Chapter 229 – The three girls showed up!
760 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After proving that I had completed the mission, I offered two bear bodies to the residents. Hafrid didn't want to accept it at first, but since they needed food, he ended up accepting it.

I kept the last body and then went to the village chief's house, in this case, Hafrid's. Haikev had left his post and also came with us.

Why? Because I wanted to have an important conversation with the main residents and authorities of the village. I wanted to talk about cows and milk because I know they have these animals here.

I have never seen these animals in this world before, why do they have a cow right here? Even in bigger cities, I didn’t find milk and a cow, it’s good to ask the reason behind it.

We arrived at his house and went in, then Haikev went to the kitchen and fetched some cups of tea. After serving us, the three of us sat at a table in the center of his house and started talking.

I couldn't help noticing that it was a very humble house, it was already in a slightly precarious state, but it still looked better than the other residents' house. Well, he is the head of the village.

"Okay, I wanted to talk to you about those animals that you raise here."

"Hmm?" Hafrid was not understanding, but Haikev seemed to have understood my intention: "Do you mean the cows?" Haikev replied in place of Hafrid, so I started a conversation with him.

"Yes, I would like to get some milk, can I get it here?" Probably the milk would have the same name since the cow also had the same name as the animal I knew in my old world.

"Hmm, I don't know, we depend on it a lot, and we don't have a lot of cows either. I don't know if we can produce enough to give to people outside the village ..."

"I understand, but if I may ask, I would like to know why I didn't find any cows in other cities, is it a rare animal or something?"

"Well ... We can say that yes, this animal is only found in the capital of Slovika, so you wouldn't find one of these animals anywhere in Mabely."

"But it's weird, I can't even find milk, I would like to buy it somewhere."

"Hmm, this is strange, it is normal to import products." So maybe something will prevent them from importing milk for sale, maybe countries don't get along? If so, that's understandable.

Could they just start breeding cows here too, or maybe they need a specific place to live? No, they have cows here.

Well, countries probably don't get along.

"Can you raise cows easily in this place? Or do you need something specific to raise them?" If they are only created in this place and Slovika, there must be a reason.

"Yes, we receive some kind of 'special grass' every week to give it to them."

"Don't they eat any normal grass?" Cows are different from the ones I know.

"Yes, when I tried to give grass that we harvest outside the village, one of the cows ended up getting sick. When I asked our benefactor about it, he said that the cows ate only that special grass that grew in Slovika."

'Benefactor?'

That sucks.

"If I may ask another question, could I know how you got some of these animals? I need milk." I can already tell what they will answer.

"I'm sorry, a benefactor of ours ended up bringing these animals to us, he said to take care of them that these animals would give us food, so we ended up accepting ..."

"A benefactor, isn't it?" I imagined.

"Yes, we even thought about killing the cows to get meat as soon as they arrived, but when we found out they would give us milk and how tasty it was, we ended up not killing them."

Wait, so it's all dairy cows, I don't understand much about cows, but don't they need to be pregnant to produce milk?

"Sorry to ask, but don't these cows have 'childs'? And how long do you keep them here?"

"Hmm, if you ask me, it's been over three years, they've been here for a while. And they never got pregnant, why?"

Something is wrong, I'm sure cows need to have calves to start producing milk, so are these cows different? That would only make things easier for me, if I get some of these cows, I will be able to have infinite milk.

"It's nothing, I was just thinking too much. But now, leaving that aside, can you tell me where to find this benefactor who helped the village?"

"I'm sorry, he hasn't been in this place for about 2 years. He disappeared and we were unable to contact him."

"So how do you get the special grass?"

"We always receive on Thursdays. It is always brought by merchants."

"I see. And you still can't contact him can you?"

"We tried, but unfortunately it wasn't possible."

"No problem, thanks for answering that. And one last question, do you have any cheese here?"

"I don't know exactly what cheese is, could you tell me what it is?"

"It's a kind of white, slightly solid food made from milk, didn't you do anything like that?"

"Not that I remember, we normally use milk to do other things, we never made this cheese."

"Okay, so it's okay, I think now I'm going back to the city." Then I got up and left the house with the two of them.

"Okay, I hope you visit us sometimes, the kids seem to have liked you, since you ... well ..."

"I understand, I'm also a child, aren't I? Don't worry, I'll be back to visit."

After that, I said goodbye to everyone in the village and started walking. I would go a long way from the village to get a safe distance and activate my magics.

I could have asked them to sell me some cow or milk, but given the state the village is in, they need it more than I do. It seems that if I want milk, I will have to pay a visit to another country.

I've never done this before, what will the other countries be like?

#######

After getting far enough away, I activated my invisibility magic and my flight magic. Then I flew close enough to the city and deactivated the two magics, after that, I approached the gate walking normally.

The first person I met was Sierg, he received me with a smile on his face after I greeted him, I went straight to the adventurers guild.

When I entered, I was greeted by the looks of many people, including the looks of Suzan.

"Did something happen?"

"Well, do you know the girls who had talked about you before? They are here." Suzan looked a little uncomfortable, but I didn't care that they were here.

Now I could talk to them.

I finished the mission faster than I thought and they are already here.

I thought I would only find them during the night. Well, it's already afternoon and it's lunchtime.

"So where are they?" I couldn't see it, but after Suzan pointed to one of the guild tables, I noticed three small girls sitting.

I hadn't noticed them before as my vision was being blocked by the adventurers.

"Hey, before you go there, don't forget to be patient, they are just kids."

"Sure, I'll be sure to be patient. In a little while, I'll be back to get the reward for the mission I just completed, I'll talk to them for a while."

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 239), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

19