Chapter 10 – Reincarnated attending a medieval school
781 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

After the event with the hand water pump some time had passed, I had finally turned 8 years old and was ready to go to school, furthermore, after I completed the water pump as promised Bernard gave the one, we had tested for free to our village, every month he visited us to deliver my share of the money from the sale of the pumps, apparently, there were many engineers and scholars wanting to know who was the person who had managed to create such an invention, but since I had registered my name as X, they had no idea who had done it, I wonder what their reaction would be when they learned that it was a 7 year old child who had done it.

This is what I was thinking while I was in class, today would be my first day attending school, I was currently sitting on a chair, there were several children talking to their friends, obviously I was alone, it's not that I didn't want friends, it was just weird talking to children when mentally I was over 20 years old, in case you are wondering what, the classroom is like, it is really simple, some chairs and tables placed for the students to sit on and a blackboard where the teacher would put the assignments etc.

I had already decided before that I would not hold back, I want to graduate from school as soon as possible and go to the capital, although I like the place where I was born and raised, I feel that there is still much more to see, and I won't be able to see everything if I stay here, I had already talked to my parents about it and they accepted easily, my sister cried a lot thinking that I would abandon her while I went away alone to a distant place, but since I won't be going now, I managed to take her worries away, besides, Bernard told me that there is an academy in the capital of the Solaris kingdom where it would be very beneficial if I went.

Although the academy only accepts mostly nobles and it is possible to get in if you get 95% of the questions right and prove that you are able to attend the academy, if I had to sum it up, if you are a commoner, you will only get into the school if you are a genius, my plan is to enter this school when I turn 14, from 14 I will finish school at 18 totaling 4 years in total, as there is a school with dormitories, I will have no problem staying there, besides, with the money from the sales of the manual water pump I have plenty of money in my pocket.

While I was thinking about this the teacher was passing activities on the board for us to do, I'm pretty sure that everything they taught I would already know, even if it's something new that I only have in this world I finished reading the books in my house when I was 3 years old, what the teacher was going over was a simple summation math account, as soon as she finished putting the exercises on the board for us to do, she gave a brief explanation of how to solve the questions and told us to come to her when we were done.

Needless to say, I was the first to finish, as she was putting the questions on the board, I was already answering them, as soon as I finished answering all 5 questions, she had put on the board I went to her and showed her that I had finished, when I approached her, she looked at me with a suspicious look wanting to know the reason for my going to her, I'm sure she didn't expect me to be finished already.

"What happened Ren, do you need to go to the bathroom?"

Asked the teacher with a smile on her face.

"I'm done"

I said as I put my small notebook on the table, the teacher looked incredulous at what I had just said but said nothing and looked at my notebook, within seconds her eyes went wide and she looked at me right away, I don't think she was surprised that I had managed to do it, I think she was surprised that I had finished seconds after she finished going over the activities on the board.

"They are right, has anyone ever taught you that before?"

The teacher asked.

"Not really, my parents can barely read, they wouldn't know enough math to be able to teach me either"

The teacher seemed to understand what I meant since usually in cities the only ones who would know how to read to teach their children would be the richest or the mayor, the teacher started thinking about something, and soon after that she started writing something in my notebook.

"Here, try to solve these problems.

After that she handed me the notebook again, as soon as she handed it to me, I looked at the notebook and saw what she had written in it, there were new math numbers, although they were a little more difficult than the previous one, they still didn't break the pattern of something I could do in seconds, without even going back to my chair I took my charcoal pencil and started to solve the problems, the teacher looked at me as if she couldn't believe her eyes, unfortunately for her I had already decided to graduate from the class as a genius, this would also help me in going to the academy, after all most cases of commoners attending the academy was because their previous school indicated them.

In moments I had already solved all the problems and again handed over to the teacher, she quickly took the notebook from my hand and began to look to see if the answers were correct, a smile escapes my face to see her reaction, you need much more than this to impress me teacher, the teacher got up from her desk and quickly left the room, I am pretty sure that she went to the principal's office to report what had happened, from that day on I would be called the rising genius of the small town of Maine.

18