Chapter 133 – A nice city?
1.8k 3 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were already on the last day of the trip, and we were coming close to the city, but when I got closer, but a bad feeling came to my chest, I can see that things are not going to be good.

I may be mistaken, and that may be a proper city, but I still have my doubts, it may be that that city will never be forgotten if I get there.

'I hope I'm wrong because if that city is bad, I can imagine how many people are suffering.' Well, I'll only know when I get there, and it won't be long before that happens.

This trip went faster than I thought it would, the only thing that got me out of boredom was the fight with the ogres, but even so, it was good entertainment, if I didn't have that to get me out of boredom, I would have gone crazy.

But now is not the time to think about it, we are close to the city so we will have no more problems, what I have left now is just my expectations.

It is almost dark, so the city must be very close, and of course, it didn't take long for the city wall to start appearing, but there was something that puzzled me a little.

This was very different from the capital wall, or the city wall of Grenrok. The wall is shallow. Some monster could jump over it and end up causing deaths in the city, that alone made me shiver.

Also, the guards were not at the gate. It is as if they do not care who enters or leaves the city; it is a scene that I did not imagine having in this world since it is a world that is not peaceful.

I know that on earth, there were murders and the like, and there were also thieves, but here the scale of criminals is much larger, so it doesn't make sense for a city not to have protection against these types of people.

I didn't want to talk to the fat man or the coachman, but I had something significant to ask, so I decided to make an exception.

"Where's the security in this city? I don't see anything here that serves as protection, do people live in that place?" It didn't make any sense, so I was perplexed.

But even though they weren't angry, the two seem to have thought that, so they were slow to respond desperately.

"Well, I don't know anything about it; apparently, the mayor doesn't care about it." The fat man had a smile on his face. It seemed that this was a normal situation, and made it very clear that he knew what was going on here.

The coachman didn't even dare to speak, and it seems that I can take the nobleman's words as well as his, and that leaves me intrigued very much.

'A mayor who does not care about the safety of his city? Where have I seen that before? Is it some kind of corruption? ' That's for sure.

After thinking that the image of corrupt politicians that appeared in the daily newspapers came to my head, I believe that there is that in this world too, right?

Some nobles use their power to be able to have sex with various women like this fat man, and there must also be nobles who practice corruption for money or other types of things, I hope it is nothing extraordinary.

However, I had not come close to seeing the rot that was this city. I only went to see it when I passed through the main gate.
##########
When I passed through the gate, every part of the city that I looked at was horrible, the houses and shops were old and dirty, they were all made of wood, it felt like we were in the old west, it was a fantastic thing.

Surprising in the wicked sense, because these are terrible living conditions. I know that the streets of Grenrok are not paved, but here the situation is critical. In addition to holes, there is still a lot of garbage lying on the floor.

The people who passed by were all in dirty and torn clothes. It seemed that all the people were homeless. The quality of everyone's clothes was horrible.

Everywhere you looked, you could see children so skinny they looked like they were going to drop dead anytime, plus some are sitting in alleys and at the door of stores crying.

Some of them just seemed to cry because there is nothing they can do.

Not even adults seem to be able to eat correctly. Now I imagine these children who are probably homeless or something. They will die if they continue like this.

'But there is nothing I can do.' I just arrived in the city, and I already want to jump out of the carriage to help these people in some way, but I can't do that.

And as I looked at the states of the establishments and the people on the streets, I could see that I didn't lose my feelings, my heart was squeezing as I looked at these people.

With every minute I spent in that city I felt worse, and I started to feel even worse when I approached the mansion of the mayor of that city, at this moment I began to realize why the town was like that.

His mansion was huge. It was even more significant than the fat man's mansion in the middle of the city of Grenrok, his mansion could have twice the size and height, besides being all decorated and having a vast and well-kept garden.

I wouldn't be surprised if only this guy's mansion occupied 1/3 of the entire city, it was unbelievable, and it made me very angry.

'It looks like we have a corrupt one here.' Since I came here, I was almost sure of that, but they were confirmed.

I didn't confirm it before because this could be an impoverished city, but that's not the case, maybe I should interfere here in some way, but I have to think about it better.

Maybe what this fat man came to do here has something to do with it, I have to keep an eye on him, but first I have to go to some inn to stabilize myself.

'But is there a decent inn in that place?' I had my doubts about that.

51