Chapter 108 – A very high reward.
2.3k 16 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a long time walking through the forest and suffering some attacks from monsters, we left the forest safely. It was very annoying to walk at a normal speed throughout this forest as it was full of mosquitoes and humidity was very high, it was not a pleasant feeling to walk around this place.

In addition, this amount of vegetation drove me crazy, thankfully that I could see the monsters with search magic, otherwise we would be attacked several times without me realizing anything, again that this thing was useful.

"We're almost there, thank goodness." It was Eleonor who released that voice of relief, she seemed the most relieved person here after me, well, the other girls also seem very relieved but they didn't show that much.

"First, let's go to the guild, then we'll go to your house." I said so convincingly that I was feeling leader of a group, maybe at the moment I am exactly that, but I don't want to be a leader, it makes me uncomfortable.

"Okay, I hope it will be quick." Eleonor protested again.
Well, I don't think it will be that fast since they've been gone for so long and they'll need to tell everything that happened to the guild master, I'll also have to tell you a lot that happened, I feel bad just thinking about it.

He could just let us go, because this is going to be boring.

It's not yet dark, but it won't be long before it starts to get dark and I want to get to the girls' house before that happens because I want to enjoy it a little. What's the use of going to their house if I'm just going to sleep? I want to do something with them, like a slumber party.

'Now I'm like a child.' I thought as I approached the city gate, and the girls followed behind.

When we passed through the gate, the same guard as always was there, and he seemed very relieved to see the girls, but they just ignored him and we went to the guild, I feel a little bad for him, but whatever.

"Lets go in." I was at the guild door, and I felt someone watching me from a distance, but I still didn't care and I joined the guild with the girls.

Several looks came towards us, and after a few seconds, many adventurers started screaming with happiness and some started giving money to others, wait a minute, were they betting that they would come back alive? I need to have a conversation with these people.

'They're all drunk, better not to mess with them.' I hate talking to drunk people, I think it's best to ignore them and go without saying anything.

"So you brought them in as promised, it looks like we chose the right person for this job." Suzan arrived talking like a game's NPC, so I just replied, "I want to see the guild master as soon as possible." As I was in a hurry, I didn't even think about Suzan's feelings, I'm sorry.

"Okay, follow me." Suzan went up the stairs and I followed behind, and of course Cibely, Eleonor and Clevina were coming with us, they are the most important thing here right now.

It's a little wrong to call it a "thing" but they are the most important people in this rescue mission, of course, since they are the people I rescued.
###############
We arrived at the door of the guild master's room and Suzan knocked on it, after a few seconds the guild master allowed us to enter. He should have let us in faster, isn't that important?

"As promised, I brought them." The guild master was still very surprised at what he was seeing there, it seems that he cannot believe that I managed to bring the three girls with me.

"I see, how did you find them? I need to know everything." As I thought, he wanted to know everything that had happened, so I just started talking about everything that happened, there is no reason to hide anything here.

I told how I was looking for them in the forest for a long time and ended up being attacked by a monster. I didn't mention which monster it was, because I want to look for a better time to talk about this giant worm.

I also said that I met Cibely a little later, but I didn't mention that I healed her, I don't want to "spread" my healing skills, if I do I will have some problems.

Can you imagine a lot of people coming to me expecting me to cure some disease? That would not be pleasant.

After that I also said that I met the other two girls inside an old house in the forest, but again I didn't tell him about Clevina's injury, basically I told the story but omitting many things.

"So this is what happened, I'm glad you are all well." The guild master seemed genuinely relieved, it seems that he cares a lot about these girls. Well, they seem to be very respected adventurers in this city, I think they are very strong compared to most of them.

"Can we go now?" I wanted to leave soon, but the guild master stopped me and then threw a bag full of coins on his table.

I looked at that money and was a little surprised, I didn't think he would give me money to save people that I would already save anyway, but if he is going to give me money, I cannot deny it, the more money the better.

After taking the money, I looked inside the bag and inside there were 10 gold coins and 8 silver coins, but what the hell is this reward, isn't it a lot of money? I never thought the guild would give such a high reward to a novice adventurer.

Seeing that amount of money, I approached the guild master and said to him in a low voice, "Is that really right? Isn't there a lot of money here?" But after hearing my question, he just laughed and then said he was right.

'Well then, let's enjoy it.' I took 4 gold coins from the bag and gave them to the guild master. He was a little confused for a moment, but I just said, "I want you to send this to the Capital and have this money delivered to Emily, okay?" I gave instructions to them.

I was almost out of time to send the money to her, I'm glad I got it on time.

 

****************

BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/NovelsIgor

*****************

Daily chapters?
  • Yes Votes: 80 56.7%
  • No Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Maybe Votes: 54 38.3%
Total voters: 141
56