Chapter 31 – Incriminating Lara.
5.4k 10 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The queen wanted to find a way to incriminate Lara, so the best way she found it was to say that her granddaughter had broken into the castle.

It was by country rules that a person who entered the castle without permission would be sentenced to death immediately, so the queen thought this was the best way to incriminate her granddaughter.

If she incriminated her death would be justified then people would accept it without causing any commotion in the capital.
She felt no guilt at what she was doing.

The queen wasn't feeling any guilt, she was just getting rid of the trash her daughter left behind.
And that was giving her a good feeling.

She left all the dirty work to her servant because she didn't like to do this kind of work and that servant obeyed her like a dog, which was very good.

This man hoped to be recognized someday, but it wouldn't be so easy, he would spend his entire life working to be recognized by this woman.
The queen didn't look at him as someone important to her, he was just another disposable servant.

And his servant was doing all the work now.

##########

Meanwhile, the man was planning how to incriminate Lara.

He doesn't need much, because he just needs to make the guards say what he wants.
No one saw him bringing the girl to the queen beside the castle guards and the queen herself, so they had no proof that Lara is innocent.

He needs to spread the word about Lara's arrest and execution and also force the guards to lie, which won't be so hard because all the guards here are afraid of him.

He has direct contact with the queen and is also much stronger than the rest of the guards, so no one would dare go against him right now.

The man was currently making his guards spread the news and the posters with the news of Lara's execution because if he did it all by himself it would take more than 3 days.

He created a poster with a perfect drawing of Lara and the date of execution.
The execution will be done at the castle door in 3 days.

'I feel sorry for this girl.' If it were only for him, this man would not execute this child, but he is only following the queen's orders.

He thought this girl didn't deserve such a cowardly death since the mother is to blame for the old blow and not her.
He didn't know the reason for the queen to do this, but he found a cowardly way to sort things out.

'But I have to do it.' He had to do this if he wanted to be recognized by the queen to earn an important position in the castle.

He had been fighting for this position for a long time, so he was looking forward to it and would not set his dream aside to save a child.

The man just didn't want this frame to be discovered, because if it were discovered it would end the queen's reputation and end her life.

########

It's been a day since the queen's plan began, and Emily still didn't know where Lara was.

She searched Lara for the entire capital.
She went to inns and other places but no matter how much she searched she didn't find where Lara was.

She was already losing hope of finding Lara when she suddenly found several posters taped to the capital's walls.
Even in the adventurer's guild in the capital, there were several posters on it.

As Emily went to look at what was happening she realized that there were many whispers and people talking about it.

Emily stared at the poster and widened her eyes.
Lara's drawing was there.

Was she being accused of breaking into the castle? But Lara would never do that.
When Emily read the rest of the poster and realized that Lara would be executed in 2 days she went into despair.

She was sure Lara was innocent, she would never break into the castle because she knew the death penalty.

Emily was sure there was something wrong going on here, it was being set up just to kill Lara.
She didn't know why but she was sure of it.

Emily picked up the poster and ran to her house, she wanted to think of a way to do something to help Lara.
She wasn't sure if she could do anything to help her, but she would try her best to help her.

#########

It had been a full day since Lara had been trapped inside the castle prison.

All this time she was here they had not brought water or food once.
Lara was tired because she couldn't sleep while hanging like this.

The queen and the guards were treating her like a dog.
They left her here and that was making Lara very angry.

She hoped they would at least take good care of her before the execution, but it seems she was pretty wrong.

'Well, I won't be executed anyway.'

Since the execution was 3 days from now, Lara would wait until the second day to get away from here.
For if she escaped soon after being arrested, people might suspect her escape and find her quickly.

But Lara was struggling because they were not giving her food or water, so she was in a difficult situation.

She was hungry, thirsty and still sleepy because she couldn't sleep well here.

Lara was thinking of running away from here today because if she waited longer she would get very weak and couldn't run away from here fast.
She would encounter difficulties and that would affect her escape.

She still doesn't know how many guards are outside the prison.
Since Lara is a child, on the outside, they may have placed fewer guards to look after her.

Because you couldn't have a child run away from prison and fight, right? Well, they might think that, but of course not true.

'Let's get out of here today.' Lara could see the time through the prison window and it was still late now.

Lara would wait until night comes to get out of prison because an overnight escape is more likely to succeed.
That's what Lara read in her old life in several light novels, but she's not sure about that.

She chose to believe in fantasy stories now.

If these stories gave the wrong information, Lara would be in trouble.

 

********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/RSAWIgor
**********************

118