Chapter 204 – The best store?
911 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that I said goodbye to Cibely and went back to the mansion, I found Lincy and Syl outside the mansion sitting at the table they had set there, but they weren't drinking tea, just sitting and talking.

As soon as I got to the gate, Syl looked at me and came running towards me asking what had happened, if I had found the girls, and what they thought of the news.

She's a very curious girl, isn't she?

But I just told her that only Cibely was at home, and we almost had an argument because of some things that happened, but it was no big deal. Even Lincy was worried when I talked about the discussion, but she didn't ask much about it.

It also wouldn't be good to start talking about what we discussed with everyone and also why it happened, they don't need to get involved in it, nor did I need to get involved.

'Now what do we do? Soon it will start to get dark. ' We had not yet prepared our rooms and we had not bought anything to eat, basically, we had no way to make dinner.

"Lincy, can I leave dinner for you? I'm going to buy some ingredients, there must be a food store nearby." As there was nothing, I would have to go out again to buy, I should have stocked ingredients before.

I only had a little meat in my storage, but it still wouldn't be enough.

"Don't worry, I'll take your place, you better get some rest." Lincy seemed to want to do that, but I don't think it would be a good idea, I still don't trust these people in the upscale neighborhood.

Anyway, I would have to let her do this for me at one time or another, I hired her as a maid, so this is her job, I will need to believe that nothing will happen.

"Next time I'll let you go alone, but we don't know exactly where the store is, we are all going together." It was the best thing I could think of now.

She didn't know where the store was, in fact, nor did I know exactly where it was, so she might be lost if she went after it, we better be all together.

"Okay, but I have to remind you that this is my job, right?"

"Yes, I hired you for that." I had thought of this before, but you have to understand that I am worried, I think I am worrying for a while, but it is still a valid concern.

"But if you're deciding to go together, I can't go against that." Lincy took a deep breath and didn't seem to be bothered by it.

"Okay, so let's go buy some stuff, when we get back we'll fix the rooms, I think it's good not to leave everything in my storage."

"Yes."

"I also think it is better to put everything in order in the closet."

The two agreed with me, so after we do the shopping, we will fix the cabinets, I think we will have a lot more jobs from now on.
#########
We started looking for nearby stores, and what else was there were clothing stores and also jewelry stores, but there was no place that sold vegetables or meat, I would like to know how the nobles survive?

Do they have any food suppliers? I certainly don't understand.

After searching for a while and giving up, I decided to leave the upscale neighborhood and go to the entrance to the city, in the same neighborhood that was the guild and also the clothing store that I bought what I was wearing now.

There is a place where there are a lot of shops, maybe it can even be called "Downtown" even though it is often frequented only by commoners and not nobles, but I think this is a much better place than any upscale neighborhood out there...

"I think it's even better here, look at how many options." Lincy started looking around in awe, she had so many options to buy there, vegetables, many different types of meat, and of course, there was also ready food.

But we didn't want that, so I started looking for a store that looked like a supermarket, that sold everything, and it was very easy to find, near that same clothing store, I found a small building with many vegetables on display.

In addition to some customers who were entering, it was a very busy store, I don't know how I never visited this place before, maybe I already passed in front of this place and I didn't even realize it, or it may be a new place, I don't know for sure.

Since it was a busy store, and also had ingredients that looked very good on display from the outside, I decided to go inside.

And as soon as I entered the store, I had a wide variety of items, from cleaning items to clothes, of course, there weren't many clothes since it wasn't just a clothing store, but that alone surprised me.

And there is no mention of the variety of meats and food items that I had in that place, it was like a little "Walmart" here, it was a great place.

The prices were also on display, and they were very good, I could buy a lot with just a silver coin, so we decided that this would be the place where we would make our purchase.

I looked around and I couldn't find anyone who seemed to take care of it here, Lincy continued to look at the items in the store but soon approached me.

"Where's the salesman? There doesn't seem to be anyone here." She also seemed to be looking for the seller, but she also found it.

"I don't know, the other customers are just looking, should we expect any of them to find the seller or store owner first?" As soon as any of them finds the seller, we will know who it is, they should be more used to this store.

"Maybe, we will take the opportunity to pick up the items we need, there are some baskets here." Lincy picked up a basket made of iron, it was identical to a shopping basket in an ordinary supermarket in my old world.

Then we started to get everything we needed, and Syl? She was following us without saying anything, but she seemed a little uncomfortable for some reason.

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 214), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

32