continuously. Of course, these orcs are monsters, so they still have the upper hand in this fight. Sas quickly casts a wind spell from above with his wand, shooting it carefully so that the spiders don't get hurt. Khamisah, on the other hand, uses her fist to smash her way through. Smashing, punching, kicking, even elbowing and kneeing the orcs one by one! Strong! Khamisah is much too strong! It's not like Nar's aura or Randy's berserk state! If anything, it's just your everyday physical enhancement spell pushed to the max!

As the battle comes to an end, the others have arrived. While the others are surprised that the battle ended so quickly, only Nar, Dana, and Randy seem unperturbed. In fact, I can read their faces that say "as expected". 

"You really are strong! Even with Sas's fast-firing wind spell, you actually took out most of the orcs!" [Diana]

"Not really. I'm slower and weaker compared to my prime. Besides, Sas is holding back a lot to avoid blowing up the whole forest" [Khamisah].

"That doesn't make it any less impressive" [Sas].

"And here I am doing nothing at all" [Diana].

"It's okay. Just save your mana and your stamina. You're the key to helping us fight the false Hydra" [Nar].

"You heard the hero, soldier, whatever happened, I remind you once again to give it your all and protect her!" [Head Knight]

"RIGHT!" 

2