Pacifying the Elders
831 9 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Han Cai thought for a while, then spoke, "master, the flute told me its consciousness was hurt. It was very weak. It told me it needed to recuperate. It asked me to look for a song that would help it recover,"

Han Cai spoke it with a straight face. Actually, the flute did communicate with him and told him it was hurt and needed to recuperate, but it was only that. Han Cai told them about the song, so they would give it to him if the Sect had this heart of the world song that was needed to help the flute.

Sect master asked, "What Song?"

Han Cai replied, "The Flute said the song name was.."

Before Han Cai completed his sentence, he felt the fear again, that dreadful suffocating fear. If he spoke the song's name loud, he would be f***ed.

Han Cai immediately stopped. He got himself together and spoke again, "Forgive me, master, for some reason, I am not able to recall the name of the song flute told me its consciousness is very weak, will not be able to communicate with me for a while."

Sect master and Elder Dongmei noticed how Han Cai shivered and changed the topic. They guessed there must be some secret related to this earth-grade weapon. Probably fairy chang left some message for the wielder. They decided not to push the subject. They were just pleased that Han Cai was fine. If the flute was an earth-grade treasure, then for them, Han Cai was their celestial-grade treasure.

Fairy Su of the pill hall said, "So this earth-grade treasure is damaged?"

Han Cai nodded.

Treasure hall elder's eyes glowed, and he spoke, "So, Now you can communicate with  spirits of treasures?"

Han Cai thought, are you nuts? I fainted, trying to talk to one.

Han Cai shook his head and said, "I don't know. This was my first time talking to a treasure spirit".

The elder of treasure hall probed, "What did you do that made the flute spirit decide to communicate with you."

Han Cai thought for a while, then answered, "Instead, trying to subdue and imprint. I asked it if it was doing ok."

The Elders thought,  Could it be that simple?

The elder of the treasure hall asked, "why did you not try to subdue it forcefully?"

Han Cai answered, "Forgive me, elder, but my cultivation is only Qi condensation level. How could I dare to subdue earth-grade treasure forcefully beside its flute, not a spear? Why should we force it."

Curious, the elder of the treasure hall asked, "why did you ask if it was doing ok? "

Han Cai was getting irritated by this naggy elder, but he decided to bear it, he had just taken away earth-grade treasure with no effort. It was only reasonable that they would try to get as many details on how it happened.

Han Cai responded, "isn't it common courtesy to ask how you are doing when we meet someone."

Elder Domei laughed out loud. Even though the Han Cai approach was very different, it was so simple. Elder Dongmei responded, "It is a good learning moment for us elders. You don't need to have a forceful approach, sometimes asking nicely could help too."

The Sect master nodded. He got up, bowed to all elders, and said, "I thank all the elders for gifting my disciple such a precious treasure."

His intentions were very clear. Now, this treasure belongs to my disciple. Just let it go. All the elders smiled and nodded. Now the treasure was already gone. There was no need to cry about spilled milk. So they rather act magnanimously.

The elder of the martial hall probed, "Han Cai, your cultivation and martial growth undoubtedly very fast. If you don't mind, what do you think is the reason for your accelerated growth? Maybe it could help the disciples of my martial hall too. What do you think might be the reason for it."

Han Cai thought about it seriously. These guys gave him such a nice treasure. He should answer sincerely and try to gain more benefits from them.

Making an honest face as much as possible, he spoke, "It's the spirit stones. For some reason, I am able to absorb Qi in spirit stones, and whenever I absorb it, my cultivation and technique both improve without any trouble. The more I have, the faster my cultivation grows."

All the elders almost fell down. What the heck was that? When anyone uses spirit stone and absorbs it, their cultivation grows. It was only natural; obviously, the more they had, the faster their cultivation will grow. What is this kid talking about?

Elder Dongmei guffawed out loud hearing this and spoke, "You numb nuts, are you really Elders of my Sect? He means that his cultivation will keep growing as long as he has spirit stones. Unlike you incompetent bunch, he does not need to worry about bottlenecks. If I give you all my spirit stones, can you guarantee you will break through the next level?"

The realization dawned on all the elders. Unlike them, this was a celestial talent he might never see a bottleneck in his whole life.

Elder Dongmei looked at Han Cai with a wide smile. "Am I right, Han Cai?"

**************************************************

Author's Note:

Webnovel offered me a contract so I might not be able add chapters here. I thank everyone for support and positive comments. If you like you could check out further chapters on webnovel.

13