Chapter 209 – Finally I will meet you again.
963 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at the gate I found Sierg again standing there, since I climbed my rank and started going on missions daily, he stopped treating me like a child and is now treating me like a real adventurer.

"Is he going on another mission?" He asked as soon as I approached the gate, as he was always happy and with a smile on his face, I wanted to be like him, always with a smile on his face.

"Yes, I'll be back a little later." I moved on, hearing only his "Good luck", I had already gotten used to meeting him whenever I left town, it will be strange if one day I go out and he is not here.

But now I have to get away.

I started walking a little faster than normal to get away from the city, I wouldn't walk to the capital, I would have to use magic, and I don't think it's a good idea to use these spells near the city, someone could see me.

Then after a few minutes of walking, I looked around and realized that I had no one and was already a considerable distance from the city, I took a deep breath and again used magic to make me fly.

A great deal of wind started to surround me and sway the branches of the trees that were nearby, and soon after I could feel my body lighter and my vision getting higher and higher.

After leaving the ground, I gave as much impulse as I could with the magic towards the capital, with a very strong wind towards my face, I continued flying towards the capital of the city, it was an incredible speed.

All the way I could see monsters, carriages, adventurers walking on the roads and in the fields, villages with many residents. But because of the time I was in, I was not noticed by anyone.

The only thing that bothered me as I continued to fly at that speed, was the strong wind that hit my face, in addition to my dress swaying so much that it could be blown off at any moment.

So along the way, I created protection very similar to the barrier to protect me from the wind that came against my face, and that helped. My speed slowed a little because of that, but the speed was still acceptable.

My trip continued for a while, I enjoyed this trip very well, I could see many things that I normally couldn't see traveling in a carriage, and it was liberating to do something like that.

'I sure should do this more often, it feels so good.' I opened my arms and relaxed my whole body to enjoy that trip.
#######
After some time traveling, maybe not even an hour passed, I started to see the capital, the first thing that caught my attention was the huge castle inside the city, which was now rebuilt.

The city seemed to have gained more buildings in that time that I stayed away, in addition to the number of people that seemed to have increased.

I still hadn't gotten too close, but I could also see the number of guards they had around the city, I had 10 guards just to protect the gate, in addition to the several men in armor and swords in their waists walking around the city.

I soon realized that I couldn't just enter the city through the front gate, for sure if I did that something would go wrong.

'I will need to use this again.' I deactivated the barrier that was helping to contain the wind and then I activated the same invisibility magic that I used to help Syl, it would be better to enter without being seen.

After making sure that I was completely invisible, I approached the city at a reduced speed and passed over the city wall. I started to have a better view of the city, the population had even increased.

Several people on the streets, more food stalls than before, in addition to a large number of adventurers at the guild gate, here I can see the difference between a big city and a small city.

But it didn't matter now, I flew straight to the residential neighborhood and went to Emily's house, she had told me that she still lived in the same place, and I remember very well where it is from.

I was flying above the buildings so as not to attract anyone's attention with the wind that circulated me, so I could see everything that was happening around me. And because of that, I also saw things that I didn't want to see.

Hungry children in alleys, drunks, prostitutes trying to find clients in broad daylight, something I had never noticed before.

It seems that the bigger the city, the more problems arise. And the guards don't seem to care much about helping children and avoiding prostitution, which is a crime.

Speaking of prostitution, I don't think I'll ever forget that.

But out of respect for Emily, I prefer not to think about it too much.

I approached the residential neighborhood and things started to get even worse, more skinny children looking sick, some men lying with bottles of drinks beside them, and of course, prostitutes, but things here were even more evident.

And as before, security doesn't care about this place.

The houses are as I remembered, in a somewhat precarious state, even Emily's house was one of those houses. As soon as I saw her house, I slowly lowered myself, causing a large amount of land to fly there because of the wind, many people who were there at the time were frightened.

When I put my feet on the floor, still with my invisibility magic activated, I went to the door and knocked a few times. When I took the last hit, anxiety started to hit me, I was finally going to see her again after a few months.

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 219), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

31