Chapter 32: One Versus A Swarm
51 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bright red soil and Peasants stood out as the bright sun shone throughout the land of the infamous Death Canyon. Inside the red stone walls, there was a massive marching parade of peasants crammed together. Many Peasants collided with one another, and many more used the others as a stepping platform to pass through, resulting in crowds of Peasants on top of one another.

The entrance to the anthill, which was located at the bottom of a towering mountain, was at the end of the path. Hundreds of Peasants from levels 6 to 9 stood guard at the entrance, preventing any intruders from entering the lair.

The horde of Peasants inside the canyon had become so dense that the soil beneath was no longer visible. The floor was completely obscured by the red bodies of the Peasants, as it had been for years because this area was never cleared of passing Peasants.

But not any longer...

Eon's flying speed allowed him to easily reach Death Canyon, which was located in the center of Red Island. Eon circled the massive army, which was congregating in one path leading to the entrance of their lair.

Eon growled as he flew in circles silently. He examined his surroundings, checking every corner for any potential threats, but he found none. All he saw were hundreds of fodders pleading with him to harvest them all.

And who could Eon be to deny them their desire?

Eon folded his wings and dove into the canyon face first. He surged downward until he reached a certain distance and began his enactment of wreaking havoc on the Red Island's supposed rulers.

[Fire Blast has been activated.]

Eon came to a stop in mid-air by opening his wings. When he opened his mouth, a ball of destruction began to form. It only took a few seconds for the Fire Blast to grow to twice the size of Eon. When the Fire Blast was ready, he waved his head and unleashed the hellish fire on the crowd of Peasants, who were unaware of their impending doom.

The Fire Blast slammed into the dense crowd of Peasants, exploding and engulfing everything within a five-meter radius. There were no cries, only the sound of raging fire devouring everything and burning the peasants to ashes. As the Fire Blast faded, all that remained was a black circle where the crowd was supposed to be. The area was cleared of the Peasants for the first time in a long time.

[Fire Blast has dealt 132 damage.]

No one survived the attack's devastation, not even the corpses left behind. The attack killed 50 level 1 peasants, 20 level 2 peasants, ten level 4 peasants, and five level 5 peasants. Five meters was not a large area, and it was considered a small Area Of Effect in comparison to the other skills in the same category. However, due to the density of the Peasants, it was able to easily kill that many in a single strike.

[You have received 23 experience points.]

The unexpected assault shook the entire formation inside Death Canyon to its core. Peasants started running around, trying to find the assailant, but even though Eon was just circling them, they couldn't see him. The massive parade disintegrated, and the red knights scattered. Only if they could see their adversary would they be able to fight back.

But one couldn't fight what one couldn't see.

[Fire Blast has been activated.]

Eon opened his mouth and flew toward the canyon's largest crowd. Although the Peasants were dispersing, the canyon's terrain kept many of them from becoming completely separated from one another. The wall that was supposed to protect them became their prison.

Eon growled as he hurled another Fire Blast at the massive crowd on the ground, a crowd much larger than the one he had previously burned. Due to their limited field of vision, the peasants were unable to see what was coming for them; by the time they noticed the Fire Blast, it was already on the ground and about to explode.

Another fire explosion echoed throughout Death Canyon, slaughtering a larger crowd gathered near the canyon's wall. They couldn't scream for help or even vent their pain from being burned alive; all they could do was close and open their mandibles until they turned to ash and crumbled into the air.

[Fire Blast has dealt 132 damage.]

The only thing that remained of the attack, like the first, was the black field created by the explosion. The attack easily slaughtered 76 level 1 peasants, 15 level 2 peasants, ten level 6 peasants, and four level 9 peasants. The first explosion prompted the level 6 to 9 Peasants to emerge, intent on killing the intruder. However, they were burned along with their allies before they could accomplish anything significant.

[You have received 28.675 experience points.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by two.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by two.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by two.]

[You have been awarded four skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

Eon flapped his wings as he flew toward the anthill's entrance, where level 6 to 9 Peasants were rushing out to hunt down the enemy that hundreds of Peasants couldn't fight or even find.

Eon was in the Peasants' blind spot, flying faster than anyone else and without making a sound. Eon was unstoppable as well as untouchable.

Hundreds of peasants, on the other hand, began to stampede into the lair.

[Fire Blast has been activated.]

Eon opened his mouth and prepared to unleash another Fire Blast. He moved closer to the entrance of the lair as the hellish fire grew larger and larger. Then he waved his head and hurled the Fire Blast at the entrance, where the most powerful Peasants were gathering to reinforce their allies.

The reinforcements had turned into the target.

The massive fireball reached the cave's floor and immediately exploded, burning everything inside. The cave that served as the lair's entrance was a closed area, so the Fire Blast's explosion was more devastating and covered a larger area than if it had exploded in an open area. And every Peasant who couldn't hide or flee was instantly cooked alive by the explosion and scorching heat. If the impact and explosion didn't kill them, the intense heat would.

The empire's gate had turned into a death trap for those trapped inside.

[Fire Blast has dealt 154 damage.]

An entire army of powerful peasants was destroyed in a single strike, putting the infamous rulers of the Red Island in a state of chaos that their evolution line had never experienced before.

None of Kegali's monsters had ever dared to attack the Peasant Evolution Line's lair because they were not intelligent enough to realize that the Peasant Evolution Line was not a force to be feared... Not for someone with a mind like Eon's.

A single Fire Blast killed 104 level 1 peasants, 30 level 2 peasants, 25 level 3 peasants, 20 level 6 peasants, and ten level 9 peasants.

[You have received 44.3 experience points.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by one.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by one.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by one.]

[You have been awarded two skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

However... The Peasant evolution line would not stand by and watch as an intruder wreaked havoc on their lawn. While Eon was flying around, preparing to launch another attack, the members of the Peasant's higher hierarchy began to make their move. They were marching outside from the deeper part of their lair. Such a crime would not go unpunished... They intended to exact vengeance.

Eon, on the other hand, was expecting it, especially now that he was fully prepared for it.

The war between the young conqueror and the Red Island's rulers was just getting started. The end was still far away, and the real battle was about to begin.

Those who had been hidden in the shadows would finally be revealed...

RACE: Cryo Teplonide [Level: 15/20] [Exp. Points: 21.6/25].

HP: 240/240

MP: 150/150

Top Speed: 30 km/h

Defense: 1

[STATS.]

Strength: 24

Agility: 15

Intelligence: 15

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Lethal Augmentation [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

Icy Touch [MP Cost: 6] [Level: 6/20].

[Imitation] Fire Blast [MP Cost: 40] [Level: 20/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Deceitful Shapeshifter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

World Conqueror's Perception.

[Lesser] MP Regeneration.

SKILL POINTS AVAILABLE: 6

3