Chapter 33: Sky Dominator
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the monstrous entities marched out of the anthill's entrance, the ground shook. The superior evolutions of Peasants immediately turned their gazes to the pure white entity circling in the atmosphere above the Death Canyon, closing and opening their mandibles. Six of them emerged and launched counterattacks on their unreachable foe.

RACE: Vibrant [Level: 15/20].

HP: 150/150

MP: 240/240

Top Speed: 30 km/h

Defense: 1

[STATS.]

Strength: 15

Agility: 15

Intelligence: 24

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Savage Bite [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

Fire Blast [MP Cost: 12] [Level: 12/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Sensory Antennae [MP Cost: 1] 

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

[Lesser] MP Regeneration.

Six level 15 Vibrants stepped out into the open field and opened their mandibles. They were the only level 10 evolution of Peasants who could take down flying units in mid-air. Normally, they were more than enough to take out flying foes. Fireballs erupted from their mouths and were directed at their adversary. After a few seconds, they all fired at their adversary with such precision.

***

Six Fire Blast rushed up to Eon, who waved his wings and flew higher in the air when he saw them. He'd been using Fire Blast and knew exactly how it worked. He didn't even have to move much because the Fire Blasts simply vanished in the air once they reached their maximum range.

[Fire Blast has been activated.]

Eon swooped in with his incredible flight speed, a Fire Blast brewing in his mouth. The Vibrant saw what was coming and prepared to launch another round of attacks, but before they could make a move, Eon's Fire Blast collided with their heads. And the excruciating pain caused by the explosion, which briefly stunned the Vibrants, gave Eon more than enough time to flee into the sky. The explosion struck four of the Vibrants as well as all of the Peasants nearby.

[Fire Blast has dealt 115 damage.]

None of the Vibrant were killed in the attack; instead, they remained standing in the black circular field created by the explosion and continued firing Fire Blasts. It didn't matter to Eon whether the Vibrant died or not... they weren't his main target.

[Fire Blast has dealt 165 damage.]

All of the peasants swarming around the Vibrants were turned to ash, and not a single one of them survived. Eon's Fire Blast grew so powerful that even the corpses of level 9 peasants were destroyed. Even the toughest of the Peasants could be vaporized by his Fire Blast's heat.

Due to the presence of much larger Vibrants in the vicinity of the explosion, Eon's single attack killed a much smaller group. He killed 33 level 1 peasants, 20 level 7 peasants, and 15 level 9 peasants.

[You have received 17.9 experience points.]

That result taught Eon a lesson: he should not waste his attacks on the stronger monsters; instead, his goal should be to kill as many of the weak peasants as possible.

At the moment, quantity was clearly superior to quality.

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by one.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by one.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by one.]

[You have been awarded two skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

Eon ignored the six Vibrants attacking him and flew to the Death Canyon's largest crowds. The Vibrants attacked him with their Fire Blasts, but Eon's speed allowed him to avoid the incoming attacks, particularly from the open air, where he had unlimited space to move. He only came down when he had a clear view of his targets.

[Fire Blast has been activated.]

Eon managed to avoid the Vibrant's raging fireballs. Then he dove into his chosen targets, a swarm of Peasants rushing out of Death Canyon. Eon's Fire Blast instantly grew in size, and after gaining enough distance, Eon threw the raging ball of destruction. While the stampede of peasants collided to escape the hellish fire being rained down on them, they were completely unaware of what was to come.

The massive fireball slammed into the peasants and exploded, killing them all. The entire army that had huddled together was reduced to ashes in an instant as the merciless fire devoured everything. The explosion and fire only lasted a split second, but when it died, it left nothing but the black circular field it had created.

[Fire Blast has dealt 176 damage.]

132 level 1 Peasants vanished in an instant. The army that had been piled on top of each other and clawing their way out had been wiped out. They were completely helpless and reliant on Eon's mercy... Unfortunately, Eon didn't have any.

Eon felt nothing but dominance over every life beneath him while slaughtering them... Like a God? No. Like the true-born conqueror he was destined to be.

Eon had received 0.15 experience points from each of the 132 level 1 peasants. Small, yes, but it didn't matter if he still had hundreds of Peasants begging him to kill them as they crammed in a massive group in a cramped area.

[You have received 19.8 experience points.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by one.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by one.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by one.]

[You have been awarded two skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

Eon flew away as the Vibrants' raging Fire Balls charged at him. Eon could see the Fire Blasts as they approached, especially because the Vibrants were far away, and could easily fly away from their direction. Furthermore, the Fire Blast would not explode if there was no contact or collision, so he would be fine as long as none of the six Fire Blasts hit him.

However, to avoid being hit by any of the Fire Blasts, Eon flew further away from the Vibrants and prepared to bombard the Peasants swarming at the Death Canyon's exit.

The Death Canyon, the Peasants' own line of defense, became a place to flee from. They were entrapped by their own barrier.

[Fire Blast has been activated.]

Eon opened his mouth as he rushed in. Another scorching flame erupted from his mouth, growing larger by the second. Eon approached the largest group and threw the massive ball at them.

[Fire Blast has been activated.]

While the first Fire Blast was heading toward the crowd of Peasants, Eon opened his mouth once more. Another Fire Blast brewed in his mouth, and after a brief pause, he tossed it into another gathering.

When the first Fire Blast collided, it exploded and engulfed everything in flames. The unharmed peasants ran in the opposite direction of the explosion, attempting to flee. That was, however, the intended destination of the second Fire Blast.

Because everyone who witnessed the first Fire Blast fled in the direction of the second Fire Blast, the second Fire Blast killed more peasants. And before they could even regret their decision, they were instantaneously burned to ashes and destroyed by the scorching wind.

[Fire Blast has dealt 187 damage.]

[Fire Blast has dealt 187 damage.]

When the two explosions subsided, what remained were two black fields in the middle of the route. The two blasts killed 321 level 1 and 20 level 2 peasants.

While waving his wings, Eon watched as the rushing crowds of Peasants were rerouted due to his devastating attack and gathered in the canyon's center. The very place Eon wanted them to be... the location of their impending execution.

[You have received 43.125 experience points.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by two.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by two.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by two.]

[You have been awarded four skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

To become stronger in this world should be extremely difficult; the system was designed to make it difficult for anyone to reach certain levels. Even Eon had struggled greatly in his early days in this world due to how difficult it was to gain even a single level.

Every built system, however, had flaws, which Eon, Vaas' seventh child, quickly discovered. He was able to not only decipher it, but also come up with ideas on how to effectively exploit it to his own advantage. Giving him the best chance of becoming stronger as quickly and easily as possible.

And it would not have been possible without the presence of the most populous species of monster in the entire Giera forest.

Eon looked at the massive crowd of Peasants forming in the middle of Death Canyon. Eon's came up exploitation was proven to be effective.

Eon was designed in such a way that he would take victories in the easiest way possible... regardless of whether the means were justifiable or not.

[Fire Blast has been activated.]

The only thing that mattered was that Eon would win in the end...

RACE: Cryo Teplonide [Level: 19/20] [Exp. Points: 2.425/25].

HP: 280/280

MP: 190/190

Top Speed: 38 km/h

Defense: 1

[STATS.]

Strength: 28

Agility: 19

Intelligence: 19

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Lethal Augmentation [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

Icy Touch [MP Cost: 6] [Level: 6/20].

[Imitation] Fire Blast [MP Cost: 40] [Level: 20/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Deceitful Shapeshifter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

World Conqueror's Perception.

[Lesser] MP Regeneration.

SKILL POINTS AVAILABLE: 14

2