Chapter 26 – Does Lara Become A Target Again?
5.6k 9 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in the city of Gerok.

A woman and a man were talking again, they were talking about a very important subject.
The place a certain little girl could be.

"Did you spot her?" Said the woman as she looked down at the man, the man was bowing to her with enormous respect.

This man worked for this woman, he was in charge of finding and killing the little girl named Lara.
The woman wanted her to be killed at all costs.

"Yes, we located the girl, she's currently here in the capital in Gerok." The man answered the woman with a wicked smile on his face; he was ready to put his plan into action.

When the woman heard this she also put a huge smile on her face.
It seems like she just heard the best thing she could hear right now, the girl she wanted to kill so much went toward her.

'She came to dig her own grave?' The woman thought that the girl was very dumb, after suffering an attack, she did not run away?

But she didn't care that much because it only made her happier, she would kill her more easily.

"Put the plan into action." The woman ordered the man who kept his head down, he respected her a lot.

"Yes, ma'am." The man answered and left the room.

The woman thought she would finally kill that woman's daughter who tried to take everything from her.
That woman she already considered her daughter.

##########

Lara woke up and realized that Emily was no longer in the bed, she always wakes up very early to take care of her parents, so whenever I wake up she gets out of bed.

'I have to get used to waking up early.' I also need to get used to waking up early, if I get used we will have more time to make money.

Well, I'm looking like a mercenary but I better ignore.

I left the room and headed for Emily's living room where the table was.
Arriving there I saw that Emily's parents were there, they still didn't ask where I came from they didn't pay the slightest attention to me.

'Whatever.' Maybe they trust me because it was Emily who brought me here, so, you could tell they trust their daughter a lot.

"Hi." Emily who realized that I had arrived in the room greeted me, she was already preparing to feed her mother.

Emily's father was already eating alone, as usual, he still doesn't need help eating.

"Hi." I greeted Emily and sat at the table also to eat, as I was already very hungry.

When I started eating I also started thinking about what we would do today, I think we will take another mission to complete since I got 2 silver coins I think two more missions will be enough to get the 5 coins.

Everyone had finished eating, so Emily picked up her mother and took her to the bedroom because she needed to leave her sleeping to go to the guild.
Emily's dad always sits outside the house watching people pass by.

I don't know what's going on in his head, but I think it must be pretty sad just sitting around and not being able to run like the young people he watches.

'Everyone has their time.' Yes, everyone has their lifetime, their time to be healthy, and Emily's father's time is gone.

It's pretty rude to say, but he's already quite old so it's sad to see him like that, but nothing can be done, time goes by.

##########

Lara left for the guild with Emily, but she had a bad feeling, it was a feeling that something could happen at any moment.

'I'll be careful.' She didn't forget that they tried to kill her, nor did she forget Lorane and that man she was talking to.

Lorane must surely have been talking to this man that I came to this city, apparently, it was the only city I knew and the nearest city.

I have to be careful, as I can be attacked again anytime.

##########

From above a house a man observed Lara.

A man with a black cape covering his whole face, no one could identify him, he was extremely camouflaged.

At this moment he was following Lara, and she could not notice his presence, she was in danger and had no idea.

'I'll wait a little while, when she's alone I'll attack her there.' The man was thinking that but he wasn't looking at Lara but at Emily.

The man wanted to kidnap this woman because he was told that this woman would be working along with Lara, and if he caught her, Lara would surely be drawn to them.

And right now he was doing this, he was going to get Emily and leave a message for Lara.
If she didn't show up he would kill Emily quickly, but if she showed up his plan would be a success.

"She will be proud of me." The man said as he imagined the mysterious woman's face in his mind.

He wanted to be recognized by that woman.

###########

Emily again went to the guild for another mission while I watched from afar.
I hope she finds a good mission again, maybe I'll get the 5 silver coins today.

'This is working quite well.' So far everything was fine, the plan was going very well and soon he would have enough money to change his identity.

If he could change his identity he would get his own adventurer's license and would no longer need Emily's help to do so, and it would also be less dangerous because by doing so they could be discovered anytime.

After a few minutes, Emily was back with a mission in her hands.
Again she handed me the mission.

She was panting again, I already told her I didn't need to run but she never listened to me, so I gave up asking for that again.

The mission was as follows.

***********
E-RANK Mission

Kill 10 Goblins.

Reward: 10 copper coins + payment for materials

***********

Interesting, I think this will give us a lot of money.

"Emily, now you can come home," I said and soon after I left towards the city exit.

Emily then began to make her way home as well.

Or so I thought.

 

 

********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/RSAWIgor
**********************

119