Prologue
86 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A devastated city slowly drifted in space. The majority of the buildings had been destroyed and made uninhabitable, the great walls surrounding the city had been torn down. Some buildings were still burning while others had been reduced to smoldering embers. Amid all the destruction, a lofty tree in the city center stood out as the only place left undamaged.

At the base of this tree, a few thousand beings had gathered. They were what remained of the city’s once great population. Demons, Dragons, Angels, Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Beastmen, and many other unknown races could be seen amongst them.

With the battle having ended just minutes ago everyone’s Magic Power was still leaking out unconsciously. Their individual leaking Magic Power showed that they weren’t beings to mess with individually much less as a group.

Five beings in particular stood out even among all those gathered. The others had given them a wide berth as the Magic Power leaking from them was too oppressive for the others to handle.

One of the five people, a woman stepped forward to the tree. She was taller than most women with long silvery hair. Her eyes were dark green and her long pointed ears betrayed her origins. The white robes she wore had an image of a leaf embroidered on the left shoulder. “Old Tree, all of us have gathered,” she said looking at the tree.

“Since the founding of our city, we have taken part in thousands of wars and been sieged many times but we had never lost. This time, our battle against The Okloqir Alliance was different, they brought an army of 50 billion accompanied by a group of 30,000 Gods and Ascendant Mages. Their goal wasn't just our wealth but to completely massacre this city’s inhabitants.” said an aged voice directly into the minds of everyone present. “In regards to this, I have come to a decision.”

“Decision? What decision?” the woman asked the question in everyone's mind.

“Kill all the Gods and Ascendant Mages that took part in this massacre.” the aged voice once again was heard in everyone’s mind. “Erolith, Indron, Kagron, Seraphiel, and Alexander stay behind, the rest go now.”

In the blink of an eye the entire group disappeared leaving behind only five people. They stood there in silence waiting for Old Tree to speak.

“I have devised a way to finally get stronger after all this time.” Old Tree started. “Although it’s extremely dangerous. Should it fail, it will probably take me hundreds of thousands of years to recover.”

“Then don’t do it Old Tree.” Erolith, the Elf, was the first to speak up. “We five are enough to protect-”

“No, you’re not.” Old Tree cut her off. “After me, Alexander is the strongest here and he was killed a dozen times.”

Alexander shrugged his shoulders and said “But don’t forget Boss, I killed a couple thousand of those bastards in return.”

“Yet we still failed to stop the massacre.” Old Tree said. “We were too weak to stop an attack of this scale and it won’t be the last time something like this happens. The number of worlds is infinite with countless being created and destroyed every day. We all need to continue getting stronger to protect our home and our people.” Old Tree paused for a moment to let his words sink in before continuing. “While I’m gone I want you five to stay here on standby, ready to provide assistance to anyone who’s in need of it. We’re Immortal, not invincible. Do I make myself clear?”

With no other choice they nodded their heads.

Seeing their confirmation Old Tree disappeared from the remains of Evergreen City.

1