Chapter 30: Fateful Meeting
66 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Located in the southeastern part of Kegali's vast forest. The lands were covered in a lush forest teeming with life and greenery. Several small rivers were scattered throughout, bringing life to all monsters and plants that lived nearby. The alluring sounds of birds perched on the tops of trees resounded, acting as soothing and delightful music to anyone nearby. 

A certain entity was moving beneath those trees, crouching and staring at the giant eating grass.

He poked his head through the tall grass and took a look around. What was revealed was his human-like face, but he was not a human. His brown lion ears on top of his head twitched as he tried to investigate the sounds around him. His back length, wavy, dark brown hair swayed in the wind, briefly covering his pair of golden brown eyes. His tanned skin complemented his lean physique.

Wearing a black top made of wolf pelt and fabric black leggings with a specific hole on the back to accommodate his lion tail.

While smelling the air, he remained motionless. He smirked and swayed his lion tail in delight once he had confirmed that there was no danger nearby. Small birds, a lone Slug perched on top of a tree, and the giant boar he was aiming for were the monsters he smelled nearby. He drew out his white dagger, fashioned from the fang of a Diviar wolf by a blacksmith class humanoid. He moved closer to his target.

RACE: Lionfolk Forest Stalker [Level: 27/30].

HP: 270/270

MP: 270/270

Top Speed: 92 km/h

Defense: 2

[STATS.]

Strength: 27

Agility: 46

Intelligence: 27

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Swift Claw [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

Blink Strike [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Primal Form; Lion [MP Cost: 1].

Hunter's Acceleration [MP Cost: 17] [Level: 17/20].

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

[Lesser] MP Regeneration.

[Lesser] HP Regeneration.

[EQUIPMENT.]

Main Hand: Forest Fang Dagger [F] [+1 Agility.].

Ikarim, a 22-year-old young man. He belonged to a species of humanoids known as Lionfolk, a humanoid species that looked a lot like lions. They were regarded as one of the most powerful humanoid species living in Kegali's vast forest. Or, more accurately, used to be one of the most powerful. Their tribe ascended the tribal hierarchy of Kegali's forest, but before they could reach the top... They were annihilated.

Ikarim was one of the last survivors of an extremely powerful species of humanoids that once ruled a large portion of the Kegali forest.

They were no longer seeking glory, as they had been in the past. Glory was the last thing they would fight for; they were already struggling every day just to survive in this harsh world.

Those glorious days of their tribe had faded into history...

***

Ikarim prepared for battle once he was a certain distance away from his target. He had no way of determining the level and strength of his upcoming opponent, so he had to rely on his sight to determine what species of monster it was. And just by looking at it, he had concluded that he could defeat it.

It was a 2-meter-tall walking wall of meat, with a massive shadow cast beneath it by its circular body. Its sharp large, dark yellow tusks were waving in the grass as it stared around. It evolved from the Small Higante Boar and began its massive growth. It had a completely black body that blended in with its surroundings, making it difficult to see despite its monstrous size.

RACE: Brute Higante Boar [Level: 10/20].

HP: 190/190

MP: 100/100

Top Speed: 20 km/h

Defense: 1

[STATS.]

Strength: 19

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 10

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Tusk Strike [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

Unstoppable Charge [MP Cost: 2] [Level: 2/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Heavy Hitter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

[Lesser] MP Regeneration.

Ikarim, on the other hand, simply smirked and raised his dagger, his gaze fixed on his unaware target. However, before he could launch his attack, his gaze was drawn to the tree where the Brute Higante Boar was standing. For a split second, his gaze was drawn to a white entity perched on a tree branch. It appeared to be hiding in the tree to avoid the ferocious giant boar at first glance, but this was not the case. Its gaze was drawn to where Ikarim was... And it was keeping a close eye on his every move.

Ikarim ignored the onlooker and used his racial exclusive skill, Primal Form, model, Lion. His humanoid form evolved into a full-fledged humanoid lion. A lion's body and head, but standing on two legs. Aside from transforming his appearance into his animalistic form, this skill would increase his damage by 25%, further enhancing Ikarim's already impressive abilities. 

As he rushed toward his target, he activated Hunter's Acceleration, a non-damaging skill that increased his speed by 85% of his top speed.

The Brute Higante Boar had seen the hunter approaching it. It did not even show any signs of backing down, as expected. Its massive muscular body turned toward Ikarim, snorting and stomping its front legs. Its massive and razor-sharp tusks turned red, indicating that it was using its racial exclusive skill, Heavy Hitter. A skill so dangerous that any attack it managed to land would be extremely lethal.

Ikarim roared, his mane bouncing with each step, like the majestic lion that he was. The Brute Higante Boar anticipated his attack and began preparing its counterattack, but the moment it focused on Ikarim's path... Its intended victim had vanished. Ikarim vanished into thin air.

"I'm here," Ikarim said as he spun in the air. He used his skill, Blink Strike, a type of blink skill, and teleported right above the Brute Higante Boar's head.

Ikarim stabbed the giant boar in the head with his dagger as part of his skill, Blink Strike, and dealt 582.5 damage, instantly killing the target in one strike. Ikarim was riding on the head of the Brute Higante Boar when it fell to the ground.

Ikarim stood up as his entire body reverted to humanoid form, a smirk on his face as he stared at his catch, which he managed to take down without a fight.

"It'd be a feast for dinner," Ikarim said, staring at the Brute Higante Boar's body on the ground.

However, Ikarim was not talking to himself; rather, he was conversing with the spectator who was watching from the top of the tree. Ikarim's sharp gaze darted to the entity who had been watching everything unfold.

A white Slug with blue or gray eyes. Ikarim hadn't decided which color they were yet. It was staring at him, not blinking, as if analyzing him and the battle he had just fought. It didn't speak because it couldn't; all it could do was stare.

"A white Slug, huh?" Ikarim remarked, staring at the Slug. His lion tail moved slowly in the air.

What followed was complete silence as they both stared at each other. It was cut short, however, when Ikarim raised his hand and showed the Slug his thumb.

"My fight... it wasn't bad, right?" Ikarim asked, a wide smile on his face. Despite knowing that the monster he was speaking to would never respond or even understand what he was saying, his eyes were brimming with life and energy.

As if in response to his words, the white Slug extended its head and let out a gentle growl.

Despite his surprise at the Slug's behavior, Ikarim chuckled and placed his hands on his stomach. "I'll take it as a yes."

However, when Ikarim returned his gaze to the Slug, it had vanished and was nowhere to be found.

Ikarim remained motionless, searching for the Slug but eventually shrugging when he couldn't find it. He began to move and pulled two of the Brute Higante Boar's legs back home. He had procured a massive feast for their tribe—no, for their small village.

***

Eon waved his wings as he flew away from where he had seen someone fight a giant and kill it with a single strike.

Someone he only met after flying around the forest and becoming intrigued by him.

The young man named Ikarim had piqued Eon's interest. Which was a difficult feat to accomplish due to Eon's complicated and unusual standard of what he considered 'interesting.'

And for reasons that only Eon knew, he had finally chosen his very first subordinate.

They would meet again in the near future... When they did, the young conqueror and the lion, a survivor of an almost extinct tribe, would begin the greatest conquest Giera had ever seen.

Not right now, or the next day... but not for long.

Eon growled as he moved his gaze forward, taking in the scenery below him. He was returning to a specific location, one where he would grow stronger from his current state...

Eon was returning to the infamous Red Island.

4