Chapter 23 – First Subjugation Mission.
5.8k 8 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Emily came back she was carrying a paper in her hand, I'm sure she has now chosen a good mission because now I feel like killing some monsters.
I haven't had many chances to fight since I got here, so now I want to have fun.

"Here it is." Emily, who was a little breathless, gave me the paper with the mission, she ran so hard that she even crumpled the paper, but what a careless girl.

I opened the paper doing everything to fix the paper that was all wrinkled, I have to tell her to be more careful, she does not have to run so much when looking for a mission.

The mission was as follows.

*************
E-RANK Mission

Subdue 10 Wild Wolves.

Reward: 4 copper coins + Payment for materials.

*****************

It's not a bad reward, 4 copper coins will help me a lot.
I can do several missions during the day and get a lot of money.

Well, of those 4 coins I will only win 2 because I made a deal with Emily that half the money from the missions will always be hers because she can't go without work and make money to help her family.

"Emily, you can wait for me at your house, after I finish the mission I'll meet you there," I said to Emily and started walking toward the city exit.

Emily just agreed with me and started heading towards her house, we will do this several times during the day, I plan to do all missions quickly to get big money daily.

'Well, let's go.' Let's complete this mission as soon as I can.

Since the wolves will give money for the materials I think the reward will be much greater than 4 copper coins.
I can also kill more wolves than necessary because then I will receive a higher payment.

###########

I left the city and started towards a forest that was near the city.
It wasn't that close, but she was closer than where the maid's body was.

I don't know if they still found the maid's body, but if they found it, I hope they don't know who did it.
I don't think there is any criminal investigator in this world, right? hahaha

But even so, I don't like to remember the scene of the death of the maid, it gives me little chills to remember.
But still, she deserved it.

'Well, now is not the time to think about it.'

After some time walking to the right side of town I found it the entrance of a huge forest.
The trees were so huge, I had never seen anything like it, not even on the way to the city did I ever see trees like that.

I walked into the woods and started looking for wolves.
I don't know if it's easy to find wolves in such a forest, but I likely will.

Well, I might find other types of monsters too, and that would help, as the materials would give me more money.

After some time walking through the woods, I was getting bored.
Can't create a spell to fetch monsters ?? I've seen it in a lot of anime and found it so fun, it must be so cool to be able to do it.

Well, if I imagine magic like the ones I saw in anime, I can do it, right?
Imagine a radar in my mind, right?

'I can only test.'

I started imagining a radar in my mind, I also imagined a large electromagnetic ray running around me and over long distances.

I think that by doing this I can identify life forms nearby, I don't know if I can identify which monster I'm chasing but it will help me a lot.

"Search," I said anything that came to my mind.

When I opened my eyes I saw something amazing, the magic was working.
Under my feet was coming out a purple light that ran everywhere at the same time, looked exactly like the anime.

The search area began to run through the forest and wherever I passed I could see the radar in my mind, I could see all the living beings in the area.

There were a lot of living things around here, I still don't know which monsters they are, I have to find a way to use this magic better next time.
I need to find a way to identify the enemy's identity.

'Well, I don't have to do it now, all I have to do now is go to them and look with my own eyes.' The only way was to go to the monsters to see her identity.

It wasn't the safest way to do that, but I think it's the best way to do it now.

#########

First I found a group of living beings, all in all, it had 6 signals so it was a rather large group of monsters.
I don't know which monsters they were but I will find out now.

I headed towards the signals and when I got there I saw something that made me quite happy, I was lucky or they live around here?

'They are wolves.' Yes, that's exactly what the mission asked for, I think I'm very lucky? No one would be as lucky as me.

I was hiding behind some trees so the wolves wouldn't come because I wouldn't want to get everyone's attention at once if I did that it could go wrong.

'Well, my body is quite powerful.' My body is so sturdy that I think just a wolf bite wouldn't even cross my skin, but I don't want to risk it.

I was thinking of doing as I did with the maid, just using shots.
It was very powerful and silent magic.

Nor can I use fire or the like in the middle of the forest, if I do this I could end up causing a forest fire here.
And I think in this world there are no firefighters so I better be careful.

'This is the best option.' I chose to use wind shots, I could use water or earth magic to kill these wolves, but I think the magic that will keep the materials in higher quality is this.

If I shoot you straight in the head, I won't damage your flesh or skin, so I think it's a good choice.

"Wind Bullet." Right after, I threw a wind bullet at the first wolf, I put that name in because it's very similar to a firearm shot but using wind.

Now the massacre begins.

 

 

********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/RSAWIgor
**********************

124