Chapter 26: Fire Breathing Ant
147 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eon waved his white wings as he circled the blue sky, taking in the sights of a massive war below.

Another army of peasants arrived on the scene to replace those who died while attempting to build the bridge that would allow them to cross the river. Wooden logs carried on their formation, which they would use to continue the construction of the said bridge.

Eon's gaze was drawn to the Vibrant in the center of the formation.

RACE: Vibrant [Level: 12/20].

HP: 18/120

MP: 148/210

Top Speed: 24 km/h

Defense: 1

Vibrant's bright color stood out from the crowd of Peasants, making it easy to identify. It was unleashing barrages of its skill, Fire Blast, on the river, but none of the river dwellers appeared to be hit. Every time it fired a massive fireball into the river, all of the river dwellers simply hid beneath the water, completely avoiding the attack. The Gerolaks and Weakanawas had a terrain advantage over the Peasant army, which was out in the open with nowhere to hide.

Eon flew closer to the Vibrant without making a sound to better see its position. However, before he could get close enough, the Vibrant's head turned to face him and opened its mandibles. The next thing Eon knew, a massive fireball was heading straight for him.

When Eon saw the charging ball of destruction heading his way, he growled and waved his wings quickly to get out of the way of the Fire Blast. Eon was able to flee and observe the fireball with his retractable gooey eyes. He expected it to explode when it got a certain distance away, but it didn't. When it reached its maximum range, it simply vanished into the air. This meant that the Fire Blast would never explode unless it collided with something.

Eon floated in the air, finally knowing how to get rid of the Vibrant. He had sufficient MP to fire one Pin Shot. He only had one shot, so he had to plan it carefully and ensure that he hit the target in one shot. While waving his wings in the sky, Eon directed all of his attention to the Vibrant, which bombarded the river but killed almost nothing. It was heavily guarded, and if he missed, he had already blown all of his chances. Furthermore, Eon was well aware of his poor accuracy, especially when it came to firing a very small pin at his long-distance target.

RACE: Lesser Teplonide [Level: 8/10] [Exp. Points: 12/25].

HP: 80/80

MP: 63/80

He remained aimed for a few seconds, waiting for the right moment. Then the right moment arrived.

The Vibrant raised its head and focused all of its attention on river dwellers as it opened its mandibles to fire another Fire Blast. When Eon saw it, he jumped from the air and dived toward the Vibrant. He waved his wings repeatedly to propel himself down faster while slowly spinning in the air.

Eon growled and folded his wide pair of wings as he got closer.

[Pin Shot has been activated.]

Pin Shot required 34 MP to activate. He couldn't cast it again if it missed its intended target. Eon waved his wings and propelled up into the sky as the surging three centimeters pin surged toward the Vibrant. His gooey eyes never left the pin he fired, watching it fly right into the Vibrant's head as it prepared to fire another Fire Blast.

The Vibrant's massive head fell to the ground before it could even fire the Fire Blast brewing in its mandibles. The fire in its mouth vanished instantly, as did the brightly colored monster's life. The peasants surrounding it could only stare at its corpse while their antennae moved uncontrollably; they had no idea where the attack had come from because the attacker was hiding right in their blind spots.

[Pin Shot has dealt 26 damage.]

Eon was successful in eliminating the Vibrant.

[You have received 8 experience points.]

Eon soared higher and higher, growling. He got to a point where he could see the war's scenery clearly. The war was far from over.

[Deceitful Shapeshifter: a new form has been acquired. The Vibrant form is now available for use.]

[Deceitful Shapeshifter: The eliminated unit has a skill that can be imitated.]

[Fire Blast.]

[Fire a ball of hellfire that explodes on contact and burns every unit in a large area, dealing 150% (+50% per level) of the user's intelligence stat. If the fireball reaches its maximum range without making contact or colliding with anything, it will vanish.]

[Do you want to learn Fire Blast?]

[Pin Shot will be permanently deleted, and you will not be able to acquire a skill with the same name again.]

[Imitating the skill, Fire Blast...]

[Imitation process completed.]

[Skill, Fire Blast has been acquired.]

[The damage output of [Imitation] Fire Blast has increased from level 1 (150% of intelligence stats) to level 17 (950%).]

Eon continued to observe the scenery from a safe distance as he flew lower in the air. Eon's gaze was drawn to the riverbank, where he saw a group of peasants, including the Militant, fighting to continue building their bridge. However, the Gerolak Caster fired another round of Water Chain Strike, with the Militant, who was the largest of the crowd, being the first to be hit. The monstrous Militant died after losing its last HP. Its body descended to the wooden bridge they were constructing, alongside the corpses of Peasants.

[You have received 10 experience points.]

RACE: Gerolak Caster [Level: 14/20].

HP: 140/140

MP: 230/230

Top Speed: 28 km/h

Defense: 1

The Gerolak Caster had already been leveled up twice during the war. It was dominating the war while hiding in the water and the formation of Gerolak Tadpoles. The Gerolak Caster was the most difficult to defeat of all the evolved participants due to how destructive and protected it was. Eon was well aware of it, which explains why he was uninterested in it. Approaching or attempting to kill with his current strength was a waste of time and MP.

Following the defeat of the Peasants' champion, the entire Peasant formation was thrown into disarray. The peasants began to rush into the river with their tree logs and branches, resembling a bloody stampede. As the river dwellers rained down destructive water attacks on them, the battle became more chaotic.

The Rampant, who had been hiding in the shadows, finally emerged and joined the Peasants. It no longer had anything to defend because the Vibrant had already died, and the one who had killed it was safely flying in the air out of its reach.

Hundreds of armies of peasants, on the other hand, were arriving from their lair, carrying tree logs and branches with them. Despite the fact that the majority of their army had been eliminated, the peasants whose sole purpose was to die serving the colony showed no signs of relenting. Their march continued despite being bombarded by Water Balls thrown by river dwellers. However, if the peasants managed to survive for a while and made it to the river, where they began adding more logs, they would be bit off by the Weakanawas and dragged underwater, powerless.

The Gerolak Caster was crushing the Peasant army, and the remaining Rampant couldn't get close because the Gerolak Caster was hidden in the middle of a formation of Gerolak Tadpoles and a raging river.

The battle was becoming increasingly intense; if it continued, another set of level 10 or higher evolutions of Peasants would join the fray. And once that happened, even the dominant Gerolak Caster had no chance against the more powerful Peasant evolution line hierarchy members.

Eon, on the other hand, was focused on the massive army of Peasants gathered at the river's edge, waiting for their turn to jump into the bridge they were constructing.

They never seemed more enticing to Eon than they did now.

In recent weeks, he had only seen peasant armies as annoyances, dangers that should not be confronted head on...

But things had changed... Eon saw them as a horde of walking, biting, mindless experience points.

The crops were already beneath him; all he had to do was reap his bountiful harvest. And he finally had a great tool to make the most of it.

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by one.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by one.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by one.]

[You have been awarded two skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

RACE: Lesser Teplonide [Level: 9/10] [Exp. Points: 5/25].

HP: 90/90

MP: 90/90

Top Speed: 18 km/h

Defense: 0

[STATS.]

Strength: 9

Agility: 9

Intelligence: 9

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Lethal Augmentation [MP Cost: 17] [Level: 17/20].

[Imitation] Fire Blast [MP Cost: 34] [Level: 17/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Deceitful Shapeshifter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

World Conqueror's Perception.

SKILL POINTS AVAILABLE: 2

4