Chapter 196 – What a strange person.
921 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, we woke up early and walked around the city and having fun until the afternoon, which was the time we set to meet at the brokerage, and of course, when we're having fun, time goes by very fast.

We went to the brokerage quickly as soon as the afternoon came, everyone was very anxious to look at the house, and I was one of those people, I can't wait to have my own house.

'Even though I've been rolling for so long, I still want my own home.' And I hope that this house will be chosen, I don't want to be looking for places to live anymore, and the price of this is very good.

It may seem like 40 gold coins is a lot, but there are houses close by that cost up to 100 gold coins, so I was very surprised when I saw the price and quality of this property, so this place has to be my home a from now on.

We walked through the streets of the prime area again while some people stared at us, and in a short time we arrived at the brokerage door, the place was empty like yesterday, it seems that few people visit this place.

I opened the door and the same man was there behind the counter, I can't forget, his name is Jorce, I have to look polite and I can't forget his name, I have to give a good impression to make sure I get this house.

But it makes no difference, if I pay they will be forced to give it to me, but it is better to treat him with respect since he is older.

"Good afternoon, Jorce," I said as I entered the building.

He was a little distracted but soon noticed us and replied: "Good afternoon, Larissa, I see you are back."

"Yes, is everything ready?" I went straight to the point.

"Yes, everything is prepared, excuse me that I will call Jarmine." Without knowing who this girl was, I asked, "Who is Jarmine?"
Jorce panicked for a moment and said, "Oh, sorry, it was my mistake, Jasmine is the girl who will take you home."

I should have known, she is the person who will guide us.

"Don't worry, I get it."

After that Jorce entered a door that faced a staircase and went up to the second floor, Lincy, Syl and I stayed downstairs talking while we waited for them to come down.

We were making a bet as to what the girl who would take us would be if she would be beautiful or maybe an arrogant person, we weren't sure what kind of person she was, but it was fun to do that.

'It doesn't matter to me, wait, I actually prefer that she is not an arrogant person and that she is preferably a fun person, our "tour" will be cool if she is a nice person.'
########
After some time waiting, Jorce came out of the same door accompanied by a girl, she was a very beautiful girl, but she also seemed to be a very serious girl, she seemed to be a very responsible woman.

She had short brown hair, and her eyes were also brown. She was wearing a very beautiful feminine suit, that suit suited her very well.

"This is Jarmine, she will serve as a guide for you." Another strange name, but I don't have to worry about that, I still couldn't believe that a girl like that was our guide, she was very young.

And in the same way, she didn't seem to believe that I was the person she would have to guide, because she was strangely looking at me, didn't you tell her what kind of person I was? You stupid old man.

But even though she looked a little surprised, she turned to me, bent a little with her hand on her chest and said: "Nice to meet you, my name is Jarmine, I'm a guide who works with the broker, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Ohh, so she's really polite.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Larissa. Don't mind my height and age, I realized that you were a little uncomfortable."

"Eh? Nothing like that, I wasn't bothered at all, I was just a little surprised. You are a customer, so I should treat you like any other customer." She started to despair a little while looking at Jorce.

"Okay, enough of that, let's get on with it." Jorce interrupted our conversation, making Jarmine swallow hard with his words, I think this guy is more important than I thought, she is even afraid of him.

We went to the counter and then he started preparing some papers, and after writing some things he handed them over to Jarmine.

"So, what is this?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing much, it's just information about the house, so it's good to leave that information with Jarmine as she will be going with you."

"Information about the house? Well, since she is a guide, shouldn't she already know everything about the house?"

Jarmine continued to look at the paper, but immediately began to speak: "I know this house, don't worry."

"But if you already know, why this role?"

"Well, it's nothing relevant, it's just the address, the value of the house, and also who owned the house, but I didn't need any of that," Jarmine said as he smiled.

Jorce, who was listening to everything, just sighed and said: "Since you know everything, you can move on, see you." Jarmine was a little surprised and replied, "Yes, sir." It even looked like she was a military woman, what a way to answer that.

Then we left the building and left Jorce behind.

When Jarmine left the building, she breathed a sigh of relief as she placed her hand on his chest, seeing I said, "Are you afraid of him?" She took a deep breath and said, "Of course I do, if I do anything he can fire me."

"But isn't he just the man at the reception?"

"Of course not, he's the owner of the broker, didn't you know that?" That sentence almost stopped me from walking, Lincy, and Syl who were with us also seemed quite surprised.

"Wait, why is the broker's owner at the reception? That doesn't make sense."

"Isn't it? I also don't believe he does that." She was loosening up a little now she was away from Jorce, she was also smiling.

"So that's why you act so seriously by your side."

"Yes, I prefer to act like that, I can't play games around him, he's a very serious guy and I might end up losing my job, so I prefer not to risk it."

"I understand."

I think I understand, but you don't have to be so scared.

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 206), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

34