Chapter 231 – I shouldn’t help but …
1.2k 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, the three of us have been friends practically since we were born, we lived in a village near Grenrok, so we came to the city to become adventurous." Rena was the one who started telling the story.

 

"Just for that?"

 

"Our village has some financial problems, so we wanted to help." Wait, could that be it? This is very convenient, it is not possible.

 

"Does your village happen to be between some mountains and has a chief named Hafrid?" I asked curiously, if that were the case, it would be a huge coincidence.

 

But it looks like I was wrong.

 

"No, no, no, it's another village. We don't even have mountains close by." Reda denied and then continued: "Our village is just east of Grenrok, it is quite far, but we came by coach with the help of some adventurers. I should thank them for that afterward."

 

"I see... You have become adventurers to help your village, now I understand. It is a very noble reason, I thought you were just a few little girls who were trying to kill themselves."

 

"What? Is that what you thought when you looked at us? How rude!" Reda didn't look angry, she looked sadder. Well, what would a normal person think if he saw three young children going out to kill monsters? Of course, I would think they are trying to kill themselves.

 

"I'm just kidding. Are you really adventurous? I don't see any weapons." None of them even had a gun, so it was weird.

 

"Hmm, as I said before, we are in Rank F, so the only things we do are harvest missions and it was on one of those missions that we found you." Reda smiled, was she really smiling? What an idiot girl.

 

"Wait for a second, are you going to the forest without weapons at risk of encountering monsters?"

 

"Yea."

 

"Are you stupid? I never thought I would meet such stupid people in my life, you exceeded all my expectations."

 

"You're being rude again, I told you to stop it." The other two girls continued to look at our discussion without saying anything, they even seemed to be having fun with it.

 

"Okay, I'm kidding... But you know this is dangerous, don't you? Going around without weapons or anything you can use to defend yourself." I really wanted them to be careful, I wouldn't want to see three children dying like that.

 

Even if I don't care about them enough, I would still be a little sad if something like this happened.

 

"We know that, but we are saving money to buy weapons, I think we are almost getting it, right?" Reda looked at the two girls and they both confirmed, then she continued, "And don't worry, I can use some magic too."

 

Hmm, interesting, so she can use magic.

 

"I see, so let's go," I called the three girls and got up.

 

"Huh?" Reda looked confused, the other two girls were also acting equally.

 

"We are going to buy weapons and also test some of their magic, just wait for me to get my reward." I smiled at the three girls, Reda blushed at that and seemed to want to pass out, so her two friends held her.

 

Well, I know I shouldn't be helping them since I have something more important to do, but I can't leave them like this ...

######

After talking to Suzan and getting my reward, I waited for the girls to finish eating and left the guild together. Many people were looking at us curiously, as we were a group of children alone walking around the city.

 

"Reda, do you know any good places that sell weapons and armor?" I've probably been here longer than her and I don't know about it, I feel a little embarrassed. Well, I never needed a weapon and armor.

 

"Yes, we had already gone to look at a store before, so we were saving money. Do you want me to take you there?"

 

"Is it really a good place? If it is, I think we can go there."

 

"From what I saw, the weapons and armor there seemed to be of the highest quality, I think everything is fine."

 

"If so, I think that's fine." Then we walked through the capital, and after turning a few streets. We arrived at a place away from the main street, it was between several buildings and the street was narrow.

 

For a moment I thought I had entered a very dangerous place, but after a while, I could see that there were plenty of inns and a few smaller stores down this narrow street.

 

But they were also less busy and of lesser quality.

 

After walking for a long time, and also being attracted to many interesting stores, we arrived in a slightly larger building.

 

It had a large wooden door that was now open, and also a large plaque on the side with the handwritten words "Blacksmith." It looked like it was written by a child, but I could understand it.

 

From inside the building, I could hear the sounds of metal being hammered and also the voices of some men.

 

'Is it really okay to get in here?' I was really thinking it wouldn't be a good idea, but the three girls didn't even care, moved on, and entered the building.

 

Worried about them, I went in too.

 

"If it's not those girls, be welcome." When we entered the building, we were greeted by a tall, muscular man behind the counter. He was smiling and looked excited when he saw the three little girls.

 

But I was not only paying attention to him, but also to the various weapons and swords of different sizes that were exported on shelves placed on the wall.

 

There were also some wooden mannequins wearing some armor.

 

'But this place is really dirty.' The floor was dirty, so dirty that whenever I stepped on it, a great deal of dust rose.

 

But different from the floor. The shelves, the weapons, the armor, they were all in excellent condition.

 

But tired of paying attention around, I turned my attention to the man who had already started talking to the three girls.

 

"So, who is this other little girl? A new friend?" The man asked Reda.

 

"Her name is Larissa, she is also an adventurer and a very strong one."

 

"I'm not that strong, am I?"

 

"So you're also an adventurer? Are you looking for some weapons?"

 

"I don't need this, I came here just to help these three girls, do you have good weapons and armor for them?"

 

"Hmm? I see." Seeing this, the man smiled and continued: "Since they haven't introduced me yet, I'm going to introduce myself. My name is Berpaul, I'm a blacksmith who currently doesn't earn much, hahaha."

 

That information was useless, but I think that's okay.

 

"Nice to meet you too."

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 241), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

22