Chapter 39 – Joining the Guild.
4.7k 10 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lara who now used Larissa's name went towards the guild because it was time for her to sign up for the guild she had wanted so much from the beginning.
She wanted to sign up for the guild when she arrived in town, but when she knew she couldn't, she was very disappointed.

She was happy to have found Emily, she found Emily in a very unpleasant situation but still, she is happy to have found her.
Emily helped her a lot in the capital by giving her a place to live and by providing food.

Lara believed that Emily would not return to the world of prostitution, because she would send enough money for her, Lara would not let Emily's family go through financial needs.

But Lara started to think of something.

'Where is the owner of the inn?' Lara and Emily fled the inn without justification and the innkeeper never went after them to find out why or anything, in fact, she never showed up at Mary's house and didn't seem to want her to go back to work there.

I hope she keeps her distance.

I don't know if prostitution houses like this are illegal in this world but I believe that in my old world this was not allowed or maybe I'm wrong too I spent all the time in my room and didn't know much about things that were happening.

The only thing I was following was novel and anime releases, that's all, I didn't care about news or anything.

'Well, now I'm in this new world and I can't keep thinking about my old world.' I have to continue my life here, and I want to have a good life, I don't want to have a life of just the same suffering it has been until now.

#########

When Lara arrived at the guild again it was full of muscular men there like last time, it was a very ugly sight in Lara's eyes, she only came here once before so doesn't feel comfortable.

The first time she was here she fought with one of the adventurers so she didn't want to go through this again and hopes that won't happen.

She entered the guild and headed toward the receptionist's desk, but when she got there she had a big surprise. The man she beat into the guild last time was there but her arm seems to be well recovered.

Lara still wore her hat to hide her face so no one would recognize her so she didn't want to contact him and went straight to talk to the other receptionist next door.

"Hello, I would like to join the guild," Lara said to the receptionist.

When the receptionist saw Lara I was very surprised because Lara was very short, so of course, she would be surprised.

'This receptionist wasn't here the last time I came here.' This was a new receptionist and wasn't here last time, must that be why she was so surprised to see a child here?

Well, Lara could be a dwarf since the receptionist couldn't see her face, but anyway she would see Lara's identity on the stone and she would find out she was a child.

But the even slightly surprised receptionist took the ball and set it on the counter.

Lara had to tiptoe to reach the sphere but she managed to reach. When she placed her hand the sphere began to glow like last time but this time it was glowing with a stronger color.

"Your name is Larissa, you're 12 years old. Expecting 12 years?" The receptionist ended up talking a little loudly and drew the whole guild's attention to me, why do these people have to be so stupid?

"Is there a problem?" I thought the minimum age to become adventurous was 10 years old so I have no problem getting me into the guild. Are there no children 12 and underworking as adventurers in this country? Why was she so surprised?

"There is no problem." She started the process of signing me up for the guild, it was a very quick process and she handed me a guild card.

The guild card was like Emily's, it had my name and rank, that's all.

After that she started to explain to me how Ranks worked you had to do 10 missions from one level higher to rank up. I'm F-RANK now, so I need to do 10 E-RANK missions to get up to E-RANK, that's it.

It was a very simple explanation to understand, so I thanked the receptionist and left the guild, while I left I had a lot of glances on myself but I ignored it and kept walking out of the guild.

Now that I signed up for the guild I have to talk to Emily for the last time to figure out how to get into an escort without even having enough RANK since she has lived in this world since birth she must know some way to do that.

'I hope she knows.' I do not have to travel paying, currently, I only have 3 silver coins with me, if I need to pay some ticket I will starve in another city and I will have no place to stay.

##########

Lara headed for Emily's house and got there quickly.

When Lara arrived and opened the door, Emily again pulled her into the house with all her might, and again Lara felt as if her arm had been torn off.

"Got?" Emily asked with expectations upstairs, as she always hoped for Lara's success in everything she wanted to do.

"Yes, I'm a member of the guild now." I took my adventurer card out of the storage I'd put in and showed it to Emily.

"Congratulations." Emily congratulated me.

But now I was wondering how to get on an escort mission even though I have a low RANK, I can get in some group to go with them to some city, but maybe I have to have a rank similar to the other adventurers to be able to participate in. group of them.

"Emily, to join any adventurer group do I need to have a similar rank?" I asked her expecting an answer that would favor me.

"Not to my knowledge, I think a group can have people of all ranks, but usually people don't accept low-ranking people in their group," Emily answered.

I received good news and bad news.

One is that I can join a group even though it's F-RANK and the other is that normally other adventurers don't accept low-ranking people in their group.

The only way is to try my luck, I hope I can get in some group that is going to do some escort mission.

 

 

 

********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/RSAWIgor
**********************

101