Chapter 5: Shinonome and her friends
44 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I know it had been a month since I last updated. I don't even want to remember about last month because many stressful things happened that I had to stop writing for a while. However I didn't abandon this story. I'm back now and hopefully will continue to write this story as per usual.

Shinonome Nanami:

"Nanami!", Akari yelled at me when I was returning to class from our lab. 

Akari, the smart blonde girl, was one of my most reliable friends in the high school. She was also the most beautiful girl in our class, though she would never admit it. She also had a record of rejecting every guy who had confessed to her. 

"What is it, Akari?"

She came close to me and whispered, 

"Hey, did you notice Rinko today?"

I immediately looked at Rinko, who was sitting lonely on her seat. Rinko was also one of the cutest girls in our class. She had dark long hair, and wore glasses.

"What's with Rinko?", I asked Akari.

"She was different since today morning. I wonder if something happened to her."

"Didn't you two go to karaoke last day with others?"

"I didn't exactly notice her mood that time. Let me recollect... did something happen that time?", Akari tried to remember what happened last day.

After thinking some time, she said, "Nah... I can't remember... wait, she was looking a little embarrassed while going home... something surely happened in the karaoke."

"Embarrassed? Is it because of a guy?", I took a complete wild guess.

Akari's eyes flashed up! And it was a red signal for me.

Oh no... I shouldn't have said it... Akari is a type of girl who may not have a slight interest in her own love story, but definitely have a lot of fun snooping into other people's love stories.

"You know, Nanami? I think we got a big job in our hands...."

"Don't you dare, Akari. I think we should leave her alone.", I tried to stop her.

"Come on! I have figured it out. We should definitely help her out if it's really about a boy."

"Then go yourself. I don't wanna join."

There's no way I wanted to get involved in other's personal matter. However, Akari was having none of my complaints. She grabbed my arm and forced me to come with her.

"Hey, Rinko!"

"Whoa!"

Rinko was naturally surprised when she saw two of us standing behind her.

"You are looking very tensed for some reasons, Rinko?", Akari asked with a smile.

"Oh, not at all, Akari-chan! By the way, what are you and Nanami-chan doing here?"

"Nanami told me that you're probably upset because of a guy."

"What the hell! When did I say that, Akari?", I tried to protest but that was of no use. Akari completely threw me under the bus.

However, Rinko's face totally reddened in embarrassment as soon as Akari said that. Akari seemed confident as if she hit the nail.

"Come on, Rinko. Tell us honestly. Nanami was correct, wasn't she?"

"W-Well...", the embarrassed Rinko couldn't answer.

"I get it. It's definitely true. So which guy is it?"

Rinko didn't say anything but she opened her phone and showed us a picture.

"Oh oh... I see. Wait, I remember now, that guy was in the karaoke last day, right?", Akari instantly figured out.

"Y-Yeah.", Rinko answered.

"S-Scary...", I mumbled.

As someone, who is always scared of boys in general (apart from Mitoma-kun), I found the picture of the guy really scary. It was probably due to my own fear though. It had nothing to do with the guy's image.

"Eh? Nanami-chan, did you say something?" (Rinko)

"Ah no! I didn't." (Nanami)

"No, you said the guy looks scary." (Akari)

"Akari! Shut up for once." (Nanami)

At that moment I looked at Rinko and she.... was staring at me with a shocked expression. She then looked back at her phone and said,

"Kamada-kun... may look like that... but he's a very good guy... please don't ever say anything bad about him, Nanami-chan."

Within a moment, I was feeling extremely guilty. I instantly began apologising to Rinko, lowering my head.

"It's not like that, Rinko! You know, I fear boys right? It was nothing to do with Kamada-kun at all. It was due to my personal problems. I was really ignorant and said something completely wrong and disrespectful!"

I said everything I could to make Rinko understand that it was not my intention to hurt her.

"Please forgive Nanami, Rinko.", Akari tried to help me. "Nanami doesn't even have the courage to talk to the boys in our class. It's completely normal that she finds Kamada also scary."

Rinko finally seemed to have calmed down. Akari then proceeded to ask some more questions to Rinko about that guy and what happened last day.

So here's the short summary of what Rinko explained....

Fujimiya Kamada was a first year student from our nearby school. Rinko liked him. It was not a love at first sight though. Rather, she liked him since last semester. They often see each other every day while going home. However, she never had the courage to confess to him. She also prepared a letter for him but never gave him.

Last day, she coincidentally met him in  the karaoke and there she got desperate. And at the time of leaving, she shoved the letter in his hand and disappeared. 

"I'm soooooo stuuupidddd!"

Rinko got even more embarrassed after remembering what she did.

"Don't worry, Rinko.", Akari tried to console her. "My sixth sense tells me that if the guy finds you cute and likes your love letter, then he will himself come to you and accept your confession."

"Eh? Really, Akari-chan?", Rinko seemed to have gathered a little bit of hope. She continued, "But if he didn't like it, then?"

"Umm... If he doesn't like it, he will obviously not come. And I don't think you should chase him anymore. You will find loads of boys anyway.", Akari firmly told her.

"I see... but it would be awkward whenever I see him on my way while going home from now on... I didn't want this...", Rinko once again got depressed.

"Jeez this girl...", Akari sighed in disappointment. She then looked at me and indicated me to console her too.

"Umm... Rinko. Don't be upset already. After all, he didn't reject you yet, right? You may meet him on your way today as well. And I think he will accept your confession.", I tried my best to cure her depression. 

"Yes, Rinko. Who knows he may be waiting for you right now on the way haha... wait, Rinko look!", Akari suddenly stopped while looking at the window. 

"What happened, Akari-chan?"

"Isn't that your Kamada there?"

"Eh?!"

Both Rinko and I looked outside. There was a scary looking boy (scary to only me probably) waiting outside our school gate. Rinko froze when she recognized the boy. She suddenly grabbed both my and Akari's shoulders. 

"Nanami-chan! Akari-chan! What should I do?! I'm so nervous!"

"Haha don't worry. Didn't I tell you? If he's here, that means he has accepted your confession.", Akari assured her.

"Eh? Are you really sure?"

"100%. Trust me, no boy would ever come all the way here to reject you."

Akari seemed super confident but I was having some doubts. Anyway, the scary guy (sorry Rinko) was not alone. He was accompanied with two other guys. I didn't look at them closely until now. But I finally noticed it...

"Eh... Mitoma-kun..."

Mitoma-kun is here! Is he waiting for me? But he never came to my school before. Are the other two guys his friends?

At that moment the school bell rang...

"Yahoo! Let's go Rinko. Your dear Kamada is waiting for you."

Akari was teasing Rinko as usual. However I didn't wait for them and ran down thr stairs as soon as possible.

3