Chapter 39: Wayiba Tree
136 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ice Armor has received two skill points.]

[The skill Ice Armor has been upgraded from level 5 (75% of the user's maximum HP) to level 7 (105%).]

***

The ability to perceive all living beings in a large area was such a powerful ability that once a certain person learned how to use it, it would be extremely beneficial. And Eon had obtained it and learned how to use it properly. It took him a few hours to adjust completely, but he did it.

And what was the first thing he did with this superior ability, you might ask?

Eon growled as he ran away from the swarm of enraged level one Abees chasing him down. He was holding a massive beehive full of sweet honey in his arms. His tongue was showing through his Ice armor as he fled from a swarm of 15 centimeter dark yellow bees with 5 centimeter stingers. Despite the fact that the Abees were constantly attacking Eon, he was not even flinching because they were not even inflicting damage on him. After only a few minutes of running, the Abees gave up and left him alone.

Eon was left sitting on the ground, eating honey with his hands. He was so used to his body type that he could perform all of its functions as if he were born with them... He was.

Although Eon intended to hunt in order to become more powerful, the fact that he could smell all the sweet food around him could easily deter him from doing so, and he would instead choose to eat those sweets rather than fight. Then, like a lazy child, he lay down on the ground. He was so fixated on his whim that he couldn't stop himself.

However, when he decided to do his job, he did it exceptionally well.

***

Eon finally decided to make his move after hours of lying low and doing whatever he pleased. Eon moved toward a location where he smelled entities that he would undoubtedly use to grow stronger. He flew toward his prey using the wings of his Fledgling Sentrowl form. However, it was not as simple as one might think. Fledgling Sentrowl's wings were unfit for a massive body like Lesser Bildabear. His wings couldn't even lift him five meters off the ground.

His wings appeared to be a misplaced pair of small wings on his back. Fortunately, he was about to get another set.

Eon poked his white Lesser Bildabear's head from the leaves of the tree he was on top of. He fixed his gaze on the massive white tree ahead.

It was a massive tree that towered over the crowd of trees around it. It stood about 300 meters tall and had a trunk radius of 50 meters. It had no branches on its smooth and slippery trunk, making it extremely difficult to climb; the branches and leaves were at the tree's top.

Inside the tree lived monsters known as the White Assassins of Kegali Forest. Sentrowl's evolutionary line. They hunted and dominated the night sky, but during the day, the sunlight blinded them and they hid in their nests to protect themselves. This tree was one of many Sentrowl evolution line nests scattered throughout the forest. And, thanks to Eon's keen sense of smell, he quickly discovered this nest and others scattered around.

It was time for Eon to resume his ascension to power.

[Deceitful Shapeshifter has been activated.]

The Wayiba—a species of tree that could grow to massive sizes and had extremely tough skin and trunk that many of the blacksmith class humanoids used to create weapons, but mostly shields. A type of tree that was common in Kegali's great forest, and as a result, it was home to many different kinds of monsters. Because of how tough its body was and how difficult it was to climb, this species of tree could provide excellent protection. Because of its slippery skin, many climbers, including peasants, slugs, salamanders, and giant centipedes, were unable to scale it.

The air was one of the few ways to reach the tree's top without using magic. That was why this particular tree was ideal for birds seeking safety, especially those who were vulnerable during the day. Specifically, the Sentrowl evolution line.

Unlike at night, when they were active, they were hidden inside the dark shelter of the Wayiba tree's body during the day. Their species prefers to make holes in the tree's crown and build their nests there. Over the years, they would end up creating tunnels and large chambers. There were an average of 15 inhabitants in one tree, each of whom was a member of their family. And the Sentrowl evolution line was well-known for being fiercely protective of their offspring and the tree. If monsters were able to locate and reach their nest, they would fight with all their might and obliterate their enemies with their impressive abilities.

RACE: Fledgling Sentrowl [Level: 1/10].

HP: 10/10

MP: 10/10

Top Speed: 2 km/h

Defense: 0

The Fledgling Sentrowls hung out near the entrance to their nest because they needed to get used to the blinding light of the sun so it didn't become an even bigger hindrance to their eyesight than it already was. Six Fledgling Sentrowls shared a nest with adults. They could be seen standing on the edge of the hole, taking in the scenery of Kegali's forest. And, assuming they survived, they would build their own nest and raise their own family.

They were not, however, alone at the entrance. One of the family's oldest members stood at the entrance hole. This one was on the lookout for any signs of impending danger to their nest. Unlike the Fledgling Sentrowls, this one could see in the daylight, just enough to anticipate an impending attack, survive it, and alert the others.

Race: Lesser Knightowl [Level: 30/40].

HP: 570/570

MP: 300/300

Top Speed: 60 km/h

Defense: 3

[STATS.]

Strength: 57

Agility: 30

Intelligence: 30

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Rapid Peck [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

Talon Attack [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

Aerial Assault [MP Cost: 4] [Level: 4/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Hunter's Mark [MP Cost: 1]

Vanguard [MP Cost: 20] [Level: 20/20].

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

[Lesser] MP Regeneration.

[Lesser] HP Regeneration.

[Lesser] Mana Absorb.

With majestic white fur and the appearance of a full owl. A towering glorious beauty with wandering yellow eyes. From its head to its white talons, it stands two meters tall. Even without moving and with only the wind swaying its beautiful white feathers, it exuded an elegant aura. This one was one of the two guardians of this nest, never resting to ensure the safety of its home and family, which it cherished.

The attention of the six Fledgling Sentrowl and the Lesser Knightowl was diverted when a certain entity flew up to their location. Even though it was flying silently toward the Sentrowls, trying not to be noticed, the Sentrowls could hear every wave of its wings from afar. It stopped hiding as soon as it realized the Lesser Knightowl was looking at it. It had the body of a Fledgling Sentrowl, but a different head... It had a Slug's head.

The Lesser Knightowl activated its skill, Vanguard, and kept a close eye on the approaching stranger.

It landed on the tree, and its Sentrowl body and Slug head fused to form a much larger entity... A white bear.

***

[Ice Armor has been activated.]

[Vanguard has been activated.]

[Ice Armor has 420 HP.]

[Vanguard has granted you 200 damage reduction.]

Eon rose to his feet, revealing his ice-clad body. His glowing eyes, hidden inside his ice helmet, darted toward the six Fledgling Sentrowls but then darted to the Lesser Knightowl standing at the nest's entrance. He raised his hands, revealing ice-covered sharp claws.

Then he took a step forward, heading for the scents of his preferred prey... inside the nest.

It was time for the deadliest monster in Kegali to hunt...

2