Chapter 223 – Can you investigate this?
760 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the guild master took the drug from under his table, I started waiting for him to say something, but no words came out of his mouth, so I decided to say something: "So, why are you showing me this?"

 

Yes, I knew about this drug, but what could I do about it? I don't know exactly who makes this thing, I just know that the mayor of this city is involved in this.

 

"Hmm, I was just wondering if you have any more information for me about this drug since you got involved with Rubens." He really seemed to be telling the truth, well, just tell me everything I already know.

 

"Well, what I do know is that he used this drug on his daughter, so I helped her."

 

"Ah, that I already know, and I already know that Sebastian is involved in this, isn't he?" So he already knows that the mayor is involved in this, well, if he already knows about it, there's not much I can say

 

"I also know just that, I have no other information," I told the truth, I didn't get to investigate this drug again, in fact, I stopped caring about a while.

 

Seeing that I was telling the truth, the guild master sighed, he seemed frustrated that I didn't have any more information, but he still doesn't seem to have given up on getting new information.

 

"What do you say to investigate about this?" He held the drug in his hand again and started to swing while watching the red liquid inside. Investigate ... Hmm, it might be interesting.

 

I'm not going to say that I don't like playing detective, but now I don't have much time to do that since I need to get money.

 

Seeming to be reading my mind, the guild master smiled at me: "Of course, with every new information you get I will give you a reward." Hearing his words, I clenched my teeth.

 

"How much money are you talking about?" Seeing my curiosity, his smile increased even more: "How about ten gold coins for each new piece of information? And if you can do something on your own, the reward will be even greater."

 

Do something on your own, huh.

 

"Why are you asking this for me, and not for an A-RANK adventurer or something?" That was a plausible doubt, he is the guild master, he can get stronger adventurers to do this for him.

 

But with my doubt, the guild master sighed again.

 

"You are much stronger than an A-RANK adventurer, aren't you?" He looked at me, but I couldn't deny his statement, so he continued: "If I'm even saying that you can work this out on your own, it's because I know the extent of your strength."

 

He is not wrong, but even so, he is not a little hasty. What is he doing? He's not even sure about that.

 

"How can you be so sure that I am stronger than an A-rank?"

 

"Girl, how can you say that after moving up to Rank C faster than any other adventurer, bringing absurd amounts of monsters and also invading a nobleman's mansion without being noticed."

 

Yeah, he got me, a normal person would never be able to do that.

 

"Okay, you want me to do something about this drug on my own, don't you?"

 

"I didn't say any of that, I just want new information, resolving everything is just an option." He had a sarcastic smile on his face, I feel like rubbing his face on the table right now, but I will restrain myself.

 

"Okay, give me some time and that will be resolved." Even without being confident enough that I can do something, I ended up taking on this mission, I think I shouldn't have done that.

 

"I'll give you as much time as you need."

 

"I see, and can I ask you something?"

 

"Say it."

 

"Why are you so committed to ending this drug? Were you affected in any way?"

 

"I didn't go, but some of my friends were affected by it, so let's say it's a personal matter?" He didn't seem willing to talk about it much, so I just didn't ask any more questions about it.

 

"What do you think about getting in touch with the queen or some other nobleman about it? This scheme of them can end if the kingdom interferes, no?" I didn't want to get involved with the queen, it doesn't mean that other people can't.

 

"I already tried to do that, but there is no movement on the part of the queen, it seems that she does not care about any of this. Well, it is not affecting the economy of the country, so she does not care about it."

 

How is it not affecting? What about the state Mephey was in? Every moment I hate that old woman, even more, will anyone miss her if she ends up dying? I think I should give up on that idea for now.

After talking a little more with the guild master, I also ordered the drug and put it in my storage, he trusted me enough to hand it over to me without question, but what a stupid guy.

 

At least he is trusting the right person.

 

'Now, what should I do? Start investigating this immediately, or just take a new mission? '

 

######

 

After arriving in the main hall of the guild, this time Norm was already there attending the other adventurers, she probably left just to get some rest, should I greet her?

 

'No, let her work in peace.' After thinking about it, I decided to take a mission, I don't think it's worth investigating now, especially during the day, so it would be good to take a mission and do it before dark.

 

I started looking at the order board, looking for a C-RANK or B-RANK mission that I could do.

 

'Hmmm, that sounds a little interesting to me.' I took the paper from the guild wall and started watching.

 

*****

 

Mission - A hunt for black bears that are harassing the population of a village.

 

Level - B-RANK

 

Reward - 2 gold coins.

 

*****

 

Wait, what kind of big reward is that? That certainly interests me. Without thinking twice, I took the mission to the counter, this time I had to say hello to Norm, as Suzan seemed to be busy.

 

"Ara, good morning Larissa." She noticed me and greeted me with a smile on her face, she didn't even look like the expressionless person who was attending the other adventurers.

 

"Good morning, I would like to accept this mission." I handed the mission paper to her.

 

"Are you sure? This is a B-RANK mission, it can be very difficult. I recommend that you form a group-" Before Norm finished speaking, I prevented her from finishing her sentence and confirmed that she would do it alone.

 

She had no way to deny the mission to an adventurer, so she did all the preparation and also passed the place that I would have to visit. And then with a new, and apparently difficult, mission, I headed out of town.

 

******

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 233), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Click on favorite button? :3 <3

21