Chapter 121 – Travel with a disgusting nobleman.
2k 8 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while, I was upstairs in the guild master's room. I didn't feel like talking to him, but I had to do it, I could only receive his mission.

It must be a somewhat critical mission for me to need to talk to him to receive her, I am not enjoying any of this, I am sure it will not be a pleasant mission to do, and if I accept, I can regret it.

"So, what's the mission?" I didn't even wait for the guild master to speak anything, I preferred to ask.

I'm sure that if he started talking first, he would start talking about something that is not relevant, so it is always better to get to the point in that situation.

"You are quick, let me explain to you, when I finish the explanation you will say whether you accept it or not, but I think it is a good mission, you will probably accept it." The guild master seemed confident that I would accept this, well, so it must be an easy mission to do.

But from then on, his explanations started a little long. I don't know why he took so long to explain something so simple. The mission is as follows. I have to escort the mayor of the city.

I know that to some people, it seems like something very grand, but I don't care if he is the mayor of the city or something. For me, he is an ordinary person.

It seems that the mayor of that city needs to take a painting to another town. It is a gift for another nobleman. Well, it's something that involves nobility, so I was close to refusing.

But just a few words were enough to make me accept: "The reward will be excellent, you can be sure of that." An excellent reward? It can't be more significant than the reward I got for saving the girls, can it?

If the reward is higher than that, I need to accept this. I may be being a little greedy, but for now, I need to save as much money as I can, I can't deny a school assignment that will make me a "fortune."

"It is a job for the nobility. You promise me that you will not try to do anything against me, right?" As it was something involving the nobility, I was afraid that something like this could happen.

Maybe they will try to put me in the middle of forced marriage, or perhaps they will try to force me into something more, if they try to force me into a marriage or try to do something against me if I fight back, they will be the victims, I'm sure of this.

So I don't want to be framed by nobles, so I want to know what kind of person the nobleman I'm going to escort is.

"Well, he's a tough guy to deal with, but I don't think he's going to do anything against you." The master had a forced smile on his face, and when I looked at Suzan, who was beside me, she just turned away.

It seems that he is a complicated person, can I risk it?

"If you are going to accept, now is the time, because you will leave the city tomorrow morning if you agree.

What? Do I have to decide now? I thought I would have some time to believe, but it looks like it won't be like that. Well, I'm just going to accept that, as I said, no one can arrest me here if I do something against him.

But I'm going to avoid taking his head off as much as possible if he does something.
"Okay, I'm going to get ready for tomorrow." When I answered this, the guild master smiled broadly and said, "I knew I could count on you." It seems that he needed me for this.

What the fuck, is there no other qualified adventurer in this city?

But if I'm going to be able to earn any money from it, that's fine with me.
##############
The next day I was ready to travel. It looks like it would be three days to go, and three days to go back, it's not a very long trip, but it's also not too short.

It seems that we are going to the city of Mephey, it appears to be a governed city also by a baron like this, and it is also a very prosperous city for what the guild master said.

The master also said that the nobleman there is better than the one in this city, well, I hope so. Well, I'm not going to have contact with him in any way, I'm just going to escort the nobleman from that city over there.

But leaving that aside, when I left the guild yesterday, I made some preparations, prepared water for myself, and also bought a lot of food and left it in my storage.

Since the food does not spoil here, it is delicious, especially for travel.

"Now I have to go to the guild. I hope this trip is not so bad." I was heading towards the exit of the inn, but one person said from behind.

"Hey, don't die." It was Clara, and it seems that she cares a little about me.

"Of course, I'm not going to die, you idiot." I smiled at her and then left the inn and headed for the adventurers guild.

During the whole trip, I was trying to imagine what the nobleman would be like in this city. Still, it was not so hard to believe what he would be like, I was just overthinking, since when I arrived at the adventurers guild, he was already there in his carriage.

The carriage was huge, it was the carriage worthy of a nobleman, and after seeing people looking at him with disgust, and seeing his appearance, I was sure he was that kind of nobleman.

This trip will be shit.

 

***********

BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/NovelsIgor

**********

50