Ch.39 Returned to Kishin
5k 6 144
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rya, Quinus and the rest of the group make their way to the gate of the village, in the middle of the night, when they get stopped by the guards.

"What do you want, here?!" A guard shouts atop the wall to the city.

"You are not wanted here!" Another guard said that was standing by him.

"You MORONS! This is the Crown Prince of Fiafyr! Open the gates!" yelled the captain of the Knights who was standing down on the bridge.

"Why does a prince have a Dark Elf and a Mutt with him!? You are a disgrace to Fiafyr!" The guard said, spitting on the ground as he looked down and the group.

'Haah. Is this how it's going to be for the rest of my life? This sucks!!' Rya slouches back with a pout.

*Growl!* "Looks like we're not welcome here, Alpha!" Dalia says with a glare.

"You better sheath your tongues!!!" Sir George growls up at the city guards.

Quinus looks pissed. "I'll deal with this, Sir George." Quinus says to him while he pulls out an amulet that glows when he pours his mana into it.

"Ahhh, what is this?! A Royal Sigil!?" One of the guards asks as he leaned over the wall trying to get a better look at the Royal Sigil.

"My patience is wearing thin!" Quinus replies angrily while staring up at the guards.

"OPEN THE GATE! NOW!" Said one of the city guard's yelling down to another guard.

"Yes sir!!" They all yell as they move towards the rope that raises the portcullis so they can open the gate.

It took four guards to raise up the portcullis before Quinus and his comrades could come into the village.

"Hmph... Should we discipline them, my Lord?" Sir George asked Quinus.

"Dock their pay and if they continue troubling us. We'll handle them later. For now I want to rest in a proper bed and I'm sure everyone else does too." Quinus replied.

"As you wish my lord." Sir George said with a bow.

"Oh, my Goddess! I would die for a real bed." Rya moans.

"I would rather you live, Rya." Quinus said with a smirk.

"Yeah, Beta is right Alpha!" Dalia says with a concerned look.

"Hehe. Dalia, it's a figure of speech." Rya laughed.

"Figure of speech? I don't understand Alpha?" Dalia said with confusion.

"She meant it as a joke, Lady Dalia." Percy said with a smile.

"Aww. My bad..." Dalia said with a bashful face.

"Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I could use some shut eye." Percy says.

"We'll have to talk to the governor of Kishin first, Percy." Sir George says.

"Rya, Lady Dalia. Stay close to us. The people of Kishin are not hostile towards non-humans, but they aren't friendly either." Quinus said.

"Alright. Thank you, Quinus." Rya said.

"Thank you, Beta." Dalia said with a bow.

"Let's go." Quinus said with excitement.

The gates finally open for Quinus and the group as they walk through the doors to the village.

The gates finally opened the gate for Quinus and the group as they walked through the doors to the village.

"I'm sorry my Lord! We were ordered by the mayor, to not let anyone enter the town without his permission!" said the captain of the guard as he and the rest of the guards bowed their heads when Quinus, Rya and the rest of them entered the village.

Quinus only shook his head in disapproval in response to the guards.

***

Kishin is a small village of about 1500 residents. Only a few were out late at night. There was the main square, an open-air bar and restaurant that were closed at this time. There also was the usual Adventure Guild build and a couple of stalls where people sold things like fruits, vegetables, and fish. The main street had several houses on both sides but they all looked empty. The village Kishin's major export is the logging and monster harvesting because of the gaint forest to the west called the Giga-tree Forest. They've even managed to attract some Adventurers who go into the forest to hunt goblins. However, since there was a surge of goblins because of the Tomb of the Horde quite a few adventurers lost their lives.

As Rya walked around the village, she noticed that the doors of many of the buildings were either broken or nailed shut. They didn't see any lights in most of the homes, which made it look pretty gloomy. She could tell that not much had been happening in the village for a while now. And the few villagers that were out this late at night were all surprised to see Prince Quinus and his group enter.

Rya could hear some of them talking to each other as they passed by them. They tried to whisper as they started murmuring to each other. But Rya’s Dark Elven ears could hear them clear as day.

"The prince is back. Did they stop the monster stampede? How did they do it?" A man said to his friends as he walked past them.

"Don’t know? Maybe they did? But why do they have demi-humans with them? Dark Elf and a Wolf-kin?" Another questioned as they saw Dalia and Rya who looked to be having a conversation.

"Don't worry. They're probably just the prince's slaves or something." One of the men reassured his fellow townsman.

"Huh? But the Prince outlawed slavery in the realm.... Well, we can't take any chances. Let's get some more guards so we can protect our homes." as the townspeople decided to leave the town square.

***

"Tch, cowardly humans and their venomous tongues!" Dalia spat out.

"Yeah it's going to be tough to change the minds of the simple townspeople, like them. When they think we are the problems in their life. Got to 'other us' to feel good about themselves." Rya told Dalia.

"They're just too narrow-minded to see beyond their little worlds!" Dalia snarled.

Rya then noticed a man running toward them at breakneck speed. He was an older man wearing an official uniform of some sort.

"My PRINCE! My apotheosis!" The man cried.

"Well look who has come to greet us?" Quinus complained.

"Aye, the Mayor's minister. I guess Tomas is too busy to greet his majesty in person. Or maybe he's too scared of him." Sir George said with a chuckle as he glanced at Quinus for a quick moment.

The man that was rushing finally made it to where Quinus was, when he came over and landed on his knees to a stop and bows before Quinus.

"Lord Prince, I am the Minister of Trade, Mr. Marko Aitken. And I also serve as the Mayor Tomas of Kishin." He spoke.

"And how is the situation here?" Quinus asked.

"Our people are doing well. Since we haven't had a monster attack about 3 days ago my Lord." Marko said with his head still down on the ground.

"I'm sure your people are pleased with that, but I'm not pleased with the welcome we receive once we come back to this village, Mr. Aitken." Quinus said.

"I-I didn't know my Lord! I'll make sure the mayor knows of this as soon as possible." Marko said with another bow.

"You will do no such thing Marko. I am going to speak with Tomas myself." Quinus said with anger.

Marko bowed his head in defeat. "O-Of course my Lord. I'll see if the mayor can receive his Majesty at this moment!" Marko said as he quickly runs towards a mansion off in the distance about 300 yards away from their location.

"Hmm. I don't get a good vibe from this Tomas guy. Do you know what the deal is with him, Quin?" Rya asked.

"He's an ally of my uncle Duke Revealia. I'm sure he'll send news that Marcus isn't here." Quinus said with a stern look.

"He will only help if the benefits are great enough. Or the threat of death is high enough." Percy said with a smile. *Poke* "L-Lady Dalia?! Why are you poking me?"

"Hmm? No reason in particular, young one." Dalia said with a straight face but her tail was wagging.

'That's adorable! Haah, but I have to stay vigilant.' Rya thought as she refocused on her surroundings.

"Let's just try and keep our heads up, then." Rya said with a smirk.

Everyone nodded with Ryan's comment as they waited for the mayor.

"Aye, Lady Rya is correct, we need to be vigilant. Captain! I'll need your assistance!" Sir George said.

"We will, Sir George. What's your command?" The captain asked.

"We will need you to patrol the town to see if Tomas tries anything funny."

"With pleasure, Sir George. We will report if we find anything. Men!" The captain said and took off to his patrol with the other Knights.

"..."

"Well let's pay the mayor a visit shall we." Quinus said with a serious tone.

They all followed as they walked towards the mayor's estate.

***

144