Chapter 197 – Plumbing?
921 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time walking through the upscale neighborhood, we arrived in front of that mansion again, but this time we had the key to open it, in fact, Jarmine had the key, but I think you understood what I meant.

She opened the gate and we entered inside that wonderful backyard, it had a very beautiful green color in addition to some flowers scattered around the place, it would be possible to make a beautiful garden in this place.

Or maybe it will just serve as space for children to play, but I don't know if that is a good idea since we only have Syl who is a child and the rest are adults. Of course, I'm also an adult person, I don't want to participate in children's games.

"So I think I better start telling the story of the house, don't I?" Jarmine, who was walking beside us while we watched the garden, said this with great happiness.

She seems to be happy to know the history of this house.

"Will this story tells us why this house is so cheap? Or maybe it has nothing to do with it?" I asked curiously, this story she will tell maybe one of the reasons, and I'm sure it will be a horror story or something.

"Yes, there must be." I knew, of course, that story would be behind this.

But I don't think it's a good idea to start telling this story in this place, so I said, "I'm sure it's a horror story, so leave it to me when we're inside the house." I smiled at Jarmine and got a smile back.

Syl who was next to me took my hand and shook it, will you say that you are afraid of horror stories? You know, even though this is a fantasy world, I find it hard to have ghosts or something.

Lincy was acting aloof about it, she wasn't caring if it was a horror story or not, but I'm sure she'll be scared when the time comes, she'll definitely be scared.

"There, we're here." The front door of the mansion was very beautiful, a dark brown door with some details carved in wood, in addition to the iron rings used to knock on the door.

I don't think it makes sense to have this here, a person would have to go through the gate to be able to use it, so it's almost useless.

Jarmine took the key from her suit pocket and put it in the door, and with just one turn of the key, she opened the door.

She turned the handle carefully and opened the door, as soon as she opened the door I had a huge surprise, the mansion was even more beautiful inside. Perhaps it is more beautiful than Mephey's mayor's mansion.

'But it is also not a great merit, those pictures and vases made everything very ugly, all right, they were expensive, but it didn't give a pleasant look to the house.'

But this mansion was different, as soon as I opened the door, the lights that were coming in through the window illuminated the entire mansion entrance, and it was all very beautiful. Two sofas with a table in the middle, probably made to receive visitors.

There were also some very beautiful decorations around the room, in addition to the very beautiful white curtains that were on the window, the curtains were open so everything was lit up.

I bet everything looks better with the curtains closed.

And behind one of the sofas that were in the middle of the room, there was a staircase that led to the second floor, it was a staircase that went to both sides, so it gave a certain elegance, it was as if a staircase had become two stairs.

We haven't gone up yet and we continue downstairs, downstairs at the back of the stairs there were still two rooms, two rooms that were divided only by something that could be seen as a balcony or a small wall.

But on the one hand, was a dining room with a huge table for ten people, and on the other was the kitchen, so the dining room and kitchen were practically together, it's a little practical.

Then the floor below is the living room, the dining room, and also the kitchen.

I think it would be possible to set up something else downstairs, it still has a lot of space, but I can think of something better to do later.

"Do you want to go up to the rooms now?" Jarmine asked.

"One question, does the upstairs only have rooms?"

"Not only that, but there are also a few more things, come on, I'll show you."
########
We went upstairs and started checking all the doors, and there were a lot of doors, how many rooms are there in this house? I have no idea, but there are plenty of rooms, and I'm not complaining about it.

It had several simple rooms, but they all had a double bed and it also had a large closet and its own bathroom, and all of them had a table very similar to a desk, this is really cool.

Of course, the bathrooms in all the rooms were simple, but I had a surprise when I went into all the bathrooms, there was plumbing. There was no such thing as a shower, but the water was taken exactly to a bucket that was inside the bathroom by something that looked like a tap.

In all the inns I stayed in there was no such thing, besides that in the mansion, I lived in when I arrived here the water was also drawn from a well, do all mansions in the capital and big cities have plumbing?

But I'm not going to complain, this is great, this is really wonderful, I could never be happier.

But there was something that bothered me, how would the water get hot? Jarmine was surprised that I didn't know this system, and even Syl who was next to me seemed surprised that I didn't.

But I wasn't the only one here, Lincy didn't know how it worked, either, but it was very simple.

If I threw a little magic on that spout that looked like a faucet, the water would start to heat up, is it very simple, as I've never seen it before? And why isn't there anything like that at the inn in that city?

Well, there had to be plumbing first, maybe only rich people have access to it.

I asked Syl if she had this system in her house, she said there was, and I also asked why she didn't say anything when we showered at the inn with buckets, she just said that she didn't feel like saying anything and that she understood that only the rich could shower like that.

Wow, if you had told me that this system existed, I would have gone after an inn like this from the beginning, although I didn't really care about taking a shower that way, since I was never the person who got the water.

But now that I have discovered that there is plumbing in this house, I was even more willing to buy it, so I can take a hot bath without worry and without having to carry buckets or needing someone to do that.

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 207), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

32