Chapter 8 – Manual Water Pump Diagram
788 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

After my conversation with Bernard a week had passed, basically I told him that I intended to create something that would help solve the water problem, at least help enough so that we would no longer need to go so far away just to get water, since I needed some time to create in detail what we would need to build I told him to come back in a week's time which would already coincide with the day he would return to our town to sell new products, to summarize what I was thinking of creating this would be a manual water pump, it was extremely problematic the way we do it to get water, first we would have to go to the well after that we would tie a rope to the bucket and then throw it into the can.

This was something extremely inconvenient, after all, most of the time you would already be tired by the simple fact of needing to pull a rope with an extremely heavy bucket because of the water to be able to carry this bucket to your house, with the hand pump this work would be cut in half, besides, from what I know throughout the continent the method is the same, it seems that they had not even thought of another way to make the water go to them, but at the moment instead of making a whole system of pipes I need to do this by steps, because first I need to convince Bernard that what I am telling him is true.

And so, the day of Bernard's visit had arrived, actually we were me, my father, my mother, and Bernard sitting on chairs in the kitchen, actually Bernard was looking at a piece of paper with a diagram on it, on this diagram was the way to build the manual water pump, after looking at the paper Bernard looks at me while letting out a sigh.

"I have to say, if you are not a genius that is born every generation then I don't know what you are, being honest this is totally revolutionary"

I smile at Bernard's response.

"If that works that is"

Bernard said with a serious look on his face.

"First of all, how can you be sure that this will work the way you say it will?"

At Bernard's answer I let out a smile and answered him.

"If I had to explain it in a simple way the pressure will make the water rise"

Edward looked at me with a confused face probably not understanding what I meant, but how should I answer his question...my knowledge comes basically from books, although I know it will work, I don't know if he would understand if I explain it in a scientific way.

"Basically, the hand water pump sucks the water coming through one tube into the cylinder and then pushes it out through the other tube"

But even with my explanations it didn't seem that Bernard and my parents were understanding what I was saying.

"Anyway, you just need to understand that it will work the way it is illustrated in the diagram"

Hearing my words Bernard nodded his head before continuing the conversation.

"Alright, to tell you the truth something is telling me that your idea can really work, first I will go back to the capital, I doubt that here there is any blacksmith good enough to create what you are showing here, after that I will talk to the merchants guild to patent this invention with the name of "Hand water pump" but you don't have to worry too much about this matter, the leader of the merchants guild and a friend of mine so it shouldn't take long at all, but they will probably want me to put the name of the inventor, what name should I put in this case?"

After Bernard's question I think about it for a while, at first, I thought of just putting my name but I soon discarded that idea, and better to go for a pseudonym for the moment, after thinking for a few minutes I turn my gaze to Bernard and tell him about which name to put.

"Ask them to patent it with the name of X, also, do not reveal the age of who made it for now, when I can go to the guild, I will introduce myself, I do not want to draw too much attention for now"

Hearing my answer my father and Bernard get confused expressions on their faces.

"X okay, that's fine, you can leave it to me"

After that Bernard left my house towards his wagon to continue his trip to the capital, he told me he would go to a blacksmith he knows so he could make a prototype of the manual water pump, after that he would return with the prototype and I would test it here, if it works as planned it would be sold en masse a while later, in addition, Bernard also told me that he was going to patent the game of checkers that I had created under the name X, apparently, he was a bit miffed that I wasn't taking any credit for it, plus this new business I was entrusting entirely to him, so he would share a portion of the profits from the game with me.

Of course the game was a tremendous success in the capital and seems to be spreading to the other kingdoms, apparently the game is popular with both the nobility and the commoners, it seems that the game gained two versions, one made entirely of gold that is sold only to the nobles and another made normally with wood to be sold among the commoners, the nobles really have strange ways of spending their money.

With this in mind I was waiting for Bernard to return so that we could test the manual water pump, which didn't take long, again a week passed quickly and the day came when Bernard would arrive, i was especially looking forward to this, after all, this was something that I had helped develop myself, although it wasn't really me who had created it, it doesn't change the fact that it didn't exist in this world.

19