Chapter 1 – My new life
2.5k 7 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

Darkness, this was all I could see in front of me, I don't know exactly how long I have been wandering in this empty space with nothing, it could be hours or maybe decades, maybe you are wondering how I got here and the explanation for this question is very simple, i died, since I was born, I was diagnosed with an incurable disease, basically my days were numbered from the moment my mother took me in her arms, because of this disease I have spent my last 20 years, lying in a hospital bed.

As my family was apparently rich, they always gave me everything I asked for, I say apparently because I never left the hospital to see the house where my father and mother lived, they showed me pictures of the room that would be mine when I was cured, from the pictures I could see that the place was very luxurious, besides this fact my medications were extremely expensive, but since my parents always bought them and it didn't seem that they spent more than they had, I concluded that we were rich.

Normally my disease would kill someone at about 10 years after the discovery of the disease, but thanks to my parents I was able to reach my twenties, and I am extremely grateful to them for that, in addition, I was able to say goodbye to my parents with a smile on my face and thank them for everything they did for me, I really have no regrets, if I had to name one it would be that I didn't have the opportunity to love, as I was always in a hospital bed, I never went out to meet someone and fall in love, I spent my 20 years of life practically reading books about everything I could get my hands on and also played games about founding countries and military strategies that were my favorite genres.

Thanks to this I can say that I gained an incredible amount of knowledge about various things and how they work, I wouldn't consider myself an inventor or anything like that, after all what I learned was basically the method of manufacturing things that had been manufactured before, if I had a chance to start over, I would want to find someone to love like my parents loved me, I would do anything for that person, even if it meant becoming an enemy to the whole world.

While all these thoughts were going through my head suddenly a light came on in front of me, that light was emitting a warmth that was strangely comfortable, as if this was the place I was supposed to be, without realizing it I was slowly approaching the light, it seemed that I was being hypnotized by the light to get closer, slowly as I was getting closer the light was getting stronger and stronger until my field of vision was completely taken by the light.

“...”

In the background, I hear some noises, but they're so faint that I can't clearly distinguish what they are.

"R..."

Once again, something is being uttered, but once again, I can't catch the words. I feel a slight buzzing in my ears, as if they're muffled, but gradually the buzzing starts to fade, and finally, I can discern clearly what the voice was saying.

"Reni, mala amala Reni, tala veni kala nosi"

Whoever was uttering these words was a woman of captivating beauty, with long brown hair framing her enchanting face. Her brown eyes added an even more special touch to her beauty. Tears were gently sliding down her cheeks while a graceful smile formed on her lips. As I observed her, she suddenly turned her head to the side as if speaking to someone who had just arrived. Unfortunately, my head remains immobile, so I can't identify who else is present with us. Faced with this bewildering situation, I can only reach one conclusion.

(It seems that I have been reincarnated as a baby)

As these thoughts took over my mind, suddenly another face appeared before my eyes. It was a man with a slight beard, his features notably similar to what my mother's would probably be. He had brown hair and eyes, and he also radiated striking beauty. It seemed I wouldn't have to worry about my appearance.

"Viri Reni, mi kora mi viri"

The man said, his face lighting up with a smile. Although my mobility is limited, it doesn't mean I am completely helpless. I have been trying for some time, and it seems that I can use my mouth reasonably well. However, I still doubt my ability to pronounce words. But perhaps this will suffice as a gesture of affection.

"Buuuu"

After uttering my first words, the man I presume to be my father became so emotional that he started crying. They seem to be exceptionally loving parents after all, as my father was so happy that he shed tears over a simple sound I unintentionally made. Though I can't express myself verbally, I realize that crying becomes my only way of communicating my need for food. I wouldn't cry just because I'm hungry, but given how vital feeding is for a baby's growth, I can't help but resort to it. Preparing for the moment, I fill my newborn lungs with air before releasing a resounding sound.

"Uaaaaaaaa, Uaaaaaaaa"

As soon as my tears began to flow, my father was taken aback, wearing an expression of confusion, seeming unsure how to react.

"Anni tali kali nari, luma mi, amala, tali viri eni kala, Reni tali vori"

As my mother spoke these words to my father, he gently handed me into her arms. With agility, she brought my head close to her chest, allowing me to feed. Careful not to cause any discomfort, I took hold of the milk nipple and began to suck. Instantly, a sweet taste flooded my mouth, going straight into my stomach. I can confidently state that it was the most delicious milk I have ever tasted.

"Luma veli, amala Reni"

While my mother spoke, she gently stroked my head with her delicate hands. In that instant, I fervently wished that time would stand still, allowing me to savor this moment eternally.

24