Chapter 31: Icy Touch
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun rose to its highest point and shone brightly throughout Kegali's vast forest. The clear blue sky was looking down on the entire scene, with no sign of a storm for the rest of the day or the next few days.

The Red Island. A location that was home to the most infamous and populous species of monsters in the entire Kegali forest. Armies of peasants could be seen marching through their territory, hunting for monsters that had been lured to enter their island. They were easily identified not only by their bright red color, but also by the size of each of their armies.

Race: Peasant [Level: 5/10].

HP: 50/50

MP: 47/50

Top Speed: 10 km/h

Eon growled as he tilted his Slug head sideways while standing on top of a tree. A pair of white tusks and a big set of white hook-shaped mandibles from the Vibrant form dangled from his head. Unlike before, when his body had different colors depending on which body part he was using, his entire body was now as white as snow, except for his retractable gooey eyes.

Eon's gaze darted toward the army led by the level 5 Peasant, which was composed of a large number of level 1 Peasants, as was customary. 60 peasants marched across the ground beneath Eon, turning the supposed green land blood red.

Eon waved his wings and flew directly toward the massive army of Peasants, revealing himself on purpose. His circular and fat bird body landed right in the middle of the Peasant formation, as if he intended to commit suicide.

Eon's gaze wandered throughout the army staring at him, the peasants uncontrollably moving their antennae due to the sight of a meal just dropped in their faces. In response, Eon sat down and growled at them.

The Peasants jumped to Eon with their skills, Savage Bite, and grabbed him with their mandibles, just like the vicious predators that they were. Eon was easily swarmed by the Peasants due to his size in comparison to them. The level 5 Peasant also jumped to Eon. Eon, on the other hand, did not even react and simply let them dangle on his feathers and skin.

Even after being attacked by an army of 60 peasants, Eon did not sustain any damage. It was because of his defense, which negated any damage less than 50. Because none of the Peasants could deal damage greater than Eon's defense value, all they could do was dangle on Eon like red ornaments.

Eon stared at the massive army that was attempting to pierce his skin. They covered his entire body, turning his immaculate white skin blood red. He even spread his wings, giving the other Peasants plenty of body parts to chew on. He remained motionless until every single one of the Peasants had their mandibles on him, at which point some of the Peasants bit his eyes and brutally pulled them out. But did it cause any harm to Eon? It didn't even come close.

[Icy Touch has been activated.]

It happened very quickly. Eon's red coat instantly transformed into white blocks of ice. The red Peasants dangling from Eon's body turned white as ice enveloped their bodies. They were completely frozen from the inside out.

[Icy Touch has dealt 38 damage.]

After a few seconds of being motionless, Eon shook his body, and all the ice-cold, freezing bodies of the level 1 Peasants fell to the ground, their bodies emitting cold smoke. All 59 level 1 peasants died in a single attack, cold, quick, and painless.

RACE: Peasant [Level: 5/10].

HP: 12/50

MP: 36/50

Top Speed: 10 km/h

Only the level 5 Peasant dangling from Eon's chest remained in the army. Unlike the level 1 Peasants, which were completely frozen, this Peasant only had its head, stomach, and four legs frozen. Two of its legs were still moving as its mandibles tightened their grip on Eon. As Eon moved his eyes to stare at the level 5 Peasant, the frozen solid Peasants gripping his eyes fell to the ground and crumbled.

[Icy Touch has been activated.]

[Icy Touch has dealt 38 damage.]

The level 5 Peasant's entire body was coated in solid ice the moment it received the finishing attack, killing it without even a chance to fight. With only two uses of his skill, he defeated an army that was supposed to be extremely dangerous. It wasn't even a fight; it was a cold slaughter.

Because of the level difference, each of the 59 level 1 Peasants gave Eon 0.3 experience points, while the level 5 Peasant gave Eon 0.4 experience points.

[You have received 18.1 experience points.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by one.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by one.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by one.]

[You have been awarded two skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

As he stood up, Eon growled. The frozen corpse of the level 5 Peasant landed on the ground and crumbled. Eon walked forward, trampled the frozen corpses on the ground, crushing them with each step. However, he showed no interest in them, instead focusing on his status board and spending his newly acquired skill points.

[Icy Touch has received two skill points.]

[The damage output of Icy Touch has increased from level 2 (200% of strength stats) to level 4 (300%).]

Eon flapped his wings and soared out to see around. The most powerful Peasants hunting were level 5 Peasants; at this moment, the stronger Peasants were hiding in the anthill. The most common were level 2 to 4 peasants commanding smaller armies. Eon had seen them while patrolling, but only level 5 Peasants and their massive armies piqued his interest.

He found another group of Peasants led by a level 5 Peasant after flying around for a while. Eon flew toward them when he saw them marching. A level 5 Peasant usually had at least 60 Peasants following it. This time, there was an army of 63 peasants, including the level 5. Eon, as before, jumped right into the middle of their formation.

This time, the army did not even flinch and jumped at Eon as soon as he landed. They crunched Eon's skin, feathers, and eyeballs with such violence. They swarmed him in seconds, biting him from every aspect and pulled him down so he couldn't escape.

Eon, on the other hand, had not considered fleeing.

[Icy Touch has been activated.]

[Icy Touch has dealt 60 damage.]

Nobody survived that single strike, not even the level 5 Peasant. As Eon stood up, the frozen solid corpses of the peasants crumbled to the ground.

The level difference between Eon and the peasants he killed had grown, and as a result, the experience points he would receive had shrunk. Eon received 0.275 experience points from each of the 62 level 1 peasants and 0.375 experience points from the level 5 peasant.

[You have received 17.425 experience points.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by one.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by one.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by one.]

[You have been awarded two skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

Eon paused for a few seconds to examine his stats before beginning to spend his newly acquired skill points.

[Icy Touch has received two skill points.]

[The damage output of Icy Touch has increased from level 4 (300% of strength stats) to level 6 (400%).]

Eon snarled and flapped his wings. He was about to resume his hunt, but this time he had a specific goal in mind. Eon's flight speed reached its maximum of 120 kilometers per hour. His gooey eyes widened as he resolved to travel to a well-known and extremely dangerous section of Kegali's great forest... the Death Canyon

Unlike when he first arrived as a peasant, he would now greet the infamous canyon and its inhabitants with a storm... a raging blazing storm

RACE: Cryo Teplonide [Level: 12/20] [Exp. Points: 0.675/25].

HP: 210/210

MP: 120/120

Top Speed: 24 km/h

Defense: 1

[STATS.]

Strength: 21

Agility: 12

Intelligence: 12

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Lethal Augmentation [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

Icy Touch [MP Cost: 6] [Level: 6/20].

[Imitation] Fire Blast [MP Cost: 40] [Level: 20/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Deceitful Shapeshifter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

World Conqueror's Perception.

[Lesser] MP Regeneration.

2