Chapter 222 – And the drug reappeared …
734 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I entered the room, I found the guild master sitting while fiddling with some documents, his hair looked even whiter than the last time, surely he grows old fast, in?

 

"So, what would you like to talk to me about?" I asked as I sat in a chair in front of his desk, I didn't ask for permission, but I don't think he will care.

 

"Now, don't call me sir, you can call me Halhildi"

 

'Hal ... What?' But what a strange name, is he from some foreign country? It is the strangest name I have heard since I arrived in this world. On second thought, I still didn't know his name.

 

But even though I found his name strange, I didn't comment on it.

 

"So, Mr. Hal, how can I help you?" It would still take me a while to learn to speak that name, so I decided to cut it short, listening to this, the guild master strangely looked at me, but he doesn't seem to care so much about it.

 

"Suzan, could you please go outside? And make sure you don't let anyone near the room. This is a very important conversation." With the look of the guild master, Suzan agreed and left the room.

 

And after he was sure that she was already outside, the guild master began to speak.

 

"I heard about what you did, Mephey." He had a serious look on his face, and hearing him say that I was a little nervous: "Who did you hear about that from?" If I find that person, I will kill him.

 

"Ah, he was the master of Mephey's guild, only now I heard that he became the new mayor, this is incredible ... Who would have thought that a guild master could suddenly become a mayor ..."

 

"I do not know what you're talking about."

 

"No need to hide, he already told me everything, and I'm not going to condemn you for that, I think you did well to have killed that pig." The guild master had a smile on his face, is he really happy that that guy died?

 

"So, why did you call me here? Just to tell me that you support me?"

 

"None of this, if I say that I support you, I will be committing a crime, but I can only promise that I will not tell anyone who killed him. Do you have any idea what he did? He killed a nobleman, and he even put someone who is not a nobleman like the mayor of that city. "

 

"Yes, I understand that very well."

 

"And you're still hanging around with that man's daughter, what are you going to do if someone recognizes you? Especially now that you're living in the upscale neighborhood."

 

"I hadn't thought of that, it's really dangerous, is it?"

 

"You know, I'm still surprised that what you didn’t spread everywhere, you should be relieved by that." He seemed really concerned about me, I think I should be thankful for that.

 

And what he is saying is true, now we are living in the upscale neighborhood, surely some nobleman in this city has already met that man and knows that this girl is his daughter, if the Mayor of Grenrok sees her, I will have serious problems.

 

I need to be more careful from now on, don't I?

 

"Okay, I'm going to be more careful, and now, do you want to talk about something else? Or can I go now?"

 

"Now we get to the main topic, what do you tell me about it here." He stuck his hand under his desk, then lifted it, holding a small bottle with a red liquid inside.

 

"This is that drug."

 

"Okay, so you know ... And that's why you killed him, too, isn't it?" The guild master already seemed to know more about this than I did, I think it is a good idea to talk to him for a while.

########

 

"So, did you receive any more news from that little girl?" The fat nobleman asked the woman in front of him, the woman was looking at him coldly as if there was no feeling in her heart.

 

"Nothing, just what I said before. It looks like she got some people in your face yesterday, but that's it."

 

"I see. Do you have any more news about that man's daughter? I can't believe she took his daughter and is raising it as if nothing has happened." The man squeezed the arm of his chair, putting as much strength as he could, but he was so weak, his fingers hurt.

 

"I didn't get anything about her either, she spends most of the time at home with the maid, and also whenever I see her, she looks very happy."

 

"So even with her dead father, she's having fun, isn't she? What a girl without feeling she is, isn't she? Hahaha."

 

"I'm sorry to say that, but I don't think she likes her father after everything he did to her."

 

"You're right, that shit kept putting drugs on his own daughter, Hahahaha. He really is a horrible person." He looked happy laughing like that, making the woman in front of him look at him with disgust.

 

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to work."

 

"Okay, and next time, come back with more information." The nobleman waved to the woman and then watched her as she left the room, he was sure he had hired the right person for this job.

 

She already found out everything for me, how that girl killed Rubens bringing me a huge loss, and that even put the guild master as mayor. How stupid can she be?

 

But the only problem is that nothing was done even if I communicated to the queen, that old bastard doesn't seem to care about anything I say.

 

"If she doesn't care, she shouldn't have asked me to keep an eye on that stupid little girl."

 

Well, it doesn't matter, the more information I find out about this girl, the better it will be for me, so that old woman doesn't meddle in my affairs.

 

******

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 232), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Click on favorite button? :3 <3

23