Chapter 92 – Veteran adventurer.
2.5k 6 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a long time; I was finding it strange that Suzan was taking so long, even if it is a lot of wolves, I don't think it would take long to get my reward money, I hope she gets here fast so that I find Cibely.

Maybe she has already arrived and is waiting for me in the lobby, I need to finish this wolves, but everything will depend on Suzan now, I didn't think it would take so long to calculate the money for these wolves.

I hope she hasn't gone to talk to the guild master again, if he wants to speak to me again I won't go, I don't know if it's mandatory to comply with the guild master's request, but I'm not going there, I have more things to do today.

I'm done with him. I'm only going there if it's something that involves money since in this world I'm looking like a mercenary, the more money, the better it will be for me.

'Come on; I'm getting tired of waiting.' While I was about to lose my patience for waiting, I heard a small stir on the door handle. Finally, it arrived.

Damn, why did it take so long?

"Sorry for the delay, I had to speak to the guild master for a moment." Shit, he again? This time I won't go to his office, you don't even have to ask me to go there, I'll deny it immediately.

When Suzan noticed that I had a displeased face, she started to say: "Don't worry, he is not calling you. He just asked me to increase your Rank." Suzan said quickly, and she was almost lost in her words.

"Eh?" I was a little surprised when I heard that, why raise my Rank? Just because I killed a lot of wolves? I didn't think people would go up in Rank just for killing a lot of monsters.

But if he wants to do that, of course, I will accept, I have no reason to refuse, the higher my Rank, the better it will be for me, I can do more difficult missions, and it can help me get more money, and it will also help me to train my body and my magic.

But I had a doubt, why did he raise my Rank? I don't know if he has done this before with any other adventurer, if he has done this I can understand, but if he never did this before and did it just for me, it would be a little strange.

"I was also a little surprised, and I never saw the guild master willingly raise someone's rank before, it looks like you are his favorite now," Suzan said with a big smile on his face when he waved his hands that held the bag with the money.

'She gets excited easily.' But it was fun to look at his excitement.

But how come I am the favorite of the guild master? I don't want to be his favorite or anything like that. It gives me chills all over my body, imagine being an older man's favorite? Not good, I don't want that.

Well, at least he's going to raise my Rank, that's something.

"Ah, here's your reward for the 32 wolves." She handed me a bag of money, but it was much heavier than it was last time, it seems that this time the reward will please me a lot.

Inside the bag of money, there were nine silver coins and six bronze coins, and it looks like the wolves were sold for three snake coins each, it was a lot of money, almost one gold coin in just one sale of materials is a lot good.

Now I will be able to buy more things without having to worry about sending money to Emily and also paying for the inn.

While I admired the amount of money, Suzan decided to say something: "Shall we go outside? I need to do the documents to upload you to E-RANK." Suzan opened the door and invited me out of the room.

It seems that now I'm going to become an E-RANK adventurer, it's not much, but it will help me a lot.

###########

When we left the room, a lot of adventurers had come back, and many more adventurers were drinking now, now it is like the guild I saw yesterday, full of drunks and people talking.

They seem to enjoy spending the night here, actually until closing, but I'm not going to judge them, everyone must have their boring wives waiting at home, they must be here to entertain.

"Hey, what are you thinking about there, little girl? It seems to be rude." I was so distracted that I didn't even notice this man approaching.

He appeared to be a man of about 40, he was drunk and wore iron armor for some parts of his body, especially on his abdomen, he had the most iron.

He seems to be a veteran adventurer around here, but I don't want to have contact with him, I don't like having contact with men like that, even more, when they are drunk, I prefer to keep a safe distance.

"Why are you ignoring me?" The man started to scoff, but I kept ignoring him.

When he was close to holding my arm, I just saw Suzan looking at the man with a face of anger, only by observing that the man has already taken a few steps back, it seems that Suzan is essential and powerful in this guild than I thought.

"Don't mind him; when he gets drunk, he has a horrible personality," Suzan warned me about the man, I didn't think he had a horrible personality, he's just like any other drunk around.

"Who is that?" He seemed to be a veteran adventurer in the guild, so he wanted to know who he was, maybe he was strong.

"Him? His name is Jorge. He has been working in the guild for a few years. He is just an adventurer D-RANK, I think he is not as strong as you." Suzan smiled sarcastically.

Just a D-RANK adventurer? It seems that Cibely is stronger than him since she is an adventurer C-RANK; it appears that women can be stronger than men.

76